PDA

View Full Version : General Jack O'Neill, RIP

Noxchild
February 5th, 2008, 12:32 PM
Hell has frozen over, pigs are flying, and Jack O’Neill must be in the grave.

That’s the only possible explanation for the news that Woolsey is to be the commander of Atlantis.

Jack would NEVER allow the stupid, sniveling coward he saw in The Return go through the gate to take charge of Atlantis.

The guy who wanted to have Daniel killed in The Shroud? The man whose poor decisions in Prototype led to the deaths of SGC guards? No way would O’Neill allow this cowardly man with poor judgment to take over Atlantis. Just NO.

So, General O’Neill must be dead. I wish they had shown the funeral on the show….

Disclaimer: The above post is solely intended for the humorous enjoyment by the reader. Noxchild's tongue is firmly in cheek. :)

No offense is intended to any persons, living or dead, real or fictional. :D

vaberella
February 5th, 2008, 12:35 PM
Heh...I haven't seen that angled used. You might have a point.

Mitchell82
February 5th, 2008, 12:35 PM

That’s the only possible explanation for the news that Woolsey is to be the commander of Atlantis.

Jack would NEVER allow the stupid, sniveling coward he saw in The Return go through the gate to take charge of Atlantis.

The guy who wanted to have Daniel killed in The Shroud? The man whose poor decisions in Prototype led to the deaths of SGC guards? No way would O’Neill allow this cowardly man with poor judgment to take over Atlantis. Just NO.

So, General O’Neill must be dead. I wish they had shown the funeral on the show….
First RDA is massively expensive. If they could even get him they would use a huge chunk of their budget just on him instead of things like cool special effects. Second Woolsey made the same call most politicians would in that situation.

ToasterOnFire
February 5th, 2008, 12:36 PM
What a bitter end to Sam/Jack! :D

vaberella
February 5th, 2008, 12:38 PM
What a bitter end to Sam/Jack! :D

More like "perfect", in my case. :mckay:

gange57
February 5th, 2008, 12:38 PM
I bet there was cake at the services...

Lythisrose
February 5th, 2008, 12:40 PM

And free food!

dasNdanger
A flawed character is better than a perfect one. I think this can open up more possibilities for both the show - and the character, provided we see development of his character.

Could make for some fun - and frustrating - moments!

das

vaberella

They definitely didn't have candy apples and vodka or I would have been there.

I go to some of the weirdest funerals, as I sit here and reminisce.

Jumper_One
February 5th, 2008, 12:41 PM

and how exactly would he be able to stop the IOA from putting Woolsey in charge?

jenks
February 5th, 2008, 12:42 PM

Does he even have a say in the matter?

Noxchild
February 5th, 2008, 12:48 PM
and how exactly would he be able to stop the IOA from putting Woolsey in charge?

Nobody enters the SGC without the permission of the US military, therefore no one goes through the gate without the OK of the U.S. Air Force.

The Jack we knew and loved would NOT give the OK for Woolsey to go through the gate to take charge of Atlantis. Even if that meant a Battle Royal with the IOA.

Bytor
February 5th, 2008, 12:49 PM

They can always play this off as ...... IOA/ NID or whatever were threatening woolsey and he was being forced to make these arguements... Remember they tried to do this to hammond but hammond retired instead. Maybe woolsey had to put up with alot more BS and pressure than everyone saw..

maybe he was on our side and in a tight position all along

i hope :(

lol

GATEGOD
February 5th, 2008, 12:49 PM
I love the actor who plays Woolsey (Robert Picardo) So I like the change.

Mitchell82
February 5th, 2008, 12:52 PM
Nobody enters the SGC without the permission of the US military, therefore no one goes through the gate without the OK of the U.S. Air Force.

The Jack we knew and loved would NOT give the OK for Woolsey to go through the gate to take charge of Atlantis. Even if that meant a Battle Royal with the IOA.

Not his call though. The IOA runs the Atlantis expeition.

jenks
February 5th, 2008, 12:56 PM

And no SGC mission is approved until the IOA signs off on it.

Care for a wager?

s09119
February 5th, 2008, 01:05 PM

Not only that, but the Chinese could just threaten to expose the gate or something...

Mitchell82
February 5th, 2008, 01:15 PM
Not only that, but the Chinese could just threaten to expose the gate or something...

Or force the Russians to take the gate back.

vaberella
February 5th, 2008, 01:16 PM

Or force the Russians to take the gate back.

