P-90 or AA-12 when head to head with Wraith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

P-90 or AA-12 when head to head with Wraith

Okay, didn't know whether to post this in general or tech section. So, okay, I posted it here. Call it "weapons tech" and I didn't want to be called a murder and bigot over in general section for figuring out how to kill Wraith and survive in a one on one death match scenerio like in SGA, Season-1, Episode-12, "The Defiant One".

Standard issue small-arm for SGA is a P-90 which in the above indicated scenerio didn't pack a whole lot of stopping power after Shep. emptied a full clip into the "Super" Wraith which I personally believe was some sort of fairly rare alpha male of the species kind of like we saw in SGA, Season-3, Episode-4, "Sateda". Granted his P-90 went out of comission after the first short battle but it finally took a drone to kill the thing.

Personally in that scenario I would rather have an AA-12 instead of the P-90. Here is a link to a video on the net about the AA-12:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4ebtj1jR7c

So what do you other guys think? Would an AA-12 pack the necessary fire-power for going up against a Wraith "alpha" male in a one on one personal battle for survival on some desolate hell of a barren planet ????? Seems to me a lot of the "native" weapondry in Pegesus is more big bore shotgun like and mabey that is because that's better up against Wraith ?????

With the 3 types of the fin grenades yea. With buckshot prob not. That gun is insane though. Would be awesome to see it on SGA

Comment

Oh yeah the wraith troops would suffer in a some what close range but the mag was HUGE. Far to cumersome if they get some one to carry it as a specialty gun then maybe
      Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

erm....what about the USAS? very similar concept and it doesn't seem nearly as bulky.
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
          erm....what about the USAS? very similar concept and it doesn't seem nearly as bulky.
          I had a Daewoo VCR catch fire for no aparent reason, & I have seen two car accidents involving Daewoo cars that did not end well for their owners…so I think I would pass on a weapon system (USAS-12) developed by them. But that’s just me though.
          sigpic
          Spoiler:
          Me: “I just wanted to take the Staten Island Ferry…I wasn’t expecting the extraordinary rendition.”
          *Three DHS guys dressed in black pop out of nowhere. *
          DHS: “NOBODY EVER EXPECTS THE EXTRAORDINARY RENDITION!!!”
          DHS: “Our chief weapons are shock-n-awe, enhanced interrogation techniques, and the suspension of habeas corpus.”

Comment

Forgot all that crap weapons.

Give me a Star Trek phaser with multiple targeting = disintergrate 100 Wraith in 1 shot.

BYE BYE.

Comment

It all depends on a situation.

The p-90 is a recon type of weapon. Light, accurate, and holds decent amount of armor. Usually one full clip will take out a wraith, at least immobilize it long enough to put a few rounds in the head.

The AA-12 is just an auto-shotgun. Would be good in a close quarters type of mission. Sucks long range, and buly as hell. Its basically worthless without a barrel mag. So its more of a backup type of weapon.
              Visit my Website

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
                It all depends on a situation.

The p-90 is a recon type of weapon. Light, accurate, and holds decent amount of armor. Usually one full clip will take out a wraith, at least immobilize it long enough to put a few rounds in the head.

The AA-12 is just an auto-shotgun. Would be good in a close quarters type of mission. Sucks long range, and buly as hell. Its basically worthless without a barrel mag. So its more of a backup type of weapon.
                Agreed. SG-1 or SGA-1 would not want to be going on a flat out run to the gate to escape enemie lugging one of those things around.
                Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Hell, with the Frag-12 rounds you could take out a Dart easily. Definitely a sexy weapon!
                  Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler View Post
                    Hell, with the Frag-12 rounds you could take out a Dart easily. Definitely a sexy weapon!
                    Hell if you changed the explosive to your K-Naq idea you could really clear out a mean bee’s nest with one of those fin stabilized bad boys(Frag-12) dontcha know.
                    sigpic
                    Spoiler:
                    Me: “I just wanted to take the Staten Island Ferry…I wasn’t expecting the extraordinary rendition.”
                    *Three DHS guys dressed in black pop out of nowhere. *
                    DHS: “NOBODY EVER EXPECTS THE EXTRAORDINARY RENDITION!!!”
                    DHS: “Our chief weapons are shock-n-awe, enhanced interrogation techniques, and the suspension of habeas corpus.”

Comment

After watching the video, I can't really say that I would like to up against the Wraith with an AA-12.

I couldn't really see anyone wanting to go into the field with a backpad full of 20 round magazines. I am not sure how heavy they would be, but I think it would be much easier to have a stack of P90 magazines rather than three or four AA-12 magazines. The fact someone said the AA-12 uses heavy duty parts seems to suggest that the gun itself could be heavier.

So to me, I guess it depends on the situation. If several teams were working together, I think having a two man team with AA-12's would be better off. One member could use standard shotgun rounds for close quarters, with the other could use those cool Frag-12 shells.

Personally I think sticking with the P90 would be best. I think that it wouldn't be a good thing to have in a closed area such as Atlantis corridors or inside a Wraith ship as I could see there being a lot of injuries caused by the contents of the shell. It would have potential for outside combat assuming there isn't a lot of distance required. I think that it would be suited for an open area fighting a large group of Wraith, especially if they created naquadah rounds. It could be like the mini-nuke weapon from Starship Troopers.

sigpic

Comment

THe AA12 is relatively new. it was featured on Future weapons (Great show)

Comment

Originally posted by Argosy View Post
                          Hell if you changed the explosive to your K-Naq idea you could really clear out a mean bee’s nest with one of those fin stabilized bad boys(Frag-12) dontcha know.
                          LOL, if you had K-Naq rounds you'd probably blow yourself up too.
                          Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                          I couldn't really see anyone wanting to go into the field with a backpad full of 20 round magazines.
                          The vid also mentioned 32-round drums, so if you carried three or four of those plus a sidearm, you should be okay.

Comment

bet they weigh a lot though

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatLordGeorge View Post
                              bet they weigh a lot though
                              If it works, who cares?

Comment

Working...
                              X