PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else?

True!Ancient
February 5th, 2008, 08:32 AM
Does anyone else think there wont be a season 6? i mean woolsey....come on caldwell would make a way better leader and the latest episodes have been well..crap compared to season 1-2 against the wraith all dark and mysterious.

They should never of replaced wier as the leader from the start and you can tell they are getting despirate with all the high profile sg-1 guest stars

Pharaoh Atem
February 5th, 2008, 08:33 AM
Does anyone else think there wont be a season 6? i mean woolsey....come on caldwell would make a way better leader and the latest episodes have been well..crap compared to season 1-2 against the wraith all dark and mysterious.

They should never of replaced wier as the leader from the start and you can tell they are getting despirate with all the high profile sg-1 guest stars

to early to be worried about it .. and

dont' judge woolsey untill you see him season 5 (to everyone )

Jumper_One
February 5th, 2008, 08:35 AM
s6 will depend on the ratings for the back half of s4 (which is doing pretty good) and maybe the first two or three eps of s5 ;)

high profile SG-1 stars??? hm let's see, there's Carter. oh and Teal'c in s4 and probably Daniel in s5 as guest stars in 1 or 2 eps

I second this! he wasn't my first choice but I'm looking forward to his character in s5 :)

vaberella
I'm not sure.

Much like S5, it's a toss up. I can't argue for or against. I'd hope there would be an S6, as I hoped for an S5 and that's the best I could do. Let's hope, Skiffy's TPTB thinks it's a good enough to show to keep around.

Jill_Ion
I think there'll be a Season 6. If it's picked up by SciFi.

ToasterOnFire
February 5th, 2008, 08:36 AM
It will all come down to ratings and whether or not the numbers are acceptable to skiffy because they don't have anything better to show, much like last season. :)

True!Ancient
February 5th, 2008, 08:36 AM

How can you not judge him when you see him in action hes like watchin senitor kinsey selfish and looking out for number 1

Pharaoh Atem
February 5th, 2008, 08:37 AM
How can you not judge him when you see him in action hes like watchin senitor kinsey selfish and looking out for number 1

things might be different in season 5 :)

True!Ancient
February 5th, 2008, 08:39 AM

True...he did help wier out a wile back.

vaberella
February 5th, 2008, 08:42 AM
True...he did help wier out a wile back.

Yeah...I thought he had a crush on her. :S

Fenrir Foxz
February 5th, 2008, 08:43 AM

Well said! :D

IMO S6 is too far away to worry about right now... And I don't think Woolsey will have such a bad effect that the show would be canceled just because he is put in command...

I expect they will be... :) *IMO not in a bad way aswell ;)*

Jumper_One
February 5th, 2008, 08:44 AM

IMO S6 is too far away to worry about right now... And I don't think Woolsey will have such a bad effect that the show would be canceled just because he is put in command...

exactly! even so Woolsey might not even appear much in the first eps of s6

Pharaoh Atem
February 5th, 2008, 08:46 AM

I expect they will be... :) *IMO not in a bad way aswell ;)*

i don't think production has started yet :) so far to early to to be concern about it

Fenrir Foxz
February 5th, 2008, 09:18 AM
i don't think production has started yet :) so far to early to to be concern about it

I agree :)

True!Ancient
February 5th, 2008, 01:07 PM
Major problem with him been leader still, sheppard wont listen to him after all the stress he put him though

starshineRoxie
February 5th, 2008, 01:13 PM

I just don't see how being an off-world Commander is actually in character for Woolsey, of all people. He's definitely even more of a bureaucrat than Elizabeth Weir was. I don't understand why the SGA writers didn't choose someone like Caldwell. Maybe they think a change will spice up the show for the better? As far as season 6 is concerned, I think it is just too early to tell whether or not there will be one. They haven't started shooting 5 yet. Anything could happen before we get to another season. One step at a time. ;)

Mitchell82
February 5th, 2008, 01:13 PM
s6 will depend on the ratings for the back half of s4 (which is doing pretty good) and maybe the first two or three eps of s5 ;)

high profile SG-1 stars??? hm let's see, there's Carter. oh and Teal'c in s4 and probably Daniel in s5 as guest stars in 1 or 2 eps

I second this! he wasn't my first choice but I'm looking forward to his character in s5 :)
Agreed.