Don't we have this sort of problem in real life, minus a gate being the issue?! Just to make them back off we can always go back to old dependable McCarthyism.

starshineRoxie
February 5th, 2008, 01:26 PM

As funny and honest as this assessment probably is, I don't think Woolsey will be automatically horrible throughout the entire Season 5. I'm going to wait and see what happens. I just want someone to ask the writers why they picked Woolsey is all. What made them drawn to this decision?

poundpuppy29
February 5th, 2008, 01:34 PM
As funny and honest as this assessment probably is, I don't think Woolsey will be automatically horrible throughout the entire Season 5. I'm going to wait and see what happens. I just want someone to ask the writers why they picked Woolsey is all. What made them drawn to this decision?
Because they don't want to admit it was mistake to get rid of Weir because they don't like the Weir character.

jenks
February 5th, 2008, 01:35 PM
Because they don't want to admit it was mistake to get rid of Weir because they don't like the Weir character.

You honestly think that the writers think it was a mistake to get rid of her?

Noxchild
February 5th, 2008, 01:35 PM
As funny and honest as this assessment probably is,

Thank you! I tried my best. ;)

SP90
February 5th, 2008, 01:44 PM
Dude that is a super provocative title for a thread man. I actually thought O'Niell dies next season or RDA passed away in real life!!!! Well at least now they can forget about ZPMs and hook up Atlantis to him spinning in his grave. :)

Mitchell82
February 5th, 2008, 02:09 PM
Don't we have this sort of problem in real life, minus a gate being the issue?! Just to make them back off we can always go back to old dependable McCarthyism.

Unfortunately.

flameling
February 5th, 2008, 02:15 PM
Jack can't fight with the IOA, and doesn't the president normally go with the IOA. I don't think Jack had a say in it, I'd rather daniel Jackson, but Woosly is funny.

Dark lord me
February 5th, 2008, 02:18 PM
Well that would be a good episode where Jack goes to Atlantis and gets mad at Woolsey oh and you know what this means ..... We now need woolsey emotions ...*shivers*

Mitchell82
February 5th, 2008, 02:21 PM
Jack can't fight with the IOA, and doesn't the president normally go with the IOA. I don't think Jack had a say in it, I'd rather daniel Jackson, but Woosly is funny.

Exactly. I don't think he has a say at all.

atfan
February 5th, 2008, 02:33 PM
I think Jack wouldn't have much say and it is very possible since Carter would know of the IOA's plans that she decided Woosley would be a better choice than an unknown random IOA person. True Woolsey is not a military guy but he has to have some experience otherwise he couldn't be part of IOA we just don't know his exact background. Jack would trust Carter's judgement and Jack knows him as well so he may have thought he was the best choice given what was probably a you accept this or Atlantis is shut down senario just speculating but I hope they want to keep Carter in tact and that would do the least damage to her career-wise. An officer stepping down for personal reasons looks way worse than one who is replaced due to a policy change which is probably the way it will occur.
From Jack's perspective someone he at least knows and is aware of the unique nature of the SGC and Atlantis is much better than someone who is clueless and has their own agenda.

vaberella
February 5th, 2008, 02:41 PM

I was thinking the same thing. Jenks, why can't I give you green love?! :(

Noxchild
February 5th, 2008, 02:54 PM
Dude that is a super provocative title for a thread man. I actually thought O'Niell dies next season or RDA passed away in real life!!!! Well at least now they can forget about ZPMs and hook up Atlantis to him spinning in his grave. :)

Hope you recovered quickly from your shock. This thread is all in good fun. :)

And, by the way, it's "Dudette" ;)

Ripple in Space
February 5th, 2008, 02:55 PM
I honestly get the feeling that Jack, Sam, Hammond, Teal'c and Daniel all like Woolsey to some degree. He's one of the few honest, uncorrupted people outside of the core heroes and Major Davis. He's just somewhat incompetent and a coward. They all know that Woolsey always looks out for the best of the nation, even when he's wrong sometimes.

I mean McKay is the same way, he always tries to do good, but just makes mistakes, and somehow Carter, Jack & Hammond didn't pull strings to get Rodney kicked off of the Atlantis Expedition.

The original SG-1 team are the only ones that rarely make mistakes in judgment... even Jonas, Cam & Vala are more flawed than them (the entire Khalic death toll was due to Mitchell's stupidity).

