Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about Paul Davis? Just say he's been promoted to colonel since last we saw him. I kinda liked him...

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      damn.

he was good.
      Adam Baldwin is great - it would be "awesome" if he could do it.

EDIT: For those who don't know, there's a character on Chuck that says "Awesome" all the time.
      i dunno if i can tolerate woolsey full time. they've written him too 'arrogant civilian that finds otu that he's wrong' too many times, so he'll need to change.
      The guy doesn't have much of a spine-it's hard to picture him as leader.
      - Life after Stargate -
      Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
      Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
        What about Paul Davis? Just say he's been promoted to colonel since last we saw him. I kinda liked him...
        Oh! Now there's an idea! I always liked Paul. I doubt it would be him, but that's better than some other options.
        - Life after Stargate -
        Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
        Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
        sigpic

Comment

I'm thinking Shep, Hammond or someone out of the blue like Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem
            Lorne!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

he is SOOOOO over due for something /
            i wish, but that won't happen
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Well, it would be a bit weird for a Major to take command over Shep...But I wouldn't mind John taking over command and Lorne replacing him within the team...

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
                OMG über noooooo!!! don't even think about Bauer all of the planets will be bombarded with Naquada then

I think it will be somehting we will suspect the least honestly... or maybe just someone who is to obvious

ETA: how about Agent Barett????
                LOL! NO!!!

I didn't mean that General Bauer should take command...I mean sometimes you're stuck with a CO or boss you don't see eye to eye with...AT ALL. Like with General Bauer.

As for Barrett? I don't think so. I can't imagine what kind of storyline logic would put him in the leadership role nor do I think he's even remotely qualified to handle it.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

i dunno if i can tolerate woolsey full time. they've written him too 'arrogant civilian that finds otu that he's wrong' too many times, so he'll need to change.

course, if it's ellis, he'll need to take come lithium and pull the stick out of his tush.

caldwell would be the best of those three.
                  I think providing they write him a bit more well rounded, woolsey would work, Picardo can certainly carry a big position, he was a highlight of Star Trek Voyager and often featured prominently.

Caldwell would be my personal choice though.. anyone noticed the guys most people are speculating about are all bald? It sort of goes with JM's comment about how Wier was originally meant to be a Hammond-like role.. in a very superficial way at least

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                    But who? Joe said that it was a "familiar face". The Stargate universe has a shortage of existing female characters who could fill this role.
                    Hmm...good question. Time to make a list.

I'd prefer that the replacement was not originally on SG1 - I'd much rather see someone unique to the SGA universe.

And Joe M said that the person was a runner-up for replacing Weir in s4 so I doubt it was/is Caldwell. Mitch had outside acting commitments during s4 and therefore would likely not have been in the running to replace Weir.

Comment

although, since they are adding this captain alison porter, she could take caldwell's place on the daedy.
                      uh no, not if she's a captain (unless she's navy or coast guard, but then you can't be a captain at age 28).

Comment

All a sudden I'm not really looking forward to S5. I don't think SGA has given her enough presence to leave SGC

I'm just wondering how the transfer of power will happen... please not 'SG-1 and Earth needs her' or worse 'Jack needs her' .

After Cater pretty much upstaged Woolsey can you really make him leader?

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                          And Joe M said that the person was a runner-up for replacing Weir in s4 so I doubt it was/is Caldwell. Mitch had outside acting commitments during s4 and therefore would likely not have been in the running to replace Weir.
                          That's an interesting point.

If I recall correctly, he said that there were four candidates that they looked at? Or maybe four other candidates.

Although...maybe Caldwell was a candidate and his other commitments were one of the things that eliminated him from the running back then.
                          - Life after Stargate -
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                            That's an interesting point.

If I recall correctly, he said that there were four candidates that they looked at? Or maybe four other candidates.

Although...maybe Caldwell was a candidate and his other commitments were one of the things that eliminated him from the running back then.
                            I remember it being four aswell, and he said he wouldn't say who it was out of respect for the ones they didn't pick. It's hard to guess really. At that time SG-1 was just over so could one have been Daniel? Ellis had only been in First Strike too... so maybe that discounts him somewhat.

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
                              Well, it would be a bit weird for a Major to take command over Shep...But I wouldn't mind John taking over command and Lorne replacing him within the team...
                              that, theoretically, could work.

but lorne won't lead shep. that whole pesky rank thing

general jack - unlikely that rick will do it
                              general hamond - like they said, don has retired
                              general bauer - bad character
                              woolsey - a possibility, but he's been the 'arrogant buffoon that learns he's wrong' too many times to have any credibility with me
                              colonel dixon - actor is on Chuck
                              colonel reynolds - unknown
                              colonel makepeace - a traitor at the least, dead at the worst
                              colonel edwards (enemy mine) a graduate of the custer school of military tactics (screw the natives, let's get us our naqahdah), not a good character
                              colonel ellis - too adversarial and arrogant.
                              colonel caldwell - a possibility
                              colonel..russian guy, gary chalk - well i think he blew up in season 9 or 10 or hte Korlev

females????

beyond sam and weir, teyla, vala and janet, there are no good females that are even close to taking over the city. that's why i think it'll be a man and whomever said that capt porter was to balance out the ratio was right. she's being added just to keep it from being a male dominated show

the new boss will be a man.
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Daniel Jackson ? But then again Jack would rather Command Atlantis himself then let Daniel leave the Milky Way.

Comment

Working...
                                X