Flyboy
February 5th, 2008, 01:15 PM
RIGHT!

I am FED UP of this.

Do you KNOW what Woolsey will be like in Command? Have you considered that MAYBE TPTB wrote him into this role because it will be interested to see how someone is ISN'T an ideal leader handles the job? Has ANYONE considered that MAYBE TPTB have THEIR story to tell and want to make it interesting instead of going for the obvious.

I welcome this decision because it seems to piss fans off, thus, making it original, and certainly not fan service.

Would ANYONE want the end of a book to be rewritten based on what they want whilst they're reading it? No. So STOP getting upset when the Writers do THEIR thing and not your thing.

starshineRoxie
February 5th, 2008, 01:21 PM
RIGHT!

I am FED UP of this.

Do you KNOW what Woolsey will be like in Command? Have you considered that MAYBE TPTB wrote him into this role because it will be interested to see how someone is ISN'T an ideal leader handles the job? Has ANYONE considered that MAYBE TPTB have THEIR story to tell and want to make it interesting instead of going for the obvious.

I welcome this decision because it seems to piss fans off, thus, making it original, and certainly not fan service.

Would ANYONE want the end of a book to be rewritten based on what they want whilst they're reading it? No. So STOP getting upset when the Writers do THEIR thing and not your thing.

Elizabeth Weir already went through a learning experience while on the job type of deal during Season 7 of SG1 and Season 1 of SGA. And I didn't say I was against the writers, I just wanted to understand why they chose Woolsey, not shoot them down for it. ;)

Wormhole
February 5th, 2008, 01:23 PM
I remember JM mentioning once in his blog; that whatever happens to Atlantis here on end, they won’t leave us hanging. Movies, like what’s been done with SG-1 will be made, either to finish storylines or continue them.

vaberella
February 5th, 2008, 01:29 PM
Elizabeth Weir already went through a learning experience while on the job type of deal during Season 1 of SGA. And I didn't say I was against the writers, I just wanted to understand why they chose Woolsey, not shoot them down for it. ;)

Please...if the idiots (being generous because for all intents and purposes the majority are idiots) in the Ex really learned from their mistakes then we wouldn't be ending up in the same misadventures almost every ep of every season. Not to be funny and I will say each ep has their own unique elements, but let's be serious here?! You can match up each episode to a previous episode in another season.

The reason we watch is because we basically want to see how they DIDN'T learn from experience. They've got more enemies, no friends, and they all have contributed to stupidity some more so than others. :S They ignore their own teammates warnings, they piss off more people than play nice. Each go on their own reckless adventure bringing others into the danger...on and on it goes.

This is a cycle. There is no learned character. They've all proven otherwise. It all comes down to preference and which one's mistakes or other characteristics you prefer.

RIGHT!

I am FED UP of this.

For the comment in bold, I thought Weir was it. For the second, you have a point...but to be fair it seemed the obvious was between Caldwell and Woolsey.

The unlikely and less obvious would have been Jack O'Neill himself taking the helm.

Flyboy
February 5th, 2008, 01:34 PM
Elizabeth Weir already went through a learning experience while on the job type of deal during Season 7 of SG1 and Season 1 of SGA. And I didn't say I was against the writers, I just wanted to understand why they chose Woolsey, not shoot them down for it. ;)
Weir and Woolsey are very different.

Weir is the traditional reluctant leader but believes in honour and integrity and leaving no man behind, she may have started out as a mere diplomat, but she VERY quickly became more.

Woolsey is different. He's a pessimist. He sees the whole, and is willing to make tough decisions, much like the one Jack had to make in Unnatural Selection to ensure the safety of Earth, unfortunatly, that's often the wrong decision. I'm interested to see what happens.

starshineRoxie
February 5th, 2008, 01:36 PM
Please...if the idiots (being generous because for all intents and purposes the majority are idiots) in the Ex really learned from their mistakes then we wouldn't be ending up in the same misadventures almost every ep of every season. Not to be funny and I will say each ep has their own unique elements, but let's be serious here?! You can match up each episode to a previous episode in another season.

