Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sam's exit as commander of Atlantis (speculation on how it will occur)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sam's exit as commander of Atlantis (speculation on how it will occur)

I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on how Sam would end up leaving Atlantis keep in mind that she is going to still guest from time to time. I know the IOA will be involved but I think it will have to do with her going against something they didn't like any ideas?
    sigpic
    Thanks to lil ferrett for the picture

I imagine that they'll give her a ship to command. Either that, or they will have her oversee some major scientific project in the MW.

Comment

it was a short list of people who the ioa wanted to command Atlantis ....so it might have been a temp job untill the ioa found someone more permanent.

maybe sam knew it would be short term
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I like the idea of her commanding a ship. It gives a good possiblity for reoccuring appearances.

Comment

I'm thinking, and this is pure speculation, that it might have something to do with...
          Spoiler:
          ....the way she handles the rescue mission in 'Search and Rescue'.

Comment

Is it possible that it could have something to do with SciFi Channel picking up Sanctuary for 13 episodes? Amanda's the main star so it stands to reason that she'd be in almost every ep

Comment

Originally posted by Demonique View Post
              Is it possible that it could have something to do with SciFi Channel picking up Sanctuary for 13 episodes? Amanda's the main star so it stands to reason that she'd be in almost every ep
              Well yes thats the reason Amanda's leaving. This threads about how they are going to write Carter out of being the Commander of Atlantis.
              A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

im guessing it might have something to do with SG1, i mean if they want to keep making the direct to DVD films theres gonna have to get her back to be in it.
                maybe shes just recalled to the SGC or area 51 for the time being. It wouldnt be the first time shes been needed at A51.

sigpic

Comment

Here's what I think will happen, based on the spoiler of her conversation with Rodney in 'Search and Rescue'

I think that the IOA will not have been happy with a Military Commander, and will have found a way to forceably remove her from Atlantis. Hence why out of the blue, she's packed her bags and deflects Rodney's enquiry about the bags.

I think they'll push Carter out of the job, and that they'll put Woolsey in her place...Initially he'll be completely IOA, causing problems and butting heads, but I think like Caldwell did, he'll realise that Atlantis is Atlantis, and things have to be done differently...I think by the end of the season, he'll probably be more loyal to Atlantis than the IOA, but there'll still be bad blood for pushing Carter out of her job so swiftly.
                  sigpic
                  Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Sheppard changes the past in the last episode of Season 4. Upon his return he finds Woolsey is in command and Carter is around doing science things.

Also affected by the changed timeline: the painting from Outcast has been altered slightly, FRAN is somehow still around, Atlantis has 3 ZPMs, we salvaged the Ancient ship from The Return, Teyla's pregnant from Sheppard, McKay is married, and all plot holes have mysteriously disappeared from the universe.

Comment

I think its going to be something along the line of the IOA being against the \S&R mission but sam doing it anyway and they see it as botched, much like they did with Heroes, so they remove her and if i recall though didnt some one say something about a court episode, perhaps a court martial, maybe that will be sam??

Click Signature for my take on all things in life, also known as my BLOG!!
                      Please Read and if it interest you make a comment

Atlantis -
                      SG1 -

Comment

Originally posted by geewillie86 View Post
                        I imagine that they'll give her a ship to command. Either that, or they will have her oversee some major scientific project in the MW.
                        Agh! WHY WHY WHY a ship?

"Hey this person is an Air Force officer, this means they can do ANY job, regardless of whether it was what they were trained for or if they're experience lends to it!"

Carter commanding Atlantis was a stretch. A REAL stretch. As a military officer, she would usually only command groups based on her role, which is SCIENCE> But, Station Commanders have to come from somewhere, so it is sort of permissable that she became the Atlantis "station commander". But commanding a ship is different, and not only would that be a step down, but I think would be a horrific move based on expertise.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

what i'm hoping for

sam says 'i only signed up for a year'

basially teh IOA was doing a nation wide search for the 'perfect' leader...but these things take time. so sam gets sent there to clean things up and settle the variuos wars so it's nice and pretty when the new commander gets there. she doesn't lose her command as much as her assignment comes to an end.

but, it's been a year...and they have no one. largely because, woolsey, the ONLY member of the committee that has actually left earth, negates candidate after candidate cause he can't see them working.

finally, annoyed as heck, the IOA says 'fine, tell ya what, you do it' and he's assigned there...quite against his will.

it allows sam to save face and not be demoted - AGAIN - and puts woolsey there in a more sympathetic attitude rather than 'me boss, you underling'.

i want her last line to him to be 'don't get everyone killed' before she goes home, to let him deal with things as he can
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                            what i'm hoping for

sam says 'i only signed up for a year'

basially teh IOA was doing a nation wide search for the 'perfect' leader...but these things take time. so sam gets sent there to clean things up and settle the variuos wars so it's nice and pretty when the new commander gets there. she doesn't lose her command as much as her assignment comes to an end.

but, it's been a year...and they have no one. largely because, woolsey, the ONLY member of the committee that has actually left earth, negates candidate after candidate cause he can't see them working.

finally, annoyed as heck, the IOA says 'fine, tell ya what, you do it' and he's assigned there...quite against his will.

it allows sam to save face and not be demoted - AGAIN - and puts woolsey there in a more sympathetic attitude rather than 'me boss, you underling'.

i want her last line to him to be 'don't get everyone killed' before she goes home, to let him deal with things as he can
                            I agree a court martial thing while interesting would effectively distroy her career unless she was found innocent. What position could they give her that wouldn't be a demotion though I can't think of any.
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to lil ferrett for the picture

Comment

The only position that i think will be higher than commanding Atlantis would be commanding SGC, but I don't think they'll give her that. More likely she'll be in command of the Oddissey and thus being able to pop in and out of Atlantis.

Comment

Working...
                              X