Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Idea on the origin and opperation of Drone weaponry.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Idea on the origin and opperation of Drone weaponry.

Remember the little yellow buggs in "4.19 Prodigy"?

These guys:

They were also in the Defiant one:

Notice how they act and work. They burn through the target and swarm the target to death.

Could the Drones of the Ancients have been based on creatures like these?

teh ones in Defiant One didn't atack people, and they liked chocolate bars

Comment

Fair enough the ones in the Defiant One didnt attack them but I think the drones could have been based on these little critters anyway.

*****Spoiler for Harmony*****
      Spoiler:
      As in Harmony, they show the mini drones that the Ancients were working on before they got to the full size drones we know they use now. Maybe the things in Prodigy were even earlier stages of drone creativity than the mini drones.

Comment

they look like little, yellow, bolts of light

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
          they look like little, yellow, bolts of light
          what?

Comment

Originally posted by WraithWarrior View Post
            what?
            it's a Farscae thing.

Comment

the yellow buggs things in Prodigy were energy based but the yellow buggs things in Defiant one were different cos the wraith could kill them and they did not attack. but still i think the 1s from Prodigy could have inspired the idea but i doubt it

Comment

Originally posted by mickhhh View Post
                the yellow buggs things in Prodigy were energy based but the yellow buggs things in Defiant one were different cos the wraith could kill them and they did not attack. but still i think the 1s from Prodigy could have inspired the idea but i doubt it
                Yeah thats true, but arent the drones energy based and for that matter people have discussed whether they are organic and living creatures. As for the matter of one lot attacking and one lot not, we know the Ancients like to experiment and sometimes they made mistakes (well alot of the time) and for all we know, the Ancients created the ones in Prodigy using nanite technology to get them so small and they were abit too aggressive so they next lot they made in The Defiant One they changed the programming or controls and they were too gentle.

They could have been trying to create them so they were controllable to use as weapons for their ship. I mean would you create the modern full size drones if you couldnt control them and they start attacking like the ones on Prodigy

Comment

Are they like the ones in the Atlantis season 4 ep
                  Spoiler:
                  Harmony
                  ?
                  "You don't know half of it".
                  Former C.I.A. Director George Bush
                  (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

Comment

Originally posted by GodAtum View Post
                    Are they like the ones in the Atlantis season 4 ep
                    Spoiler:
                    Harmony
                    ?
                    No they are slightly smaller, but this still fits in with my theory. As like I said it would have been easier as well as safer for them to test these weapons with smaller things first than bigger ones. Both planets they tested them on I believe were planets without population on meaning that if they went wrong no one would get hurt. That is of course til a Wraith hive crashes or humans come and try to set an alpha site on it.

Comment

Yeah thats true, but arent the drones energy based and for that matter people have discussed whether they are organic and living creatures. As for the matter of one lot attacking and one lot not, we know the Ancients like to experiment and sometimes they made mistakes (well alot of the time) and for all we know, the Ancients created the ones in Prodigy using nanite technology to get them so small and they were abit too aggressive so they next lot they made in The Defiant One they changed the programming or controls and they were too gentle.

They could have been trying to create them so they were controllable to use as weapons for their ship. I mean would you create the modern full size drones if you couldnt control them and they start attacking like the ones on Prodigy
                      i dont think the mini drones are energy based but they might be. theres another thing why i dont think they are the same thing, in Prodigy they seemed to burn people which they would because they are energy based but in Harmony they were make puncher wounds which suggests made from matter. plus the bugs in Defiant one had to be made from matter

Comment

i dont think the mini drones are energy based but they might be. theres another thing why i dont think they are the same thing, in Prodigy they seemed to burn people which they would because they are energy based but in Harmony they were make puncher wounds which suggests made from matter. plus the bugs in Defiant one had to be made from matter
                        Thats true, but they could still be an earlier experiment of the Ancients. Maybe before they thought of the drones!? maybe not, but its a possibility.

Comment

Thats true, but they could still be an earlier experiment of the Ancients. Maybe before they thought of the drones!? maybe not, but its a possibility.
                          if the writers decide to make that link later on it would be interesting to see what they say

Comment

if the writers decide to make that link later on it would be interesting to see what they say
                            Yes, it would indeed. I like the way we are finding out more about Ancient history and the experiments they created. That and the way Rodney interacts with them, its hilarious

Comment

Yes, it would indeed. I like the way we are finding out more about Ancient history and the experiments they created. That and the way Rodney interacts with them, its hilarious
                              Weir: You blew up three quarters of a solar system!
                              McKay: Four fifths actualy but look it's not an exact sciennce.
                              or somehting along those lines

Comment

Working...
                              X