This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Commander for Season 5

Well JM has confirmed that Carter will be a guest star and there will be a new base commander:

Still, Carter will be one of a number of familiar faces that will be popping up in the Pegasus Galaxy in season 5 - including a new commander. Remember way back, when I said we had considered a handful of possible candidates for the command position at the beginning of season 4? Well this person made that short list then, and we’re VERY excited about his/her/its(?) addition to our cast of regulars. As for who it is and what other little surprises we have in store…head on over to the SciFi site Monday morning and start refreshing.
    Any ideas????

Blimey. Well, I'm still surprised it's not Carter but I guess that's with AT's commitment elsewhere.

I think it'll be Ellis, he's had a couple of scenes in 4 that make me think they were setting up potential conflict, like his attitude towards McKay, or on the other hand his friendlyness with Sheppard.

Comment

Hmmmmm, maybe the IOC clamps down and we get Woolsey

sigpic
      www.savecarsonbeckett.com
      Visit My Flickr!!

Comment

Sounds like it will be an existing character, and not a new character which is what I was hoping for if Carter wasn't going to stay.

I hope that it's not:

1) Sheppard
        2) Landry
        3) Caldwell

Please please please let it not be any of those three. I don't think I'd like Ellis either, really. I don't know him well enough though.

With Carter and Weir both out of the running, I honestly can't think of a single existing character in the Stargate universe that I'd want running Atlantis.

No wait, there is one, but it'll never happen. General Hammond.
        - Life after Stargate -
        Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
        Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
        sigpic

Comment

OH MAN! Hammond returning, while most likely so not gonna happen, would be freaking awesome in my book!!!!

sigpic
          www.savecarsonbeckett.com
          Visit My Flickr!!

Comment

Wish it would be O'neill but that probably won't hapen
            sigpic

Comment

Its going to be a Wraith

Comment

Hmm...it'd be neat if it were a woman.

You know, it'd also be really neat if this new leader was extremely antagonistic to the team. They'd still have to save the galaxy...but they have a pain in the mik'ta for a CO. That'd make for some great drama and humor even.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                  3) Caldwell
                  At one point I would have bet on him, I remember reading that Caldwell was written to be the kind of tension and confrontation that the network wanted between Wier and John originally, but he's hardly been in it lately so I doubt it now.

Comment

Man, I'd love it if it were Caldwell.

Comment

I kind of hope it's either Caldwell or Ellis, they already have established relationships and tensions with the Atlantis crew that can be expanded on and I bet there would be fireworks aplenty.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Tobias View Post
                        At one point I would have bet on him, I remember reading that Caldwell was written to be the kind of tension and confrontation that the network wanted between Wier and John originally, but he's hardly been in it lately so I doubt it now.
                        I don't really want it to be him. I know a lot of people are hoping for that, and I'm sorry to be the voice of negativity, but I've never been as fond of Caldwell as a lot of people are. I like him just fine as a recurring character, seeing him two/three times a year. I don't want to see him more than that.

Landry - I'm sorry. I can't stand Landry for the most part. He had a few good moments on SG-1, but mostly, no. *shudders*

Sheppard - as much as I liked having Shep as military commander when Weir was leading, I don't want him as the top boss. I like Shep in the field, in the middle of the action, not tied to the base.
                        - Life after Stargate -
                        Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                        Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                          but I've never been as fond of Caldwell as a lot of people are. I like him just fine as a recurring character, seeing him two/three times a year. I don't want to see him more than that.
                          Well I think he's at his best flying around blowing bad guys up, I know I'd rather be doing that then running a city

Comment

Hammond would be awesome.

I'll bet dollars to donuts that it's Woolsey, which might also be a great addition. They'd have to write him as a little tougher than his over-reactions in "The Seer," though.
                            GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                            The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                            Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jenner8675309 View Post
                              Hmmmmm, maybe the IOC clamps down and we get Woolsey
                              Oh YEAH!! I'd love that!

Comment

Working...
                              X