And the Atlantis team has made major mistakes. I think Woolsey will fit in, and was a great call. I think S5 will be the first season ever to have a COMPLETELY strong cast, that is assuming Keller ISN'T starring.

flameling
February 5th, 2008, 03:02 PM
Well...atleast it isn't, Walter. Woosly will be funny watching, and now they can develop him alot more. And even hough Danil isn't the leader, he might be there. And woosly might need Daniel and carter from time to time. But still, Jack had little to no say.

Barbaro
February 5th, 2008, 03:05 PM
I think S5 will be the first season ever to have a COMPLETELY strong cast, that is assuming Keller ISN'T starring.

Sorry to dissapoint you, but I just read on JM's blog that Keller will be starring next season.

Jumper_One
February 5th, 2008, 03:06 PM
Does he even have a say in the matter?

nope

ok so maybe Woolsey doesn't get to Atlantis through the SG, we do have ships ;)

exactly!

because they couldn't get Caldwell?

I doubt it

jelgate
February 5th, 2008, 03:09 PM
Sorry to dissapoint you, but I just read on JM's blog that Keller will be starring next season.Don't see a problem

vaberella
February 5th, 2008, 03:13 PM
Don't see a problem

Neither do I...I only hope she doesn't follow in the way of Beckett.

PG15
February 5th, 2008, 04:49 PM
I was thinking the same thing. Jenks, why can't I give you green love?! :(

He's on moderation, unfortunately.

Noxchild
February 5th, 2008, 04:49 PM
General O'Neill did not say 'Yes, sir' when the IOA wanted to kill Daniel -- Jack actively prevented it.

At the end of The Return, who reinstated Weir as the commander of Atlantis? General Jack O'Neill.

I don't think it is consistent with what we've seen to say that Jack would blindly accept the commander chosen by the IOA.

ESPECIALLY if the IOA chooses a sniveling coward who asked stoopid questions during the crisis of The Return.

Jumper_One
February 5th, 2008, 04:56 PM
General O'Neill did not say 'Yes, sir' when the IOA wanted to kill Daniel -- Jack actively prevented it.

that's a little different. Daniel's his best friend, Woolsey on the other hand...

At the end of The Return, who reinstated Weir as the commander of Atlantis? General Jack O'Neill.

that wasn't just his decision though. but apparently he was sure to be able to support Weir and the Atlantis expedition

I don't think it is consistent with what we've seen to say that Jack would blindly accept the commander chosen by the IOA.

oh he most likely didn't believe it at first and immediately called the President. but it's still the IOA's decision ;)

ESPECIALLY if the IOA chooses a sniveling coward who asked stoopid questions during the crisis of The Return.

PG15
February 5th, 2008, 04:57 PM
Jack doesn't have to say "yes sir" to a civillian. Even though he tried to prevent it, no decision was actually made at the end since Danny broke out.

We saw Weir return and Jack talking to her about it. We can't assume that it was Jack's decision. If anything, the IOA agreed to let her return.

Jack is only one man. He won't be able to stop the IOA, who funds both the Stargate Program on Earth and the Atlantis Expedition, to choose a new commander for Atlantis.

Noxchild
February 5th, 2008, 06:21 PM
Jack is only one man.

WHAT??? Bite your tongue!

I have much more confidence in Jack than you do, clearly.

One phone call from General O'Neill to Walter and the gate will NOT be opened for Woolsey. Another call from General O'Neill to the gate of Cheyenne Mountain and Woolsey will not be admitted to the SGC.

And none of the airmen will be persuaded to disobey those orders from General O'Neill by Woolsey whining about decisions by the IOA.

That is, of course, if Jack is alive and in uniform somewhere off screen. If he's alive, I don't see how the IOA could impose a leader on Atlantis without General O'Neill's cooperation. And it seems implausible to me that Jack would cooperate with this decision.

Mitchell82
February 5th, 2008, 06:24 PM

One phone call from General O'Neill to Walter and the gate will NOT be opened for Woolsey. Another call from General O'Neill to the gate of Cheyenne Mountain and Woolsey will not be admitted to the SGC.

And none of the airmen will be persuaded to disobey those orders from General O'Neill by Woolsey whining about decisions by the IOA.

That is, of course, if Jack is alive and in uniform somewhere off screen. If he's alive, I don't see how the IOA could impose a leader on Atlantis without General O'Neill's cooperation. And it seems implausible to me that Jack would cooperate with this decision.
Sorry nope. He is head of Homeworld security. Not the SGC. Again the IOA funds the Atlantis expedition. Only one man can overrule them, and it's not Jack.

