Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think it will be anyone from SGA. I think it'll be someone who guest starred a few times in SG-1, someone who the fans will recognize, but will be a fresh face to the casual viewer who flips channels and goes "Oh hey, Stargate! Let's watch that!".

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      beyond sam and weir, teyla, vala and janet, there are no good females that are even close to taking over the city. that's why i think it'll be a man and whomever said that capt porter was to balance out the ratio was right. she's being added just to keep it from being a male dominated show

the new boss will be a man.
      That was me, and yes, I think so. I'm not sure why else they would add her.

I guess they might make her team leader, and move Shep to commanding? I hope not though.
      - Life after Stargate -
      Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
      Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
      sigpic

Comment

colonel..russian guy, gary chalk - well i think he blew up in season 9 or 10 or hte Korlev
        Now that would be interesting and bold, it is meant to be an international expedition after all. But yeah, as far as I remember he was last seen on the bridge of Korelov. Colonel Checkov was his name I think.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnRico View Post
          Daniel Jackson ? But then again Jack would rather Command Atlantis himself then let Daniel leave the Milky Way.
          I don't think it will be Daniel, he is not really a leader eh, more a team-player and a linguist and stuff. I am not sure he could lead honestly... I don't think he could delegate and all. not to mention he hasn't any experience. I don't think the IOA will trust him, or that the military will accept that.

Comment

John Hammond would be a dream come true as Commander of Atlantis but alas Don Davis is retired. I would think it would be someone that defended SG-1 all of the times that Kinsey tried to shut down the SGC ?

Comment

How about

Wait for it

Spoiler:
              Bra'Tec

I know this is a random choice

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Tobias View Post
                Now that would be interesting and bold, it is meant to be an international expedition after all. But yeah, as far as I remember he was last seen on the bridge of Korelov. Colonel Checkov was his name I think.
                Yeah...I'm sure pieces of him are still floating around the Supergate...

Comment

Originally posted by toomanysides View Post
                  I'm just wondering how the transfer of power will happen... please not 'SG-1 and Earth needs her' or worse 'Jack needs her' .
                  Seconded. If she steps down to be with Jack I will gag to the point of risking death.

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                  That's an interesting point.

If I recall correctly, he said that there were four candidates that they looked at? Or maybe four other candidates.

Although...maybe Caldwell was a candidate and his other commitments were one of the things that eliminated him from the running back then.
                  True. I think Mitch rocks and has one hell of a leadership presence, so I'd be quite happy with his appointment.

Originally posted by Uncle Tobias View Post
                  I remember it being four aswell, and he said he wouldn't say who it was out of respect for the ones they didn't pick. It's hard to guess really. At that time SG-1 was just over so could one have been Daniel?
                  Oh no. Hell no. I'll be very bummed if some tertiary SG1 character gets the command chair, but I'll be strapping on my water skis if any of the main SG1 cast get the spot. One time was enough, thankyouverymuch.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnRico View Post
                    How about

Wait for it

Spoiler:
                    Bra'Tec

I know this is a random choice

Yes, random to say the least...

Comment

You know what would be hilarious?

Jessica Steen. What if they hire Jessica Steen and she plays the new leader...except in a completely different role.

LOL

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem
                        hey it could be Cam Mitchell
                        You know, I thought of that, but two things:

1) I think JM already said that Mitchell would not appear in S5, and

2) Mitchell's more of the action hero type character, like Shep. It's rather hard to picture him in a desk job.
                        - Life after Stargate -
                        Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                        Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                        sigpic

Comment

Well, Robert Picardo is a brilliant actor, so really, Atlantis could do a LOT worse in terms of quality if it turns out to be him. Check out "Innerspace" if you want to see him in a 1987 movie with Martin Short, Meg Ryan and Dennis Quaid for a really good laugh.

Anyway, back to business. I am going to go out on a limb here and say Sam's replacement is Thor based on the "it" in the blog. I still believe that somehow in "Continuum" they manage to save the Asgard. I am aware that it is likely an irrational hope, but it's my hope never the less.

Moving forward... if they got Jack back I'd freak. Daniel would also be impressive. Or Hammond! Landry would be ok too. I can't think of anyone else who would really be acceptable from SGA or SG1s past. Of course that's why I'm not in charge of things.

For when they write off Carter... let us all hope it's some sort of cliffhanger that leads to a third movie for SG1! It's the power of positive thinking, people!
                          sigpic

Comment

the only female actor i can think of that's not currently involved with the show that could be a 'familiar face' would be jessica steen

recast the original weir as someone new

familiar face, new character.

oh, and thanks for hte name, colonel chekhov
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem
                              Ronon Kree !!!!!!

i would die laughing

Comment

the only female actor i can think of that's not currently involved with the show that could be a 'familiar face' would be jessica steen

recast the original weir as someone new

familiar face, new character.

oh, and thanks for hte name, colonel chekhov
                                AHAHAHAHA

GMTA Skydiver.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Working...
                                X