• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keller is regular?

Wow, what a distasteful choice.

Originally posted by fordpickup&6pack View Post
    Wow, what a distasteful choice.
    Wow, what a distasteful fan reaction.
    Last edited by Platschu; 06 February 2008, 03:38 PM.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Let the good times roll. I like Keller because she has flaws. She is scarad person who was put into the current sitution when she wasn't ready. She seems to have more flaws than Beckett. I just hope the same mistake isn't made that happened when Beckett became a regulae.
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

I tried to give Keller a chance, and even though I like Jewel, they're not giving her enough to work with to make the character likeable.

They're writing her as a whiny, miserably, unconfident child.

That has to change if the wider fandom is ever going to become attached to her character.
        sigpic
        Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Evil idea, but maybe she should kill or hurt someone because of her fault to grow up for the chief doctor position.
          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
            Evil idea, but maybe she should kill or hurt someone because of her fault to grow up for the chief doctor position.
            Wow, and my post is being judged by this individual.

Comment

Regular status does worry me, we had this with Carson i dont want her shoe horned into an ep just becaused she needs alloted screen time.

i also feel she has had plenty to work with in season 4 and have come away not realy wanting to see anymore.

i think its a wait and see how many eps shes featured in next season, and how many eps are based on her charcter.

regular could mean any number of eps couldnt it? it doesnt have to mean the full 20 right?
              sigpic
              banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

Originally posted by stclare View Post
                regular could mean any number of eps couldnt it? it doesnt have to mean the full 20 right?
                Quite a few regulars missed several episodes of Season 4.

People need to just accept the fact that Keller is a permanent part of Atlantis for at least one more season and that, most likely, after Carson's five or so episodes, he's gone (for at least the season).

Move on.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post

People need to just accept the fact that Keller is a permanent part of Atlantis for at least one more season

and that, most likely, after Carson's five or so episodes, he's gone (for at least the season).

Move on.
                  to be honest I think Carson will play an even bigger role in s6 if the show gets renewed
                  sigpic
                  The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

People need to just accept the fact that Keller is a permanent part of Atlantis for at least one more season and that, most likely, after Carson's five or so episodes, he's gone (for at least the season).

Move on.

And maybe people should also not jump to the conclusion that disliking Keller has anything to do with Carson being on the show or not.
                    - Life after Stargate -
                    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                    sigpic

Comment

Move on.
                      If only it was that easy. i didnt mind Carsons departure untill i was introduced to the new doctor and could not help comparing them, it falls way short of the mark for me. i was hoping for someone strong, competent and deffinatley no shipping to be seen.

i accept shes there i have no choice, that doesnt mean i will ever support or like it. Rodders is my fave charcter i know plenty of fans who cant stand him so i get what your saying but some times characters just dont work for you, this is that instance for me.
                      sigpic
                      banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                        And maybe people should also not jump to the conclusion that disliking Keller has anything to do with Carson being on the show or not.
                        Yup...My disliking Keller is nothing to do with Carson, as I wanted to like the character and tried to like her...I only gave up on her in Quarantine.

Plus Carson can come back as head of Genetics, so the roles of Beckett and Keller are not mutually exclusive.

Keller is an MD, not a Scientist. Carson is both.
                        sigpic
                        Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

If I can tolerate the fandom's incessant whining, I sure as hell as can tolerate Keller's...and anyone and anything else's.

Comment

Meh, look at it this way:

s1: Carson was recurring
                            s2: Carson was a regular
                            s3: Worst. Death. Ever.

TPTB love to repeat themselves. You do the math.

Comment

Dr. Fraiser was a recurring character for 7 years and I liked her just fine. Why do the Atlantis writers feel the need to shove Carson & Keller into more scenes than they are needed/wanted?

It's not that I hate Keller, I don't, she just doesn't bring anything new or interesting to the table. I'd much rather see Capt. Porter become a 10+ episode character.
                              Kevan Smith: "I shoot it, I go home, I get drunk."

Comment

Working...
                              X