Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the new captain will be replacing Teyla!

I can't help but feel that Teyla is about to be written out or down to reoccurring.
    Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

I'm tired of meeting new people. We don't even know the ones we've got.

I'm hoping this gal is just recurring, but not too much. I want to know more about Lorne, Zelenka, Chuck.

Comment

make her an army captain. It's always air-force or marines, mix it up a little. Or even a captain in another military - british or german or australian or something. that would be cool.

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
          Totally. Missed. the. point

*why* do you think SG1 has been that much more successful than any other sci fi show?

Stability - almost everyone loved watching the five core characters on SG1 - A luxury few other fanbases have had with their shows

With SGA, you no sooner get used to a cast dynamic and then it changes...I casually watch a lot of shows, but I'm less inclined to become a 'fan' if I notice cast changes
          If by success you mean longevity, then yes. But what are the most popular, high quality SciFi shows at the minute? Heroes and Lost, shows which routinely change their cast.

Comment

Originally posted by Amalthea View Post
            I suspect she'll be in the show in a Major Lorne, Chuck, British guy before he got blown up -type aspect. Just around, but a girl just around. Which, and this might be pushing it but, it might signal the new commander is going to be male if the new permanent extra is female.
            I thought I read that she was going to be a regular, she'll probably have the same number of episodes like Keller or more.
            sigpic
            My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
              I thought I read that she was going to be a regular, she'll probably have the same number of episodes like Keller or more.
              where did you read that? Joe said the new commander will be added to the list of regulars, he didn't comment on Porter
              sigpic
              The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

I'm tired of new people too. How can a cast gel if the cast keeps on getting mixed up, replaced, and written out?

But, after the absurdity that was Keller I would like to see a more mature female character. Someone 30+, works by the book, cuts the BS, has no problem getting the job done, and never, EVER plays babysitter when Shep and McKay act like immature twits.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                  I think the new captain will be replacing Teyla!

I can't help but feel that Teyla is about to be written out or down to reoccurring.
                  Fingers crossed.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                    I doubt a Captain would be given command of a SG team
                    No she wouldn't. Generally a Commander of a team in the military is at least a Lt.Col.
                    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                      No she wouldn't. Generally a Commander of a team in the military is at least a Lt.Col.
                      exactly
                      sigpic
                      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                        But SG1 had plenty of new recurring characters, which Porter will no doubt be.
                        Exactly. The chance that Alison is the new commander is les than 1%. She is only a Captain.

Comment

Maybe in real life - I don't know. But in the SGC we have majors commanding teams all the time, and on Atlantis we've even seen lieutentants commanding teams. See BAMSR. Captain Porter could feasibly command a team within the rules of the SGC universe.
                          - Life after Stargate -
                          Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                          Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                            Maybe in real life - I don't know. But in the SGC we have majors commanding teams all the time, and on Atlantis we've even seen lieutentants commanding teams. See BAMSR. Captain Porter could feasibly command a team within the rules of the SGC universe.
                            Wait what did a Lt command? As to Majors yes we have. sometimes Majors command teams if they are the most experienced in that field but no rank lower. I seriously doubt that she commands a team.

Comment

Wait what did a Lt command? As to Majors yes we have. sometimes Majors command teams if they are the most experienced in that field but no rank lower. I seriously doubt that she commands a team.
                              Lt Kemp commanded the team that was evacuating people from the planet in the teaser for BAMSR. You can check the transcript. I remember because it jumped out at me. I remember thinking Atlantis must have a shortage of officers if Lts were leading teams, because that didn't happen at the SGC.
                              - Life after Stargate -
                              Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                              Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                                Lt Kemp commanded the team that was evacuating people from the planet in the teaser for BAMSR. You can check the transcript. I remember because it jumped out at me. I remember thinking Atlantis must have a shortage of officers if Lts were leading teams, because that didn't happen at the SGC.
                                You're right, and yeah that wouldn't happen.

Comment

Working...
                                X