BAMSR Battle tactics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BAMSR Battle tactics

I was extremely disappointed in the battle tactics used by the Asurans in BAMSR.

First they let us destroy 14 of their Aurora class ships before actually deciding to do something. From what i understand it takes several seconds for most ships to raise its shields once it jumps out of hyperspace. (The asgard utilised this tactic in 'The New Order') Once the first three or so ships where destroyed via this tactic the Asurans if they are in their right mind should've immediately recalled all their ships to their home base. Waiting till half their fleet got wiped out is nothing but stupidity.

Their incompetence here was nothing compared to what they did after all the ships finally reached home. By then they should have realized that they where under attack and prepared for the arrival of the enemy amarda. If they couldn't even put 2 and 2 together and figure that out they should have atleast easilly detected the 7 hive ships on approach much like atlantis does. They shouldve put their ships on defensive positions and their surface drone platforms armed and ready to fire. Not a single ship was on defence mode. What use are ships that are supposed to defend a planet if all their shields where lowered and weapons barely armed. They only managed to fire of a few drones at a time in the midst of their shocked surprise. I know we still dont fully understand how drones have on asgard shields but at a bare minimum from what we saw with the Orion those 7 hives shouldve been turned into mince meat within seconds. This is not even including the drone platforms that shouldve been armed. And whats with the shields? i watched the battle very carefully and it took them a full few minutes to raise their shields but by then Mcays plan was already in action. The first naked aurora got banged up by rail guns! How embarrassing is that! Those ships where suposed to be defending their planet having shields up and running is a start.

Anyone have any have any points to ad/challenge or any theories that explain this.

The Asurans are probably not programmed to be defensive they only know offensive tactics and don’t know what to do if they are under attack
    sorry cant spell

Comment

We only ever saw sheilds when the darts somehhow took out an aurora with sheilds up, we have only ever seen the asurans firing a couple of drones at a time, I don't know why. The asgard beams appeared to be passing through their sheilds, they were up quite early on, but were incredibly weak. However, if TPTB made them as strong as the auroras should have been we would have been destroyed so quickly that it wouldn't have been shown on camera.
      Best quotes ever:
      O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
      Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
      Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
      Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
      Thor:I like the yellow ones
      O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

Originally posted by kefke20 View Post
        The Asurans are probably not programmed to be defensive they only know offensive tactics and don’t know what to do if they are under attack
        Hey? They're also machines, and the best defense is the offense. They had nothing else to do here but fire all their cannons and above all drones, win the day and end of story.
        The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn View Post
          Hey? They're also machines, and the best defense is the offense.
          not always

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn View Post
          They had nothing else to do here but fire all their cannons and above all drones, win the day and end of story.
          They probably miss the link to do that
          sorry cant spell

Comment

i just think their rate of fire was stupid even though they did alot of damage to some ships

but that fight i think lasted only a few minutes and the apollo shields were nearly drained mentioned by marks or someone

and only a few ships were fighting whereas the other ships where still stationary in the background

and the asurans on the planet what do they do?!?!?! all you see them do is operate some system consoles

they should of pummeled the fleet from the planet even earth in season 1 detected hataks coming from their orbit
            sigpic

Comment

well, they were originaly a bioloical wepon(sortta), so maybe they just weren't programed for this kind of large scale battle

Comment

The planet may have had no defenses whatsoever, there city ship was destroyed, as wier says there arogance runs in the family with the ancients. So without there city ship there probably were no shields or weapons platforms on the planet. And the ships were inferior to ancient design, that is fact. Also they may have been running low or out of drones from there battles eslewhere, another reason why they pulled back. I do agree they should have put of more of a fight, but again without the city ship it is also possible they didnt have longrange sensors to see us comming. And we had been ambushing there ships before they could communicate who was attacking them.
                sigpic

Surely you cant be serious, I am serious and dont call me shirly.

Danmit. What is it Oneil? I forgot to tape the simpsons .... Its important to me

Sir i think you have gone mad with power.
                Ofcourse I have, have you ever gone mad without power, its no fun, noone listens to you

Comment

As someone has already said, they are extremely arrogant. They probably would not have been expecting an attack on their homeworld. I think the reason that nothing was fired from the surface was that by the time they realised what was going on Fran had beamed down and started sucking them all into the big blob. The replicators in the ships were able to put up more of a fight because it took them a bit longer to be affected. My theory is that they were resupplying their ships with drones etc after using a whole lot attacking human worlds, so they used the few they had left sparingly.
                  sigpic

Comment

Has any one actually kept count on the number of times this has been brought up?