Mitchell82
February 5th, 2008, 06:26 PM
He's on moderation, unfortunately.

I thought you couldn't post if you were.

Jumper_One
February 5th, 2008, 06:27 PM

maybe. we still have ships though, Woolsey doesn't need the SGC ;)

That is, of course, if Jack is alive and in uniform somewhere off screen.

trust me, he is alive

If he's alive, I don't see how the IOA could impose a leader on Atlantis without General O'Neill's cooperation. And it seems implausible to me that Jack would cooperate with this decision.

oh no Jack won't like this decision (ok maybe he will since he'll get to see Sam a lot more :P) but it's not his call. he may be boss of HW Security but this is the IOA's decision

PG15
February 5th, 2008, 06:29 PM

Sorry.

Jack is just one AWESOME man. ;)

...And one call from Woolsey to the IOA will ensure the closure of the SGC and the end of the Atlantis Expedition. Do you have any idea how influential the IOA really is? I suggest you do some research on it.

I thought you couldn't post if you were.

I think this is the long-term kind where the poster makes posts, the mods look at it, and then release it (or not), not the choke-hold for those whose on moderation for only a day or so.

Otherwise, why is his rep scale gone?

Mitchell82
February 5th, 2008, 06:30 PM
[QUOTE=Noxchild;7681451]WHAT??? Bite your tongue!
[quote]

Sorry.

Jack is just one AWESOME man. ;)

...And one call from Woolsey to the IOA will ensure the closure of the SGC and the end of the Atlantis Expedition. Do you have any idea how influential the IOA really is? I suggest you do some research on it.

I think he's just upset that Jack didn't get the job.

Jumper_One
February 5th, 2008, 06:32 PM
[QUOTE=PG15;7681493][QUOTE=Noxchild;7681451]WHAT??? Bite your tongue!

I think he's just upset that Jack didn't get the job.

ah Jack would've been awesome :D btw I made this some time ago, mabye it'll help. hope it's correct :o
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee163/Jumper_One/SGhirarchy-2.jpg

this is for s4 of course ;)

Noxchild
February 5th, 2008, 06:33 PM

You're right! Good cake, and lots of it.

And we missed it. How sad.

Thanks, gange57, for going with the flow of this thread. ;)

Mitchell82
February 5th, 2008, 06:34 PM
[QUOTE=Mitchell82;7681502][QUOTE=PG15;7681493]

ah Jack would've been awesome :D btw I made this some time ago, mabye it'll help. hope it's correct :o
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee163/Jumper_One/SGhirarchy-2.jpg

this is for s4 of course ;)

Close enough.

Noxchild
February 6th, 2008, 09:36 AM
Thanks for the flowchart, Jumper_One. Now it is all clear.

Or....not.:)

General O'Neill can order the city of Atlantis destroyed with a nuke (with no input from the IOA -- see The Return) but cannot veto an incompetent choice for commander of Atlantis? Very implausible, and not consistent with what we've been shown.

Raven56
February 6th, 2008, 10:48 AM
General O'Neill can order the city of Atlantis destroyed with a nuke (with no input from the IOA -- see The Return) but cannot veto an incompetent choice for commander of Atlantis? Very implausible, and not consistent with what we've been shown.
I can see it:

The nuke in The Return was based on the idea that Atlantis was under foothold situation where Earth was directly endangered. That would put it under his authority as Homeworld Security head.

The choice of commander of Atlantis is strictly an IOA prerogative.

kymeric
February 6th, 2008, 11:27 AM
Atlantis is an IOA operation not the airforce. If the USAF tried to take over they would have a CRAPTON of problems and prolly start a war, lol. Im sure he has a huge influence (airforce has all the access too and from gate and ships), but hes not the exclusive boss. Money is also a huge consideration. Oneil might not get a say, or he might be ok with it.

Ltcolshepjumper
February 6th, 2008, 11:40 AM

Actually, Woolsey's authority supersedes Gen Oneill's. Oneill doesn't die. Woolsey was by far the best choice (given the possible candidates and need for Gen Oneill and Carter in the Milky Way). He has experience in working with the SGC and Atlantis base, and he has somewhat of a political background. Also, he is a member of the IOA.

silly sally
February 6th, 2008, 11:45 AM
Actually, Woolsey's authority supersedes Gen Oneill's. Oneill doesn't die. Woolsey was by far the best choice (given the possible candidates and need for Gen Oneill and Carter in the Milky Way). He has experience in working with the SGC and Atlantis base, and he has somewhat of a political background. Also, he is a member of the IOA.

