This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ship in Season Five Like it? hate it? Discuss

Did you find yourself cringing during the proposal thing in Quarantine?
    Can you see Ronan and Keller getting together or dating?
    Do you see more chemistry between the non-shipped characters?
    All views of ship welcome in this thread
    sigpic
    Thanks to lil ferrett for the picture

In season 5 JM said they would film a similar scene to the one about Jack and Sam that was cut from Trio. We'll see about that, huh? I just wish they'd say something about it and be done with it. It can't be that hard to do. Three years of dragging out the Jack/Sam thing is getting old and next season is their last chance to fix it. It wouldn't take much, FCOL. The picture was nice, but I need a little bit more.

As for the rest, I felt bad for Rodney. He's so dysfunctional. I think that was their attempt at a romance for him, and nothing further is going to happen, poor guy.
    And anything having to do with Keller- well I just can't stand that character for reasons I have explained on the anti-Keller thread numerous times. So if something comes of her encounter with Ronan in Quarantine, I would feel very sorry for Ronan.
    Last edited by VSS; 07 February 2008, 11:07 AM.

Comment

I've never been a fan of canon ship on either Stargate. Why? Look at Sam/Jack. How well has that been handled?

Originally posted by atfan View Post
      Yep. And I had a feeling that would happen knowing the awkwardness of a fumbling Rodney. I just didn't think it would be so bad. Also, there's no way I can get on board a ship that has taken place almost entirely off screen. One date in Duet, a scare in Tabula Rasa, a couple of mentions here and there, and now they've jumped to marriage in Quarantine? Nah, too disjointed for me.

Besides, it doesn't look like Katie will be back in s5, so that ship is done.

Nope. They hardly spent any time together before Quarantine. Did they even talk to each other before then? Now all of a sudden they were stuck in a room together and almost smooched and I'm supposed to buy it. Again, disjointed and rushed.

Also, I don't think they have anything in common. Outside of TPTB's statement that Keller looks like Ronon's dead wife, which is mighty creepy in its own right.

Well I did, but one of them is gone now.

Comment

Actually I found myself cringing through most of the Rodney scenes since I found his actions extremely out of character. However, his bumbling proposal before the lockdown was pure McKay (no cringe factor for me). While I'm not a shipper, I have no problem with the concept (if it can be done well). I didn't really see Katie as a long-term interest for McKay.

Yep. And I'm all for it if done with subtlety - the occasional glance or comment about having dinner together. Not interested in the romance overshadowing the heart of the show though.

In a romantic way? Nope.
        sigpic
        Sig by Luciana
        My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

I used to think Weir and Beckett could work out, and the little scene with Lorne and Teyla in Spoils of War gave me a few interesting thoughts, but overall, I don't think any deep relationships would go over. That's something best left to fan fic.

As others have said, the whole smash-in-your-face Ronon/Keller "kinda" kiss was one of the most cringe-worthy scenes I've seen on this show.

Comment

Originally posted by FireCat View Post
            I used to think Weir and Beckett could work out, and the little scene with Lorne and Teyla in Spoils of War gave me a few interesting thoughts, but overall, I don't think any deep relationships would go over. That's something best left to fan fic.

As others have said, the whole smash-in-your-face Ronon/Keller "kinda" kiss was one of the most cringe-worthy scenes I've seen on this show.
            Yeah I agree I was going okay talking good and I can see them being friends even dating if subtle but kissing after just barely having a conversation was wierd but to me the biggest cringe was Rodney/Katie
            I liked seeing them the dates were not the most romantic but hey it's Rodney.
            To rush it to proposing though....just wrong but again I guess typical Rodney kinda like a certain Colonel and Pete ---ugg bad memories but one or two onscreen things and bamm engaged? I saw some chemistry between Weir and Sheppard more friendship than romantic.
            sigpic
            Thanks to lil ferrett for the picture

Comment

Obviously I am a Shipper, so yes, I do welcome ship.

However, I'm not a big fan of any ship amongst the Atlantis regulars. I just don't see it
              IMO, Ronon and Keller shouldn't get together. It seems kind of forced to me and I really wondered where in earth that ship came from...