#1. They have 30 Auroras all at one planet, who in the right mind would attack that force it is suicide. They might know we have been destroying their ships but they know our only weapon against them (AR) is useless, therefor they had no reason to expect us coming. So why raise shields when no one is coming?
                    #2. The first Aurora was killed once the allied ships dropped out of hyperspace a lot of other ships got damaged thus comproising shield integrity all together, leading to some ships with no shields and some with seriously diminished shields. Only 5 kills were made on Aurora ships, one was the first strike, one was a Aurora with damage from a hive and no shields taken out by a 304, 2 that cannot be accurately explained and the last was an aurora with no shields (thus running from battle) taken out by drones from another Aurora.
                    #3. Only about 1/3 of the total planet was attacked, we did not attack the entire defensive fleet we attacked only a small portion which was at most about 10 Auroras. Attacking the full planet would be stupid and inefficient, forces would be spread thin and the Auroras wouldnt run away when they out number and out gun just about all of the opposition. By the time the rest got there it was too late because FRAN was sucking them into the planet.
                    4. There were no drones from the surface because the reps still can feel shock and are surprised. By the time they composed them selves Mckay beamed down and hacked into their power grid neutralizing any planetary defensive systems that they could have tried to bring online.
                    5. Joe Mallozzi stated that the Replicator Auroras are weaker than the Original Ancient Auroras. Probably why they cant fire as many drones as the real ones can, but still the Aurora Shep took out fired drones as intercepting missles and hit majority of shep's drones but that wasnt good enough.
                    6. The fight wasnt fair to begin with and the Auroras did extremely well considering that they were damaged. Numerous damaged ships and a total of 4 losses in 3 minutes is not bad considering they were out numbered initially. The disapointing part is that they only got 2 kills but given another minute and the rest of the fleet would have decimated the rest of the alliance. Apollo went into defensive mode rerouting power from weapons to shields.

I bring this up again, but something no one else really realized is that the 304s didnt do well. They only made 1 confirmed kill the whole time and there was 2 kills that the 304s may or may not have had a part in. Fact of the matter is that the evidence points to that the beam weapons, yet effective, are not these "god" weapons that destroy everything, the battle report actually shows that the new beam weapons have a hard time taking down Asuran Aurora shields and possibly worse their hull. Yes they were meaning to target hyperdrives but if you can hit the hyperdrives and cripple a ship but they still fire at targets why not just finish them off?
                    Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Well they were going for the goal of taking out the asurans hyper drives and not letting any escape, they might not have thought they had the time to destroy any if they had destroyed everyship except one that got away they probably would have considered the mission a failure,the battle was kind of disapointing i will admit, but one can draw on reasons why it was that way.
                      sigpic

Danmit. What is it Oneil? I forgot to tape the simpsons .... Its important to me

Ofcourse I have, have you ever gone mad without power, its no fun, noone listens to you

Comment

even with the new weapons on the 304 they are still not as powerful as the oddessys which shredded the ori ships hull, yes they took off the shields yet the hull of the aroura seem to be tough to not allow the 304 beam to slice through

plus i think returning to the home planet to restock on drones and wait for more ships being biult gave the alliance a chance to win

i think the arouros did well since the apollos shields were about to fail enough for the captain to about to say divert power from the beam to the shields

and not all ships were fighting, it seemed to be a even match between the alliance and the asuarn ships
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wise one View Post
                          even with the new weapons on the 304 they are still not as powerful as the oddessys which shredded the ori ships hull, yes they took off the shields yet the hull of the aroura seem to be tough to not allow the 304 beam to slice through

plus i think returning to the home planet to restock on drones and wait for more ships being biult gave the alliance a chance to win

i think the arouros did well since the apollos shields were about to fail enough for the captain to about to say divert power from the beam to the shields

and not all ships were fighting, it seemed to be a even match between the alliance and the asuarn ships
                          Did they shred the ori ships? Always seemed to mee as more of impacts that created explosions leading to the ships explosion.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by delrey View Post
                            Did they shred the ori ships? Always seemed to mee as more of impacts that created explosions leading to the ships explosion.
                            if u watch unending you can see the beam cut through the back of the first ori ship and into the glowy power thing that lead to its destruction

and second when the oddessy started firing at the ship you could see it went pass through its hull and continue straight
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kefke20 View Post
                              not always
                              In that case, yes, it is.

They probably miss the link to do that
                              No, they don't. We've seen them use drones previously.

Of course, their version was very mediocre. Slow, bad aim, low yields and all that.
                              So we're left with some fan made explanation like huh, their Aurorags didn't have drones to swarm the enemy.

Convenient, that the Aurorags could actually fire a barrage of defensive energy bursts and drones to destroy those fired by Sheppard, yet didn't use a fraction of that stuff to destroy the ships.

Besides, what annoys me a lot is just how the ships fire nothing.
                              You've seen the amount of bolts fired by the hiveships? It's pathetic.

Or the other point I hate with a passion here is just how the hiveships were super shrinked down to the point where they're even smaller than the Aurorags.

For criisake, the Wraith ships should have been dwarfing anything around with their 11 km long biopenis.
                              The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Working...
                              X