The reason we watch is because we basically want to see how they DIDN'T learn from experience. They've got more enemies, no friends, and they all have contributed to stupidity some more so than others. :S They ignore their own teammates warnings, they piss off more people than play nice. Each go on their own reckless adventure bringing others into the danger...on and on it goes.

This is a cycle. There is no learned character. They've all proven otherwise. It all comes down to preference and which one's mistakes or other characteristics you prefer.

I edited my above post actually. I realized that most of Elizabeth's learning experience actually came from Season 7 of SG1 when she took on the role as leader for the first time. SGA was after she had already learned a few things. :)

Sheppard is reckless. True, you have a point there. That's why so many love him. Jack O'Neill was the same way on SG1. Because sometimes instinct and real experience matter more than cold hard logic. ;)

nx01a
February 5th, 2008, 01:46 PM
It will all come down to ratings and whether or not the numbers are acceptable to skiffy because they don't have anything better to show, much like last season. :)

I mean, Flash Gordon? And these abysmal movies of the week? Come on.:S

I hope for another season, but I'll continue to enjoy the one ongoing and look forward to the one to come first. If the show's quality drops significantly, bye bye. Besides, what other cool space battles tv show is left? I needs my ship 'splosions!

True!Ancient
February 5th, 2008, 02:10 PM
RIGHT!

I am FED UP of this.

So in other words u want atlantis to end...changing cast from what people love to what people dont want screws things up

Flyboy
February 5th, 2008, 02:29 PM
Oh come on. Stop being so melodramatic. REALLY.

There were five main characters to begin with, three are still going strong. Only Weir and Ford didn't stick around, and

Beckett is coming back

So hey, what on earth is the problem?

I LIKE Atlantis. What I hate is the suggestion that SGA is made specifically to cater for the fans' kinks and pleasures. This is an interesting and bold move and reminds me of the days when we were ACTUALLY interested in how the story would unravel instead of ALWAYS knowing that we'd have the same cosey situation each week. Yeesh, Atlantis ending because of cast changes. An unfounded accusation and assumption.

I have to wonder if any of these people who complain read books at all or just want a comfort zone. Sometimes the most amazing ending to a book is that which you would never have wanted. One which angers you, or makes you cry out that it's unfair, but all the while, moved you. TV series are just books continually being written.

True!Ancient
February 5th, 2008, 02:59 PM
Woolsey has been a tool throughout sg-1 and atlantis the only way he will change is if he finaly gets laid

vaberella
February 5th, 2008, 03:09 PM
Woolsey has been a tool throughout sg-1 and atlantis the only way he will change is if he finaly gets laid

There are plenty of Wraith Queen's around...or he could get in touch with Lucius for that herb and get himself some women that way.

Jackie
February 5th, 2008, 03:17 PM
Weir and Woolsey are very different.

Weir is the traditional reluctant leader but believes in honour and integrity and leaving no man behind, she may have started out as a mere diplomat, but she VERY quickly became more.

Woolsey is different. He's a pessimist. He sees the whole, and is willing to make tough decisions, much like the one Jack had to make in Unnatural Selection to ensure the safety of Earth, unfortunatly, that's often the wrong decision. I'm interested to see what happens.

This is what ther next season will be like:

Woosley makes bad decision and screws everything up. Rodney complains while he helpes Sheppard fix it.

no new formula, just another face on the hot seat.

reason why they placed woosely in the position...RP was available for the job and they wanted to add him full time.

The show has truly gone cliché and far from original.

True!Ancient
February 5th, 2008, 03:27 PM
There are plenty of Wraith Queen's around...or he could get in touch with Lucius for that herb and get himself some women that way.

Lol i dont know how id react to that either puke or cry laughing

PG15
February 5th, 2008, 04:24 PM
RIGHT!

I am FED UP of this.

You have no idea how awesome you are right now.

Seriously, no idea. The idea? You don't know it. Yes.

