Loose ends in SG-1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loose ends in SG-1

I've been thinking lately about some of the loose ends that SG-1 left us- those little, nagging comments or plot points that seem ripe for further investigation, but are left to fester in your imagination. I've got three that bug me and they're listed below.
    What do you wish the Stargate writers had tied up before SG1 left the air?

1) What ever happened to Nick Ballard after "The Crystal Skull"? Did he die on that planet, or did he come back to Earth at some point?

2) And then there's the cloned Jack O'Neill running around in high school (probably college by now) after "Fragile Balance". What's he up to?

3) In "Ripple Effect", the "black" Mitchell told "our" Mitchell to "cut the green one" when the time came. As far as I know, and maybe I'm wrong, Mitchell never had to cut a green something for the rest of the series. So does this get resolved in AoT or Continuum? (I try not to read spoilers) If it does, then how come the black SG-1 had already had to "cut the green one" but wasn't any closer to beating the Ori than "our" team was at the same point in time?? And we know that they were very similar parallel universes because the "black" team didn't suffer from the entropic cascade failure (according to the flimsy explanation provided in the episode) that usually afflicts universe-jumping individuals. So did the universes significantly diverge after "Ripple Effect", perhaps because of the events in that episode??

See what I mean about these loose ends festering?!?

This isn't exactly the same thing, but I would have liked to have seen more of the friendship Bra'tac and Hammond had.

Hammond seemed to be about the only person to inspire a sense of awe and admiration from Bra'tac, like he really respected him and considered him an equal. I'd love to have seen a scene with Bra'tac and Hammond just chillin' at a bar or something offbase.

Comment

There are some unanswered questions and some loose ends in sg1 I agree. It would be really nice if a few of those you've mentioned or the following would come up in the future (either in future dvds or SGA or SGU if that project ever comes through):

1. The greatest mistery in sg universe: the furlings.

2. Tollans (did all of them die or are there any survivors)

3. Nox (haven't heard from them in awhile)

4. Jonas Quinn

5. Tok'ra and free Jaffa after the Ori left the MW galaxy

6. Hebridans

and lots of other interesting races like the re'tu, foothold aliens, salish spirits, foothold aliens, re'ol, gadmeer, oannes etc.

Comment

Whoever terra formed the planet with the Touchstone apparently did it only 900 years ago, who were they?

Who exactly created Reese, was it the descendants of the Ancients that returned from Pegasus or some other offshoot civilization?

Re'tu still out in our galaxy?

Comment

Vala's past. I want the writers to explore her before being taken host past.

Comment

Originally posted by Malakriss View Post
            Whoever terra formed the planet with the Touchstone apparently did it only 900 years ago, who were they?
            While not canon, the RPG made by Alderac Entertainment says that the Touchstone was made by the Furlings who looked after the Madronans. An interesting thought really but do not that its not canon.

Re'tu still out in our galaxy?
            An interesting question considering the fall of the Goa'uld, do the rebels give up and attempt to help rebuild their civilisation?

While there are many questions from the earlier seasons, I am interested in the stuff in the Ori arc personally as well as some Ancient stuff.

Examples?
            • What happened to Arthur and his Knights? Do any of their descendents survive and continue their quest?
            • What happened with Mordred and Arthur? Merlin compared Baal to Mordred so what happened?
            • Where did the Ancient Plague come from? Were the Ori involved?
            • Why was the Stargate Destroyer that Anubis used on Earth created?
            • Does Haaikon teach some of the Free Jaffa the Sodan arts thus allowing some of their traditions to survive in spirit?
            • What did 'evil' Mitchell meant by cutting the right wire?
            • What did Merlin mean when he said that the Ori had the best of intentions originally? Were they and the Book of Origin benevolent but they got corrupted by the power of their followers?
            • What is the name of the Ancient/Ori Home Galaxy?
            • What happens to the Illac Renin?
            • Do the Lucian Alliance and Netan survive? Or do they splinter?
            • What have the Trust been up to? What about the Goa'uld Athena?
            • Is the Clava Thessara Infinatus a hoax or real?

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

1) (Minor) But I've always wondered if Klorel took another host after the Tollan sent him away.

2)Like warpgirl said Nick Ballard, and who exactly are the fog giants.

3)What happended with Sarah (Daniels Sarah) now she knows about the stargate. She knows a lot about egyption history and stuff, she could help.

4)The world terra formed in Scorched Earth, I would like to see them alive, and communicate with the SGC in some form or another.

5)The Ashen how they are 'enjoying' the coordinates we gave them.

6) The ship from Grace.

Comment

Sam and Jack.
                Obviously. Even AT said that was a loose end that need some wrapping up.

Comment

What happened to Kinsey? If I remember correctly he was possessed by a Goa'uld and never seen or heard from again.

Comment

Originally posted by SierraGolf-OneNiner View Post
                    What happened to Kinsey? If I remember correctly he was possessed by a Goa'uld and never seen or heard from again.
                    He got blown up.

Comment

99% sure Kinsey dies in the same ep he was taken host, cant remember exactley but he was on a cargo ship and the prometheus destroyed it?

Netan is 100% dead he died at the end of "Bounty"

Arthur and the Knights returning in search of the sangral after the sword was taken from the stone, I think was possibly just folk law, I think this for the following reason. It wassaid merlin trusted he secrets to noblemen (so not ancients or any particular advanced race), So unless they were frozen in stasis they couldnt come to seek the sangral after the sword was removed hundreds of years later. So I think the arthur bit was just some villagers hoping on something which can no longer happen so to speak if that makes any sense?

I Think, The Furlings, Athena, Retu, Aschen, Fog Aliens and Sarah all needed an episode or two to wrap there stories up, or atleast in the furlings maybe something to make us wonder where they are

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                        He got blown up.
                        Though wasn't he last seen operating rings. So its possible he got out.

Comment

Originally posted by Icedragon View Post
                          Though wasn't he last seen operating rings. So its possible he got out.
                          That's what I thought too. I was really anticipating to see this resolved in an episode or two.

Comment

Originally posted by Icedragon View Post
                            1) (Minor) But I've always wondered if Klorel took another host after the Tollan sent him away.
                            Same here. It would have made a great twist if one of the later gou'alds we came accross remembered the team due to his experience being in Ska'ra.

3)What happended with Sarah (Daniels Sarah) now she knows about the stargate. She knows a lot about egyption history and stuff, she could help.
                            And did that butt head of a friend survive..

5)The Ashen how they are 'enjoying' the coordinates we gave them.

6) The ship from Grace.
                            Two of the best ones i can see.

Comment

I wonder if these will be answered in the 3rd movie if they make one?

Or perhaps the new spin off that is still in pre-production stargate universe?

Comment

Working...
                              X