This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now every character's first name starts with an 'R'

There's Rodney McKay, Ronon Dex, and Richard Woosley. Only John and Teyla's names don't start with R's. Kinda monotonous.

Perfecto!

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
    There's Rodney McKay, Ronon Dex, and Richard Woosley. Only John and Teyla's names don't start with R's. Kinda monotonous.
    I got that too...plus I wasn't too found on of the names in general. Like the Earth names are all sort of "wonder bread" classic while the Aliens tend to have more "raisin bread" sort of names...if you get where I'm going with it. The aliens have names that aren't so usual.

Maybe it's the fact that I don't have a "normal" name so I'm a bit 'bleh' with the names I hear. Why Jennifer Keller and not Pearl or something?

No one calls their kids Pearl any more. Or my fave name...Carmen? No one is called Carmen.

I met this hot guy last week, his name was Eden...sexy, no?! All I could say was, "I have found paradise and he's sitting next to me." Cliched and silly but he loved it.

Anyway, I to am not keen on the names, not very fun...
    Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
      You forgot Radek Zelenka, and, to be technical, McKay's FIRST name is Meredith.

I'm just saying....

And never fear. I'm sure more than one person will refer to Woolsey as Dick.
      sigpic
      Sig by Luciana
      My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffles View Post

I'm just saying....

sigpic
        The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella View Post
          I got that too...plus I wasn't too found on of the names in general. Like the Earth names are all sort of "wonder bread" classic while the Aliens tend to have more "raisin bread" sort of names...if you get where I'm going with it. The aliens have names that aren't so usual.

Maybe it's the fact that I don't have a "normal" name so I'm a bit 'bleh' with the names I hear. Why Jennifer Keller and not Pearl or something?

No one calls their kids Pearl any more. Or my fave name...Carmen? No one is called Carmen.

I met this hot guy last week, his name was Eden...sexy, no?! All I could say was, "I have found paradise and he's sitting next to me." Cliched and silly but he loved it.

Anyway, I to am not keen on the names, not very fun...
          Now you want equal name representation as well? How 'bout Shaniqua?

Just kidding, just kidding, please don't kill me! Purty please?
          And I kinda like that line, even if it is cliched...*snort*

But, yeah, John...Elizabeth..Ugh...Rodney's cool, especially with Meredith...

Comment

A "J" is better than "R": Jack, Jackson, John, Jacob, Jonas, Janet, Jennifer, Jaffa, Joe ...

Sorry, I had to edit it.
            Last edited by Platschu; 05 February 2008, 12:05 PM.
            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
              A "J" is better than "R": Jack, Jackson, John, Jacob, Jonas, Janet, Jaffa, Joe ...
              You know, I always wanted a Stargate character named Jango. They've made a lot of SW homages...That would have been extra cool!

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
                Now you want equal name representation as well? How 'bout Shaniqua?

Just kidding, just kidding, please don't kill me! Purty please?
                And I kinda like that line, even if it is cliched...*snort*

But, yeah, John...Elizabeth..Ugh...Rodney's cool, especially with Meredith...
                OMG...You did not go there...

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella View Post
                  OMG...You did not go there...
                  I DID say I was kidding! Right? There's witnesses! People know who I am, they'll come looking for me! I've made arrangements. If anything happpens to me...

Comment

Maybe he will be the new Dick Tracy.
                    http://youtube.com/watch?v=9zOKIe4rlNU

Quote from the lyric (04:15):

Dick, that's an interesting name.

"I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                      Maybe he will be the new Dick Tracy.
                      http://youtube.com/watch?v=9zOKIe4rlNU

Quote from the lyric (04:15):

You can't just be Dick Tracy by having the name "Dick"...

There was more to him than that.

You also need the yellow trench and matching fedora.

Comment

Teal'c wore similar clothes in 200.

Comment

I cant believe you actually started this thread.
                          188020[/U][/B][/CENTER]

Comment

Maybe their names are different because they are from another planet, even if the language is the same, the culture isn't and the names wouldn't be the same. Maybe Ronon is a regular name. Though, Elizabeth, John, Richard and Jennifer are in the top 20 common names...

Comment

I'm just saying....

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X