Anyways...and I'm gonna use this forever now: If you think Woolsey was bad, how did you feel about Rodney when he first appeared? Think about it.

The same thing could be said about Rodney pre-Atlantis.

This is what ther next season will be like:

Woosley makes bad decision and screws everything up. Rodney complains while he helpes Sheppard fix it.

no new formula, just another face on the hot seat.

reason why they placed woosely in the position...RP was available for the job and they wanted to add him full time.

The show has truly gone cliché and far from original.

No, see, what is truly cliche and far from original is the scenerio that you've came up with in your own head.

ToasterOnFire
February 5th, 2008, 05:14 PM
Anyways...and I'm gonna use this forever now: If you think Woolsey was bad, how did you feel about Rodney when he first appeared? Think about it.
Everyone has been using this comparison since the announcement was made today. But here's the difference - even when Rodney was introduced as a jerk he was interesting and sweet and snarky enough for me to want to learn more about him. I don't find Woolsey interesting. I don't find Woolsey sweet. I don't find Woolsey funny. So the comparison fails with me, and I'm willing to bet it fails for others too.

the fifth man
February 5th, 2008, 05:21 PM
Everyone has been using this comparison since the announcement was made today. But here's the difference - even when Rodney was introduced as a jerk he was interesting and sweet and snarky enough for me to want to learn more about him. I don't find Woolsey interesting. I don't find Woolsey sweet. I don't find Woolsey funny. So the comparison fails with me, and I'm willing to bet it fails for others too.

On a few occasions, I've actually really liked Woolsey. So, I'm willing to at least give this a chance. See where TPTB take it.

ToasterOnFire
February 5th, 2008, 05:44 PM
On a few occasions, I've actually really liked Woolsey. So, I'm willing to at least give this a chance. See where TPTB take it.
Yeah, it's going to vary from fan to fan and that's okay! I think what fans think of Woolsey as leader boils down to 1) how much they like/are interested in Woolsey and 2) how much they trust TPTB to pull it off. I don't and...I don't, so it's pretty clear where I stand. :D

PG15
February 5th, 2008, 05:47 PM

Of course it won't work universally. Nothing does in fandom. ;)

But I'm willing to bet it'll work most of the time, based on no evidence other than my gut.

ciannwn
February 6th, 2008, 01:27 AM
So in other words u want atlantis to end...changing cast from what people love to what people dont want screws things up

Which people are you talking about here? When my husband learned who Carter's replacement is he was really pleased because he's always wanted to see Woolsey put in charge of the expedition. Much as I like Carter as a character, I'd have preferred it if Woolsey had been put in charge for Season 4. This means that there are definitely two SGA viewers who approve of the new arrangement.

stclare
February 6th, 2008, 01:58 AM

If the viewing stats are good enough then yes i think there will be a season 6. do i prefer Atlantis of the pre cast shuffle, that's a big fat hairy Yes.

I have seen some good arguments for and against The Woolster, but I remain unconvinced as to why he is the best choice for season 5. although I do not watch SG1 so cannot comment on his interactions there. i can only base my opinion on his few times on Atlantis - he did nothing for me, at all.

To be honest I dont think that TPTB give a flying hoot what the fans think, and to a certain extent thats the right way to be. they know they will please one group or another with what they do. they just have to hope that the groups they make happy are large enough to keep Atlantis high up in ratings.

ive had 3 good years and 1 pretty dire one. season 5 will not be a priority to me, as i live in the UK i dont affect ratings anyway.

esp as keller will be a regular next season, we had this with carson i dont see why there is a need to bump up her status shes had more than enough development this season to increase on that would not be good for me personaly. sp just in case!

doylefan22
February 6th, 2008, 02:05 AM
I think the matter of a S6 will rely on ratings and money - if it keeps decent ratings (in comparison to what else they have) and doesn't cost them too much (certainly won't be as expensive as SG-1 yet) then they'll probably get a sixth season.

One thing a lot of people haven't considered is that RP may actually bring in his own fans too, curious to what he's doing on the show.

