hat'tak vs hive ship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hat'tak vs hive ship

Right I've been thinkin about this for a good while now and I dont know what to think so i thought I'd ask you guys. So how good do you think a hat'tak would do up against a hive ship. I recon If you upgraded it with asgard shields it would at least be able to last long enough to make a rather large dent.

Continuing Stargate Virtual Fleet Link Below

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63923

well, ha'taks are roughly the same size as a 304, so they certainly wouldn't have the size advantage. Their weapons are much better than the 304 railguns, which we have seen disable some parts of a hive, but never destroy one. The hatak weapons are likely comparable in firepower to the hive pulses. The real test would be if the shields could hold out long enough for the hatak to do enough damage. Judgin by how quickly a hive can deplete 304 sheilds, probably not.
    sigpic

Comment

I would go with the hive. There is a lot more hive to destroy than there is Ha'tak. I don't think the Ha'taks shields would do much good either as they are inferior to 304 shields which hives have taken down before.
      sigpic

Comment

well Hives are (were) a threat to our ships and Hataks dont have transporters or proper decent weapons so i reckon Hives would win because there weapons fair alright to our 304's

80% chance Hive would win

20% for Hatak

Comment

i personly think a ha'tak would win but thats just IMO

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
          Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

I'm going with hive ship. Way more firepower. We have seen they can take the Daedalus shields down very quickly. I think the match would be something like when Apophis destroyed Heru'ur's Ha'tak. The Wraith routinely engaged Ancient warships so they probably have more firepower than a Ha'tak.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Evil_Genius_McKay View Post
              I'm going with hive ship. Way more firepower. We have seen they can take the Daedalus shields down very quickly. I think the match would be something like when Apophis destroyed Heru'ur's Ha'tak. The Wraith routinely engaged Ancient warships so they probably have more firepower than a Ha'tak.
              When have we seen a single hive ship quickly take down Daedalus shields?

In the Siege 3, the Daedalus sustained no damage while taking on a hive ship and several cruisers and that was after they had beamed down the ZPM. Even in "Allies" after 2 hiveships ambushed the Daedalus as it came out of hyperspace with no shields, the Daedalus was still able to raise shields and the hive ships didn't take the shields down.

As for the Hatak's, in terms of weapons, the seem to be about equal in strength to Wraith weapons, but the hive ship would outgun the Hatak . Hatak's shields would provide some protection and it has better manuverability, but the sheer size of hive ships makes them difficult to destroy. So I'd give it to the hiveship. However, 2 Hataks would probably get the job done.

Comment

Well, the 304s are supposedly able to beat a ha'tak, which means that the chances are it can't take as much punishment, especially if they are the same sheilds as in cmalot. The 304s could take several hits from an ori beam where the ha'taks don't have any effect which shows that the 304s are much stronger. At the rate the wraith take down the asgard sheilds I would say that the hive would kick it's ass. Also I don't think that the goa'uld pulses are even close in fire power to the hive pulses, otherwise the 304s would have been toast whenever they had met in combat.
                Best quotes ever:
                O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
                Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
                Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
                Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
                Thor:I like the yellow ones
                O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

Hiveship would win but a Apophis flagship would beat a hive

Comment

I've said many times in the past, that I'd live to see a Jaffa regiment take on a few Wraith. But yeah, on the question, I'd have to go with the Hive Ship.

A standard ha'tak just wouldn't be up to the task. A Wraith Hive ship has not only a size advantage, but a power advantage too. Even with Asgard Shields, I'd have to wonder...

With the Daeladus, she not only has Asgard Sheilds, but Asgard Weapons too. A Ha'tak with Asgard shields may last longer, but the standard weapons she carries wouldn't do the job required of her.
                    sigpic
                    It's Probin' Time!

Comment

Originally posted by redrama9 View Post
                      Hiveship would win but a Apophis flagship would beat a hive
                      ya maybe his ship would stand a chance
                      Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
                      Anime signature in spoiler tag
                      Spoiler:
                      Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

well a hatak is alot bigger than a 304 and one advantage its got is shields yet nowadays they are useless

maybe due to the hatak being smaller it could dodge a few shots while hitting the dart bays for secondary explosions just the daedalus did

anubis's upgraded hataks would stand a better chance than the normal hataks.

and a fully charged anubis mothership would destroy most things in the area hives dont have a chance
                        sigpic

Comment

hive ship hands down
                          i think the apophis flag ship would easy beat a hive though and i dont think it ot would be much of a fight at all with anubis's mothership. a hive would be destored in 1 or 2 shots.
                          i think a replicator ha'tak would win aswell.

Comment

A hive would win with ease even if the Ha'tak had the pre-unending 304 shields. I think the energy bolts for the hive and ha'tak are equal but the hive has a much faster firing rate and alot more guns, the ha'tak would be toast. That said I'm surprised the ha'tak didn't recieve another upgrade in season 10 of sg-1, the current standard were obviously useless against the Ori, would've thought Ba'al could get ahold of some Ori tech and replicate it on his fleet. It would've made an interesting story and make the ha'taks a formiddible ship again, who knows maybe for a future SG-1 movie.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
                              A hive would win with ease even if the Ha'tak had the pre-unending 304 shields. I think the energy bolts for the hive and ha'tak are equal but the hive has a much faster firing rate and alot more guns, the ha'tak would be toast. That said I'm surprised the ha'tak didn't recieve another upgrade in season 10 of sg-1, the current standard were obviously useless against the Ori, would've thought Ba'al could get ahold of some Ori tech and replicate it on his fleet. It would've made an interesting story and make the ha'taks a formiddible ship again, who knows maybe for a future SG-1 movie.
                              or if ba'al found out how the replicaters upgraded the ha'tacks and then he copied the tech but not with replicater blocks. then with many of these he could ambush the ori. maybe steal a ship.

Comment

Working...
                              X