No it doesn't. IOA as a whole supersedes Gen O'Neill. Is it possible they retire O'Neill, have Landry take his place and Sam has to come back to command SGC?

Jumper_One
February 6th, 2008, 11:52 AM
No it doesn't. IOA as a whole supersedes Gen O'Neill. Is it possible they retire O'Neill, have Landry take his place and Sam has to come back to command SGC?

it's possible but unlikely since Landry might appear in future movies. also TBTB need a reason to let Carter show up once in a while, the head of the SGC wouldn't necessarily do that

WereWraith06
February 6th, 2008, 12:18 PM
Out of all the members of the IOA, Woolsey has been the most helpful. I think this could be the making of him. And Jack isn't completely against Woolsey, remember in the end of the Return Pt2, he says something along the lines of: "See, Woolsey, you were useful". Thought i'll admit it wasn't much of a complement given the circumstances.

Aryk Celestis
February 6th, 2008, 12:26 PM
No offense, but talk about overdramatic.:rolleyes:

1) Woolsey might not be the best, but he's still one of the few non-SGC people that are honestly looking out for the best for their nation and the Stargate programme. Even now, I can't really disagree with what Woolsey did during the Khalek-issue and something good came out of it (anti-Prior device).
2) I also think it's important to have a non-military guy back in charge of Atlantis. It was never meant as another SGC operation anyway.
3) I agree that he can be a snivelling coward, but face it: he's a pencil pusher. But that's how things go sometimes. Though I don't think it's that wonderful, Woolsey in charge of Atlantis does give it a sense of realism. I'm sure the whole crew of Atlantis are going to be complaining about him, but from all the IOA people, I think he's the only one decent enough to take up the job.
4) As to your talk about O'Neill - the IOA is in charge of the SGC, not the other way around, and O'Neill is in charge of Homeworld Security. I guess he could make a call not to let Woolsey off the base, but it's Landry's decision about who does and doesn't step through the Stargate, not his.

Noxchild
February 6th, 2008, 01:14 PM
No offense, but talk about overdramatic.:rolleyes:

No offense, but talk about not getting the joke.:D

RepliVeggie
February 10th, 2008, 04:59 PM
You guys are forgetting about Hammond. Who knows what he does. As when Oniell took over Homeworld Security, Hammond said the President had plans for him.

Maybe Hammond works as a Liason with the IOA someone high up and he convinced Jack.

Within the US Govt it likely goes

President
Hammond
Oniell
(Maybe Chief of Staff of the USAF)
Landry
Carter

jelgate
February 10th, 2008, 05:04 PM
You guys are forgetting about Hammond. Who knows what he does. As when Oniell took over Homeworld Security, Hammond said the President had plans for him.

Maybe Hammond works as a Liason with the IOA someone high up and he convinced Jack.

Within the US Govt it likely goes

President
Hammond
Oniell
(Maybe Chief of Staff of the USAF)
Landry
Carter
Sorry that is wrong
Hammond retired when O'Neil was put in charge in Homeworld security. Carter also said that Hammnd was retired in the Road Not Taken

SG13-NightOps
February 10th, 2008, 05:30 PM
Maybe he retired... or was tired..

Mitchell82
February 10th, 2008, 06:13 PM
I can see it:

The nuke in The Return was based on the idea that Atlantis was under foothold situation where Earth was directly endangered. That would put it under his authority as Homeworld Security head.

The choice of commander of Atlantis is strictly an IOA prerogative.

Exactly. The decision in Return was made by O'neill because it was considered a foothold situation which yeah is his jurisdiction. The appointment of Woolsey is the IOA's call not his.

Mitchell82
February 10th, 2008, 06:15 PM
Out of all the members of the IOA, Woolsey has been the most helpful. I think this could be the making of him. And Jack isn't completely against Woolsey, remember in the end of the Return Pt2, he says something along the lines of: "See, Woolsey, you were useful". Thought i'll admit it wasn't much of a complement given the circumstances.

Very true. Though annoying he has always had our back and been a true ally. Good examples are The Return, Missbegotten, The Scourge and The Seer.

atfan
February 10th, 2008, 09:48 PM
Sorry that is wrong
Hammond retired when O'Neil was put in charge in Homeworld security. Carter also said that Hammnd was retired in the Road Not Taken

Definitely true. The actor had some health problems and was unable to keep acting full time. Don Davis:)

Amalthea
February 10th, 2008, 10:11 PM
Maybe Woolsey grew on Jack? He does have a tendency to eventually change his mind about people.