I'm always willing to wait and see with these things - I may not like the final result but I never write a show/season/episode off until I've actually seen it. To me it seems silly to do otherwise.

stclare
February 6th, 2008, 02:14 AM
I think the matter of a S6 will rely on ratings and money - if it keeps decent ratings (in comparison to what else they have) and doesn't cost them too much (certainly won't be as expensive as SG-1 yet) then they'll probably get a sixth season.

One thing a lot of people haven't considered is that RP may actually bring in his own fans too, curious to what he's doing on the show.

I'm always willing to wait and see with these things - I may not like the final result but I never write a show/season/episode off until I've actually seen it. To me it seems silly to do otherwise.

Maybe it is silly to you. for me if there are a lot of things i see happenin that i as a fan cant get past, watching it can sully what i liked about it before hand. emotions are very strange things. i kicked x-files to the kirb when it went in the direction i didnt like. do i regret not watching the last 2/3 seasons, no not really im content in my ignorence :)

Flyboy
February 6th, 2008, 03:04 AM
If the viewing stats are good enough then yes i think there will be a season 6. do i prefer Atlantis of the pre cast shuffle, that's a big fat hairy Yes.

I have seen some good arguments for and against The Woolster, but I remain unconvinced as to why he is the best choice for season 5. although I do not watch SG1 so cannot comment on his interactions there. i can only base my opinion on his few times on Atlantis - he did nothing for me, at all.

To be honest I dont think that TPTB give a flying hoot what the fans think, and to a certain extent thats the right way to be. they know they will please one group or another with what they do. they just have to hope that the groups they make happy are large enough to keep Atlantis high up in ratings.

ive had 3 good years and 1 pretty dire one. season 5 will not be a priority to me, as i live in the UK i dont affect ratings anyway.

esp as keller will be a regular next season, we had this with carson i dont see why there is a need to bump up her status shes had more than enough development this season to increase on that would not be good for me personaly. sp just in case!
The way I see it, he's the best choice because he's an awful choice. As it stands right now, the IOA is getting extremely problematic, from what I hear of The Ark of Truth there MAY be some involvement in that as well... but even in regular SG1 and SGA eps, the IOA are a pain. They want control of Atlantis, we KNOW they do, it's a natural plot progression for them to finally get their way and get one of their men in charge of it. But thing is, we KNOW Woolsey, in The Scourge, he demonstrated to me that he WASN'T a tool, and I liked him in "The Return" and thought his decision to leave certain factors out of his report in "The Seer" was brave of him.

I think bringing Woolsey in will create new drama and tension in the IOA arc and take the show in a direction that was unexpected.

flubber
February 6th, 2008, 03:16 AM

I have to disagree with the view that Woolsey is like Kinsey. He was selfish and looking out for number one and in the end we found out that he had a ga'ould in him. If anything Woolsey is a little out his depth but is a nice guy. After all he could have dropped Elizabeth in it!!

I dont see why he shouldn't be leader after all when we first meet Elizabeth, (ie the actress before Torri, who's name escapes me), she looked completely out of her depth. As for John not taking orders from him, well he didnt always do that for Elizabeth and could you really see him taking orders from Caldwell?

I have no doubt that what I am about to say will get me in the 'I hate you lots' catergory but I really dont have a broblem with Weir going. She really ended up being used to push the plot along. The character had a few, and I'm sure sombody will tell my how many, episodes where she was a main character. But other than that I think she was underused. As long as they dont push Woolsey in our faces I dont have a problem with it.

I have to admit that I am a RP fan too but for me that is not the issue.

I will watch and see. I dont think that the qualtiy has gone down nor do I object to the fact that they are having SG1 charachters in SGA. If it wasnt for that series there wouldn't be an SGA. As long as the stories are good then I am willing to see what happens. After all the SGC and Atlantis are linked by a rather large gatebridge so why shouldnt they pop up!!!!!! After all the inference it that the SGC is still there even if SG1 has finished.

This program like every other sci-fi program has suffered from the people who watch it and end up having a like for a particular character or set of characters. This causes problems when things happen to the character/s that they dont like. I view it as an ensemble piece and like any other show, characters come and go. I suppose the same can be said of viewers. I only hope that there are enough of us out there who will keep watching to keep the series going for another season. We will have to wait and see.

