Wraith overrun SGC???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wraith overrun SGC???

Unless it is a battalion of Wraith, I just do not see it happening. SGC is supposed to be heavily manned and armed (no John pea shooters). The Wraith would be dead.

SGC also has a lot of experience with enemy incursions. In real life experience on the battle field cannot ever be duplicated=one of the key's to victory. While the Wraith in Pegasus predominately feeding on hapless primitive humans.

So far in Midway screen shots, I did not see a single Wraith casuality.

Possibility is that the Wraith of course came by complete surprise and wanted to make to the surface ASAP AND SGC was in 'PEACE MODE' with minimal staff.

Otherwise it is just for the plot hole (Teal'C and Ronon are supposed to do clean up).

Originally posted by JSPuddlejumper View Post
    Unless it is a battalion of Wraith, I just do not see it happening. SGC is supposed to be heavily manned and armed (no John pea shooters). The Wraith would be dead.

SGC also has a lot of experience with enemy incursions. In real life experience on the battle field cannot ever be duplicated=one of the key's to victory. While the Wraith in Pegasus predominately feeding on hapless primitive humans.

Possibility is that the Wraith of course came by complete surprise and wanted to make to the surface ASAP AND SGC was in 'PEACE MODE' with minimal staff.

Otherwise it is just for the plot hole (Teal'C and Ronon are supposed to do clean up).
    Talking about plothole before even watching the ep... now that's something.

Comment

Thanks for the spoiler.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

you have a good point.
        the moment the wraith invade, all they'll have to do is set the base to emergency lockdown and seal off the gateroom.
        how are they gonna get through the doors? with their stunners?

Comment

Well maybe it's just one or two that slipped in with a cloaking device...

Comment

As for the Wraith, personal cloaking device will definitely do it in the short run. So yeah, they could use those to infiltrate and escape the compound.

However, SGC does have devices to detect invisibility. If the remain too long in the SGC they will be discovered and eliminated.

Otherwise, come on, HTF are a few Wraith with stunners going to defeat SGC? Implausible. These are heavily trained, heavily armed Marines, some of whom at least fought way tougher competition than the Wraith, like the Ori and Replicators come to mind. At least Annubis and Aphohis fleet/troops were at least as tough as the Wraith.

Comment

Maybe the Wraith are using those ghost things that they used in the beginning of season 1, I don't think the SGC would have trained the security people to look out for those. But yeah, I have been wondering how the Wraith get into the SGC myself.

Vala,

Comment

I am so confused....even if this is a spoiler, i am confused...

Comment

Let me try to clarify.

In the upcoming episode (next week) named Midway, Wraith infiltrate SGC and apparently seem to have beaten the troops there, and either they escaped or still in the compound.

The Wraith used the Midway station to get to Earth.

Now I am wondering how the hell the Wraith defeated the forces at SGC?

Speculation: Like Vala said, could be those devices used in season 1 of SG, another could be Sodan like cloaking devices. Barring these, or other strange reason we haven't thought of, there is no way they could defeat the SGC UNLESS they send in easily 100+++Wraith.

I would think SGC would have 500-1000 armed troops.

That is why I am specualting at a plot hole. Plot device so Teal'C and Ronon can work together to save the day. Because realistically, there is no way a few Wraith or a few dozen Wraith could defeat the forces at SGC.

Comment

Not trying to complain here but this really should have the word Spoilers in the title.

Also, its no point calling a plothole before the episode has even aired.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Originally posted by Blistna View Post
                      I am so confused....even if this is a spoiler, i am confused...
                      See what you done by not using Spoilers. You've confused Blistna

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

The latest trailer showed that they sent in many waves of Wraith. And these Wraith seemed to be armored well.

All the more reason SGC should have their personnel carrying some powerful energy weapons.

They also sent in something to take out the gate guards (like a larger version of Jaffa knock out bomb).

Well planned execution by the Wraith. Who would have thought?

Betrayal by Todd?

Comment

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori View Post
                          Not trying to complain here but this really should have the word Spoilers in the title.

Also, its no point calling a plothole before the episode has even aired.
                          finally someone smart.

seems like virus is going around making people use the word "plot hole" when they don't understand something on the show.

Ohhhhhh look theres a bird eating a worm outside!! PLOTHOLEZZ !!! LOL11oneeleven...
                          Visit my Website

Comment

The latest trailer showed that they sent in many waves of Wraith. And these Wraith seemed to be armored well.

All the more reason SGC should have their personnel carrying some powerful energy weapons.

They also sent in something to take out the gate guards (like a larger version of Jaffa knock out bomb).

Well planned execution by the Wraith. Who would have thought?

Betrayal by Todd?
                            Where is this in the clip? I couldn't make out much from the small screen that was aired during the end of "Trio"? How would the Wraith know Earth's defences unless Todd betrayed the info from his visit to the SGC but I'm not sure he would do that.

Vala,

Comment

Is there a link to the trailers yet?

Comment

Working...
                              X