This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woolsey joins the crew in S5

What is everyones feelings on him becoming the new Commander of Atlantis?

I'm still in shock... was convinced it would be Caldwell oh well.

As for Woosley as leader how long till he has a heart attack from having to make calls like the one in the Seer
    A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post

As for Woosley as leader how long till he has a heart attack from having to make calls like the one in the Seer
      I honestly thought it was going to be Caldwell as well. I guess they want to go back to having a civilian be in charge of Atlantis. Although, I just don't see Woosley being all that good; if, like you said, calls being made in the Seer are any indication of how things will be run, we will be at war with EVERYONE in the Pegasus galaxy by the end of S5!!!
      Sigs made by EG & Teylafan
      &=AWESOME &Forever
      No SGA fics yet....but ya never know

Comment

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post

I was hoping it would be Caldwell... I wasn't shocked that it was Woolsey though, It was predictable that the I.O.A would place one of their own in command given the chance... I don't think he's up to the challenge, we'll have to wait and see if he is wiser than the Woolsey we've seen previously in SG1/SGA...

Comment

I can take alot of the crap the writers give us with Atlantis but Woosley as Atlantis Commander ? If the character does not get a major re change this might be the one thing to get me to stop watching & it wont be hard to stop watching since Atlantis it is the only thing I watch on Sci-Fi. Stupid stupid move & I would imagine the majority will hate this decision.

Comment

Really very surprised by this. Not sure what to make of it. I don't have any problems with the Richard Woolsey character but I never, ever imagined him wearing the Atlantis Expedition uniform or being the type of man who dealt with the situations that Sam and Weir handled on a regular basis during their respective leadership reigns which often required picking up a P90 which is also something I could never imagine Woolsey doing.

The guys a bureaucrat. A desk jockey. He dots the I's and crosses the T's on the paperwork but there's a lot more to being the leader of Atlantis than riding a desk and he's sure gonna have to get that figured out pretty quick smart or he won't last.

In a way his situation is the reverse of Sam's. Sam was always used to going "out there", exploring and fighting and she had to realise as a commander that there were situations when she wasn't able to do that and she'd have to leave it to Sheppard and his team unless, of course, they were in trouble in which case Sam could go back to soldiering. Woolsey is going to be used to staying in his office in Washington but he's going to need to realise that he will need to go off-world.
            Last edited by Alan; 05 February 2008, 07:00 AM.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
            K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

The series is going to go down hill now I fear, they should of made Daniel the new leader he was the perfect candidate. Not someone who is afraid of everything and is going to dismiss any difficult choices.

The only good thing is, Beckett is back for five episodes... Though I hope it will be more ¬_¬

I wonder, could I be in Stargate?
              Probably not

Comment

Originally posted by Seftrex View Post
                [COLOR="Blue"]The series is going to go down hill now I fear, they should of made Daniel the new leader he was the perfect candidate. Not someone who is afraid of everything and is going to dismiss any difficult choices
                Indeed Seftrex if they are not careful with how they do this then this decision alone can be the decision that kills Atlantis. I am willing to give it a shot but if Woolsey is still Woolsey then Im done. I wonder what idiot suggested Woolsey as Commander

Comment

Woolsey for me falls into the same category as Keller: like the actor, can't stand the character on SGA.

This proves their crap about wanting to go military was just that. Crap. They're going back to a civilian, and not to one who'd be a better leader than Weir. The only thing he's better at is pissing off Shep.

I guess they wanted their tension between Shep and the leader. It didn't work with Elizabeth, it didn't work with Carter -- how long until Shep punches Woolsey's lights out though?

Comment

To me, it was always a tossup between Caldwell and Woolsey.
                    It might just work out okay.
                    The position was really an administrative one originally, and now that the Replicator threat is gone, it can go back to that; in effect, he'll have as little to do with the action as Elizabeth did, and there shouldn't be any need to shoehorn him into episodes.
                    Also, since there's again a split between the admin/civilian side of the power and the military/security side, there's a good chance of some fireworks between him and Sheppard the next time there's an emergency and Shep decides it's military
                    Last edited by Raven56; 05 February 2008, 06:57 AM. Reason: fix typo. bad typo. bad.

Comment

Woolsey is a funny, but also an annoying character. I don't know how will it work, because he "likes" to make bad decisions (like in Returning II). I hope he will show us his skills from Inaugaration, where he became a very positive character.
                      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa View Post
                        This proves their crap about wanting to go military was just that. Crap. They're going back to a civilian, and not to one who'd be a better leader than Weir. The only thing he's better at is pissing off Shep.
                        If they wanted a Civilian Leader why not someone like Daniel ? Heck Johns ex would have been better then Woolsey. Why Woolsey of all people ? His character sucks ass

Comment

TPTB can now "ship" Woolsey and Keller. They can whine, cry and snivel together for us every week! Just think of the marvelous stories!

Good grief. What have they done to my show????? *cries*

Comment

Horrible choice I hate this man. Ohh, come on, he's not a commander...

Comment

The sad fact is that Michael Shanks is expensive for the series. Try to imagine the fan reaction if they could hear that Samantha Carter was the commander for one year, than Daniel Jackson was for an other year etc. So I think they made a neutral choice, which can rev Atlantis up.
                              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Working...
                              X