Detox
February 10th, 2008, 10:17 PM
I never thought O'Neil really hated Woolsey. Did their interactions during The Return indicate any hate?

atfan
February 11th, 2008, 06:56 AM
I never thought O'Neil really hated Woolsey. Did their interactions during The Return indicate any hate?

I didn't get that feeling either and if Jack doesn't like you he doesn't hide it.

Jumper_One
February 11th, 2008, 10:33 AM

no Jack doesn't hate Woolsey, he just doesn't like politicians and bureaucrats ;)

silly sally
February 11th, 2008, 10:41 AM
no Jack doesn't hate Woolsey, he just doesn't like politicians and bureaucrats ;)

Yeah that's why he took the job in D.C. I'm sorry but I feel this move was really out of character for Jack. :(

Jumper_One
February 11th, 2008, 10:48 AM
Yeah that's why he took the job in D.C. I'm sorry but I feel this move was really out of character for Jack. :(

it depends. he'd been promoted, why wouldn't he take the job? maybe he still wanted to be part of the SG program, even if it means having a deskjob in DC. on the other hand there's always the S/J shipper explanation, he took the job to finally get together with Sam since she wouldn't be in his CoC. in any case it was a decision by TBTB to make sure that RDA could return

silly sally
February 11th, 2008, 10:51 AM
it depends. he'd been promoted, why wouldn't he take the job? maybe he still wanted to be part of the SG program, even if it means having a deskjob in DC. on the other hand there's always the S/J shipper explanation, he took the job to finally get together with Sam since she wouldn't be in his CoC. in any case it was a decision by TBTB to make sure that RDA could return

After the episode where Sam's father died, his girlfriend suggested that he retire and lead SGc as a civilian. I never understood why he simply left Sam and went to Washington :confused:

jenks
February 11th, 2008, 11:00 AM
After the episode where Sam's father died, his girlfriend suggested that he retire and lead SGc as a civilian. I never understood why he simply left Sam and went to Washington :confused:

Maybe the S/J ship is overrated.

Jumper_One
February 11th, 2008, 11:00 AM

simply because RDA didn't want to be a regular in s9. that's why TBTB made him replace Hammond in DC. as for leaving Sam and his friends at the SGC, that's a matter of opinion. imo Jack didn't abandon her, there've been too many hints during s9, 10 and SGA s4 which lead me to believe they are together. anything else doesn't make sense. just my opinion of course

Mitchell82
February 11th, 2008, 11:10 AM
simply because RDA didn't want to be a regular in s9. that's why TBTB made him replace Hammond in DC. as for leaving Sam and his friends at the SGC, that's a matter of opinion. imo Jack didn't abandon her, there've been too many hints during s9, 10 and SGA s4 which lead me to believe they are together. anything else doesn't make sense. just my opinion of course

One reason he left is so now he isn't her immediate superior so now their relationship isn't forbidden. Also RDA wanted to be closer to his family.

silly sally
February 11th, 2008, 11:10 AM
Maybe the S/J ship is overrated.

Iu'm mildly sympathetic about the ship, but I never thought it's overrated or handled poorly by the writers although they got awfully close when they introduced the poorly written Sam's boyfriend.

Jumper_One
February 11th, 2008, 11:11 AM
One reason he left is so now he isn't her immediate superior so now their relationship isn't forbidden. Also RDA wanted to be closer to his family.

right that's what I meant

silly sally
February 11th, 2008, 11:11 AM

Oh, so Rick wnated to leave? thnaks. How do you multi-quote?

jenks
February 11th, 2008, 11:12 AM
Iu'm mildly sympathetic about the ship, but I never thought it's overrated or handled poorly by the writers although they got awfully close when they introduced the poorly written Sam's boyfriend.

What I meant was, maybe their feelings for each other aren't as strong as some fans like to think.

Jumper_One
February 11th, 2008, 11:13 AM

thus she dumped him ;) :P

yes RDA wanted to leave. actually s8 was supposed to be the last season, that's probably why they were fishing. some kind of resolution...
to multiquote just click on the icon next to the 'QUOTE' button

Mitchell82
February 11th, 2008, 11:14 AM

I have no idea how to multi quote but yeah he did. His family lived in LA and he had to live in Vancouver in order to film the show.