This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alicia Vega in Season 5

Who will play her? Which actress would you like to see in this new regular / recurring role?

I think they should have found out a better name. Carter-Keller-Porter sound a little weird after each other.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

I think she's an intriguing character. We don't know much about her yet, so it opens up a lot of possibilities.

I do hope she doesn't turn into a female Ford. And yeah, I'm not crazy about the name either. The only other TV Allison I know I absolutely can't stand. Hopefully that's not true here.

Actresses - I don't know. I guess we'll see. It'd be awesome if they could get someone like Gina Torres, but I think she's probably a little old to play 28.
    - Life after Stargate -
    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
    sigpic

Comment

I hope they will choose a well-known actress from an other series.
      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Honestly, i'd pretty much like her to be a female Sheppard. By that I mean smart, good under pressure, good strategist, good in combat (hand to hand and with a gun) and a good pilot, but with flaws.

What I DON'T want to see is Miss perfect 2.0 or an overly abrasive nuisance like the SG writers tend to create.
        Kevan Smith: "I shoot it, I go home, I get drunk."

Comment

What I think?

NOT ANOTHER FRACKING NEW CHARACTER!!!

We barely know some of the ones they've already got!

Seriously...SG1 went five years without a single cast change...this is SGA's EIGHTH!!!
          sigpic
          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
            What I think?

NOT ANOTHER FRACKING NEW CHARACTER!!!

We barely know some of the ones they've already got!

Seriously...SG1 went five years without a single cast change...this is SGA's EIGHTH!!!
            Atlantis ISN'T SG-1, and neither should it try to be.

Comment

But SG1 had plenty of new recurring characters, which Porter will no doubt be.

Comment

I suspect she'll be in the show in a Major Lorne, Chuck, British guy before he got blown up -type aspect. Just around, but a girl just around. Which, and this might be pushing it but, it might signal the new commander is going to be male if the new permanent extra is female.
                sigpic

Comment

Why couldn't the just have brought back Cadman, we already like her.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                    Atlantis ISN'T SG-1, and neither should it try to be.
                    Totally. Missed. the. point

*why* do you think SG1 has been that much more successful than any other sci fi show?

Stability - almost everyone loved watching the five core characters on SG1 - A luxury few other fanbases have had with their shows

With SGA, you no sooner get used to a cast dynamic and then it changes...I casually watch a lot of shows, but I'm less inclined to become a 'fan' if I notice cast changes
                    sigpic

Comment

I'm hoping she'll be the new commander of an SG team, so she could be the "secondary" offworld First Contact team.
                      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by Ice Wolf
                        We do?!
                        GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                        The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                        Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                          I'm hoping she'll be the new commander of an SG team, so she could be the "secondary" offworld First Contact team.
                          I doubt a Captain would be given command of a SG team
                          sigpic
                          The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Ice Wolf View Post
                            Agreed. It would be good to see the interaction between her and McKay. Somehow i think McKay would still be creeped out by her.

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                              I have a funny feeling she could be given Teyla's position on the team since Teyla's said she won't want to risk her life since she's got her son to consider now.

And I thought Lorne's team was the secondary team no?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X