As for the proposal, that was funny. Nothing more, nothing less. Frankly, I have the feeling that that little storyline served to show Rodney's poor relational skills more than his love for Katie.

BUT...
              I would of course love to see my S/J ship resolved at some point...
              Call me a hypocrite, but that's the only ship that really works for me, even on SGA...
              Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
              Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

I only want Ship if it's done right

Star Trek managed it (perfect example - Paris/Torres; perfect example of unrequited love - picard/crusher) (and yes I know they also fowled up) more than once.

It'd be nice for Stargate to get it right even once.
                sigpic
                Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

As previousley mentioned i just dont see Ronan/Keller ship at all and agree it seems forced and far fetched.

I dont really like romance in sci-fi - long running series. to keep that interesting always ends up in break ups and make ups. i can get that watching the OC. off hand comments such as "you still seeing (insert name)", "yes" is fine by me.

Anymore Larrin and i will need an industrial size barrf bin, that ship/flirt was just to childish for me.. that kind of behaviour i would expect in the playground not in this series.

as much as i dislike carter and sg1 at large. i think it would be a disservice to the fans not to settle the S/J ship once and for all. although arn't there movies being made which could settle that? sorry i dont keep up with anything sg1 unless it directly relates to sga.

so no cannon ship for me. hints to is okay as long as its done in a mature fashion.

sigpic
                  banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

If McKay is going to be paired off with anyone i want it to be will a tough spirited woman. Maybe a female Marine or something as i never felt Katie Brown was really his type. He obviously isnt going to be paired off with Carter but i think a character like Carter would be a good pairing for McKay.

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
                      I only want Ship if it's done right

Star Trek managed it (perfect example - Paris/Torres; perfect example of unrequited love - picard/crusher) (and yes I know they also fowled up) more than once.

It'd be nice for Stargate to get it right even once.
                      Oh i forgot about Paris/Torres that was one ship i did route for and was pleased with the build up and pay off. though i admit i didnt see that last series of Voyager so have no idea how it ended. but was definatley pleasently surprised by how well it worked for me.

sigpic
                      banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

Originally posted by ykickamoocow View Post
                        If McKay is going to be paired off with anyone i want it to be will a tough spirited woman. Maybe a female Marine or something as i never felt Katie Brown was really his type. He obviously isnt going to be paired off with Carter but i think a character like Carter would be a good pairing for McKay.
                        No, its gotta be Cadman all the way
                        sigpic
                        banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

Okay...here's my opinion on all the main character ships (or the ones I can think of)

Shep/Weir - could work
                          Shep/Teyla - could work, but I'd rather not see it
                          Shep/Carter - wrong on so many levels
                          Shep/Keller - wrong on so many levels
                          McKay/Weir - could work
                          McKay/Teyla - could actually be really interesting
                          McKay/Carter - probably wouldn't work
                          Mckay/Keller - wrong on so many levels
                          Ronon/Weir - could be interesting
                          Ronon/Teyla - could work
                          Ronon/Carter - would totally not work but could be interesting
                          Ronon/Keller - will not work
                          Beckett/Weir - could work
                          Beckett/Teyla - could be really interesting
                          Beckett/Carter - would not work
                          Beckett/Keller - probably wouldn't work
                          Woolsey/Weir - wrong on so many levels
                          Woolsey/Teyla - wrong on so many levels
                          Woolsey/Carter - wrong on so many levels
                          Woolsey/wrong on so many levels - OMG...wrong wrong wrong!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stclare View Post
                            No, its gotta be Cadman all the way
                            Yes i always thought Cadman was a good match for McKay.

Comment

Originally posted by stclare View Post
                              Oh i forgot about Paris/Torres that was one ship i did route for and was pleased with the build up and pay off. though i admit i didnt see that last series of Voyager so have no idea how it ended. but was definatley pleasently surprised by how well it worked for me.

Want spoiled?

Spoiler:
                              They end up married with a baby girl called Miral!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X