I hope that I have not offended anyone by the views I have expressed. If I have then I apologies. This was not my intention.

stclare
February 6th, 2008, 04:36 AM
I have to disagree with the view that Woolsey is like Kinsey. He was selfish and looking out for number one and in the end we found out that he had a ga'ould in him. If anything Woolsey is a little out his depth but is a nice guy. After all he could have dropped Elizabeth in it!!

I dont see why he shouldn't be leader after all when we first meet Elizabeth, (ie the actress before Torri, who's name escapes me), she looked completely out of her depth. As for John not taking orders from him, well he didnt always do that for Elizabeth and could you really see him taking orders from Caldwell?

I have no doubt that what I am about to say will get me in the 'I hate you lots' catergory but I really dont have a broblem with Weir going. She really ended up being used to push the plot along. The character had a few, and I'm sure sombody will tell my how many, episodes where she was a main character. But other than that I think she was underused. As long as they dont push Woolsey in our faces I dont have a problem with it.

I have to admit that I am a RP fan too but for me that is not the issue.

I will watch and see. I dont think that the qualtiy has gone down nor do I object to the fact that they are having SG1 charachters in SGA. If it wasnt for that series there wouldn't be an SGA. As long as the stories are good then I am willing to see what happens. After all the SGC and Atlantis are linked by a rather large gatebridge so why shouldnt they pop up!!!!!! After all the inference it that the SGC is still there even if SG1 has finished.

This program like every other sci-fi program has suffered from the people who watch it and end up having a like for a particular character or set of characters. This causes problems when things happen to the character/s that they dont like. I view it as an ensemble piece and like any other show, characters come and go. I suppose the same can be said of viewers. I only hope that there are enough of us out there who will keep watching to keep the series going for another season. We will have to wait and see.

I hope that I have not offended anyone by the views I have expressed. If I have then I apologies. This was not my intention.

Not offended at all :)

for me a 1or2 ep crossover would have been ok. but i dislike sg1 immensley seeing more and more crossovers/permanant replacements really dented my viewing pleasure. seeing that it is continuing in season 5 has only strengthed my unhappiness with the way this show is going.

doylefan22
February 6th, 2008, 04:56 AM
Maybe it is silly to you. for me if there are a lot of things i see happenin that i as a fan cant get past, watching it can sully what i liked about it before hand. emotions are very strange things. i kicked x-files to the kirb when it went in the direction i didnt like. do i regret not watching the last 2/3 seasons, no not really im content in my ignorence :)

I did the same with the XFiles - not because I didn't like the changes as such but because I think it disappeared too far up its own backside and became too convoluted so as to make trying to follow it a chore rather than enjoyable...

Personally, watching a 'bad' season of something wouldn't ruin what had come before to me - I, for example, didn't like the later series of Sliders and having given it a chance eventually stopped watching. Never stopped me enjoying the good series at the start though :)

My personal view is that I'll give it a chance and reserve my overall judgement until I see what happens. I really didn't like the idea of Carter or Keller much at all (and was a big fan of Weir and Beckett) but watched this series anyway. Carter I've liked, Keller I haven't and overall I've enjoyed the series. I just couldn't suddenly stop watching something because I didn't think I'd like the direction that the show was going in or didn't agree with the changes - I'd be too curious about what actually happened! :) I only stop watching when I don't like what I'm seeing on the screen every week.

KurganSGC
February 6th, 2008, 05:44 AM
The way I see it, he's the best choice because he's an awful choice. As it stands right now, the IOA is getting extremely problematic, from what I hear of The Ark of Truth there MAY be some involvement in that as well... but even in regular SG1 and SGA eps, the IOA are a pain. They want control of Atlantis, we KNOW they do, it's a natural plot progression for them to finally get their way and get one of their men in charge of it. But thing is, we KNOW Woolsey, in The Scourge, he demonstrated to me that he WASN'T a tool, and I liked him in "The Return" and thought his decision to leave certain factors out of his report in "The Seer" was brave of him.

