This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stories about the Pegasus stargate

Anyone else like to learn more about the gates in Pegasus??? their are different looking and we still don't' know how you would manually dial one. and any other cool features that might set it apart from it's milky way counterpart
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
    Anyone else like to learn more about the gates in Pegasus??? their are different looking and we still don't' know how you would manually dial one. and any other cool features that might set it apart from it's milky way counterpart
    Yeah I would.I don't even know if you could manually dial the Pegasus gate. I'd love to know what they are made of.
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I would like to see stories about the gate system too.

My ideas:

- a story about why some gate have 8 or 9 chevron - they can correct so the CGI mistakes
      - a story about a gate, which was infested by an alien entity and it causes problems in the gate system
      - maybe a hologram type jumper should arrive again and again from the wormhole as a time anomaly
      - the Atlantis gate will be unusable, because an earthquake makes the buried stargate active again in a ruin on the continent
      - I would like to see a two-side wormhole, which can be reached with three gate : A call C through B ( A-(B)-C )
      - hostile aliens arrive in the Atlantis gate room, but a shield will activate before the stairs - the team should speak with them to leave the city
      - there should be a story about how the ancients began to create the gate system (reference for Universe series)
      - an Earth made supergate will be build for X-304s

etc.
      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
        Yeah I would.I don't even know if you could manually dial the Pegasus gate. I'd love to know what they are made of.
        I could tell you exactly what they are made of... Blue Jello

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
        - a story about why some gate have 8 or 9 chevron - they can correct so the CGI mistakes
        That would be a really interesting story, plus it would give the writers a chance to explain why the Pegasus gate on the Midway station appears to only have 8 chevrons...

- hostile aliens arrive in the Atlantis gate room, but a shield will activate before the stairs - the team should speak with them to leave the city
        I would love to see that in an ep, McKay find a force field for the gate room by accident and luckily it is active when some alien strike force gates in and somehow the gate shield fails... Very interesting idea

- there should be a story about how the ancients began to create the gate system (reference for Universe series)
        Again another story I would really like to see, The stargate is a very interesting piece of tech and it is always good to get more information of it ...

etc.
        Yup... Now that I really like, Cannot ever see this one happening but I would love to see it

Comment

- the Atlantis gate will be unusable, because an earthquake makes the buried stargate active again in a ruin on the continent

etc.
          Nice Idea, but I imagine the since the stargate is in a city ship (i.e. likely to be relocated) the control crystal will also cause incoming wormholes to use that gate as the primary. Just like the DHD did for the Russians. While the Atlantis dialing system isn't like a standard dhd, it was still built by the ancients.

Comment

My ideas:

The gate in "first strike" wasn't a cgi goof. It was a nod to Horizon. They have pace gates with only 8 chevrons.

- a story about a gate, which was infested by an alien entity and it causes problems in the gate system
            Not sure how that would play out personally. But an interesting idea.

- maybe a hologram type jumper should arrive again and again from the wormhole as a time anomaly
            Huh?

Stories been done. And it's already said that theres no gate on "New Atlantia" It wasn't in the ancient database.

- I would like to see a two-side wormhole, which can be reached with three gate : A call C through B ( A-(B)-C )
            Again, Huh?

Sort of like a beach head scenario in the control room? I'd watch that.

Well we don't really know what Universe will be about. And really I don't think theres enough depth in that. It was a was a way to get around faster. Not much more.

I really really hope not.

Comment

I think that it's been shown that manual dialing is impossible. Remember in "Phantoms" McKay said something about them not being able to dial out even if they had a power source which indicates that they can't.

Vala,

Comment

I am with Pharaoh Atem, I would like to find out why the PG gates are so different from the MW gates. I understand the whole show aspect, a different gate to differentiate SG-1 and Atlantis. But a plotline reason to why they decided to create a different form of gate.

: Green is Good.
                sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Comment

Thanks for the answers. You can see that they can write more interesting episodes with a little fantasy in season 5.

Esquin:

A short idea. A ZPM powered gate was damaged in the Ancient-Wraith war, so it stored the last traveler Ancient team with the puddle jumper (like Teal'c in 48 hours). McKay will find out that it was an Ancient attempt, because somebody pulled out this gate from the star refresh, so the gate's memory wasn't erased. The team will study this accident and they reactivate the wormhole, but they will find out that only a hologram puddler jumper will arrive from the "past". This was the gate related idea, but here is a short fan fiction to continue:

This attempt will be connected to the Wraith past, that these Ancients were the first Iratus infested Ancients, who became later the first Wraith. They found out that the others will try to kill them. So they send this data through the gate and they began to hide for years and plan their revenge...

My two-side wormhole idea was that they can go back and forward through a wormhole. Gate A would like to reach gate C, but they can establish wormhole, so that a third gate "helps", which was signed as gate B. So they open a wormhole from A to C through B, where "normal" wormholes won't be appear, because the journey will go through only at the gate B. I can describe it as three pearl on one string. This special wormhole causes that a man can go from A to C, but C to A with the same wormhole. If this can work in the gate physics, than they can write a story to involve it. For example the team will be at gate "B", but it won't work, or they can rescue a team from gate C only with this new method etc.
                  "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Cap116 View Post
                    I am with Pharaoh Atem, I would like to find out why the PG gates are so different from the MW gates. I understand the whole show aspect, a different gate to differentiate SG-1 and Atlantis. But a plotline reason to why they decided to create a different form of gate.
                    Probably the same reason that most devices are made with digital guages instead of analog ones these days, less moving parts thus "easier" to make in terms of production, personally, I prefer analog guages since they are less prone to breakage.

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                      Manually dial a pegasus gate I don't know but in SG1 badguys Vala states that they can wait until the SGC checks up on them in 6 hours. They can then ask for a generator, and a laptop with a dialing program.

i always assumed that was built for the PG gates and copied to earth for their use.

Comment

Working...
                      X