I think bringing Woolsey in will create new drama and tension in the IOA arc and take the show in a direction that was unexpected.

Exactly.

And the first time Woolsey directly disobeys the IOA for the good of the expedition, the haters will be cheering along with the rest of us.

Try to look at the big picture. Placing Woolsey in this position is the last thing many people would expect or want (in the SGA universe) and it's going to make for GREAT story telling.

Peace, love and understanding make for very boring tales. Tension, distrust and animosity? Now THAT'S where it's at.

stclare
February 6th, 2008, 09:32 AM
spolied for size

I did the same with the XFiles - not because I didn't like the changes as such but because I think it disappeared too far up its own backside and became too convoluted so as to make trying to follow it a chore rather than enjoyable...

Personally, watching a 'bad' season of something wouldn't ruin what had come before to me - I, for example, didn't like the later series of Sliders and having given it a chance eventually stopped watching. Never stopped me enjoying the good series at the start though :)

My personal view is that I'll give it a chance and reserve my overall judgement until I see what happens. I really didn't like the idea of Carter or Keller much at all (and was a big fan of Weir and Beckett) but watched this series anyway. Carter I've liked, Keller I haven't and overall I've enjoyed the series. I just couldn't suddenly stop watching something because I didn't think I'd like the direction that the show was going in or didn't agree with the changes - I'd be too curious about what actually happened! :) I only stop watching when I don't like what I'm seeing on the screen every week.

im afraid though that by the half way mark of this season i had stopped the rush to pay for downloads at all and have caught the odd ep on the tv, out of order and was totaly not bothered.

ill still hang out at my fave threads and discuss the odd ep i see, but the show no longer works for me the way it once did.

The Woolster is definatley not the pull i needed to regain interest. i hope though that i catch a good ep in season 5 that relights my fire, but i wont hold my breath.

though it seems this idea is realy working for you i hope it lives up to your expectations. :)

DanielleG
February 6th, 2008, 09:40 AM

I agree! I plan to wait to see how Season 5 goes. I hope there is a season 6, we have to wait for Season 5 to come on first.

Raven56
February 6th, 2008, 10:37 AM
That's how I look at it. I learned a big lesson on that. When I first heard about Atlantis, I refused to watch it because I had literally despised the character of McKay in the SG-1 episodes. Whining, arrogant, cowardly jerk with no redeeming qualities at all, was how I saw him. Later, after losing SG-1, I borrowed SG:A seasons 1-3 from a friend, and decided that there was enough improvement in the character that I could handle him. I still want to smack him every once in a while :) but I accept his presence without any qualms now. The same thing happened the first episode I saw that had Woolsey in it. I was prepared to despise him, as I'd despised him in SG-1. But he'd grown as a character, and now I'm fully reconciled to his presence in S5. (Still would have liked Caldwell, though. Sigh. Head-to-head Sheppard - Caldwell. Oh, well, in my dreams ;))

- even when Rodney was introduced as a jerk he was interesting and sweet and snarky enough for me to want to learn more about him.
:lol: Never saw any redeeming qualities back then. :D

They can't really, can they, based on what you've just said. I know that there are some who think they should, but interestingly enough, most of what those want would turn me off. (Not a slam on what others want, simple statement of fact). So, I agree.

They want control of Atlantis, we KNOW they do, it's a natural plot progression for them to finally get their way and get one of their men in charge of it. But thing is, we KNOW Woolsey, in The Scourge, he demonstrated to me that he WASN'T a tool, and I liked him in "The Return" and thought his decision to leave certain factors out of his report in "The Seer" was brave of him.

Agreed. I think the IOA will find they've made a bit of a boo-boo.

As for John not taking orders from him, well he didnt always do that for Elizabeth and could you really see him taking orders from Caldwell?
Would have loved to see the sparks :D

Not from me. I agree completely.

:indeed:

I view it as an ensemble piece and like any other show, characters come and go. I suppose the same can be said of viewers. I only hope that there are enough of us out there who will keep watching to keep the series going for another season. We will have to wait and see.
I fully intend to. And from what I've seen so far, I'll stick with it until the end.

IMO, you've been very respectful and tactful.