PDA

View Full Version : Carson Beckett in Season 5!

Briangate78
February 1st, 2008, 06:08 PM
So with Season 5 just around the corner and with all the teasers from the producers and even Paul Mcgillion about Carson returning, what do you want to see? Recurring? How many eps? What kind of role? Is there room for Carson?

Jumper_One
February 1st, 2008, 06:12 PM
I hope Carson will be a recurring character, 8+ eps should be ok imo

Briangate78
February 1st, 2008, 06:18 PM
I hope Carson will be a recurring character, 8+ eps should be ok imo

I would like to see more than half the episodes. I think Carson being killed off was the only mistake TPTB made with SGA. They are hopefully fixing this as we chat. ;)

Jumper_One
February 1st, 2008, 06:22 PM
I would like to see more than half the episodes. I think Carson being killed off was the only mistake TPTB made with SGA. They are hopefully fixing this as we chat. ;)

hence the '+'. maybe we'll know more on monday but remember Keller's still there and we may get another recurring character

Uncle Tobias
February 1st, 2008, 06:44 PM
I saw this topic and sort of jumped thinking it was news, haha.

Anyway, I'd like to see Carson as recurring or main cast again, and I think there's room for both him and Keller - they have two, now three (or only two again?) genius scientist characters, two alien warrior people, two team leaders if you count Lorne... wouldn't it make sense to have two Docs on a base the size of Atlantis anyway? :)

Jumper_One
February 1st, 2008, 06:48 PM

Anyway, I'd like to see Carson as recurring or main cast again, and I think there's room for both him and Keller - they have two, now three (or only two again?) genius scientist characters, two alien warrior people, two team leaders if you count Lorne... wouldn't it make sense to have two Docs on a base the size of Atlantis anyway? :)

they have three genius scientists ;) :D and yeah it would definitely make sense

Briangate78
February 1st, 2008, 06:48 PM

Hopefully it will be official on Monday! :p

methosivanhoe
February 1st, 2008, 06:50 PM
i'm hoping this will be made official, and Carson will return as a recurring character as head of genetic reserarch and CMO on Atlantis :D

M

Fenrir Foxz
February 1st, 2008, 06:53 PM
Hopefully it will be official on Monday! :p

*Fingers crossed :)*

i'm hoping this will be made official, and Carson will return as a recurring character as head of genetic reserarch and CMO on Atlantis :D

M

Yeah that would be great :)

suse
February 1st, 2008, 06:56 PM
*Fingers crossed :)*

Yeah that would be great :)

Joe pretty much said no in his January 31, 2008 blog. :S

I'd love Carson back, but I have yet to figure out a way that would not be utterly ridiculous to get the character back. He *exploded*.

suse

Jumper_One
February 1st, 2008, 06:57 PM

I'd love Carson back, but I have yet to figure out a way that would not be utterly ridiculous to get the character back. He *exploded*.

suse

do you mean this?

Aelfgyu writes: “Greyias and I have been discussing Carson’s return. […] We’ve finally worked it out, however. Prepare to be amazed!”

Answer: Brilliantly incorrect, yet amazing nevertheless!

Fenrir Foxz
February 1st, 2008, 07:06 PM

suse

Yeah I should have stated in my post... I knew it wasn't going to happen, but I still think it would be great if it did somehow :)

do you mean this?

:) Yeah that is what I read...

Jenner8675309
February 1st, 2008, 07:24 PM
From Joe's blog, hopefully Monday brings GREAT NEWS:

.........Now Mark is a guy who often bears the brunt of much of the fan anger whenever those ubiquitous letter-writing campaigns kicks into high gear. They killed off Beckett! It’s Mark Stern’s fault! They repainted the Atlantis gate room! It’s Mark Stern’s fault! My feet hurt! It’s Mark Stern’s fault! With no way of knowing what goes on behind the scenes, I suppose fans are always inclined to target the network as the bad guy - which is really a little short-sighted and unfair. In truth, Mark has been a big advocate of the show and his input and support have been instrumental in Atlantis’s continuing success, not to mention much-appreciated by the production. Oh, and just so you know, once that press release comes out on Monday - Mark played a big part in ensuring a certain character’s return to the ranks of the recurring.

Here's to hoping that a BIG hint from Joe!!!!

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/02/01/february-1-2008-my-only-note-on-your-script-iswhat-the-hell-were-you-thinking/

Uncle Tobias
February 1st, 2008, 07:27 PM
they have three genius scientists ;) :D and yeah it would definitely make sense

Yeah, I didn't mean that as an insult to Sam's character or anything, just that I don't know how much she'll be in 5/in what capacity since she doesn't get to do as much sciency stuff as leader.

Briangate78
February 1st, 2008, 08:26 PM
From Joe's blog, hopefully Monday brings GREAT NEWS:

Here's to hoping that a BIG hint from Joe!!!!

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/02/01/february-1-2008-my-only-note-on-your-script-iswhat-the-hell-were-you-thinking/

So Joe went from little teasers, to this Huge obvious one! LOL! It's gonna be a fine season next season for the Carson fans. :p

Pharaoh Atem
February 1st, 2008, 08:43 PM
So with Season 5 just around the corner and with all the teasers from the producers and even Paul Mcgillion about Carson returning, what do you want to see? Recurring? How many eps? What kind of role? Is there room for Carson?

i would have a hard time picturing him hanging around atlantis after the events of sunday. i mean would Atlantis have two head medical officers???

MediumMediumer
February 1st, 2008, 08:45 PM
Ok really. As much as I enjoyed him as a character, I've been known to complain about having TOO MANY unfinished plots. Bringing someone back from being blown up is a perfect example. I hope he stays deep in his grave in the homely Scottish soil on Earth.

Uncle Tobias
February 1st, 2008, 08:46 PM
i would have a hard time picturing him hanging around atlantis after the events of sunday. i mean would Atlantis have two head medical officers???

Well I don't know about the title of head officer, but I don't think having two experienced Doctors would hurt, I mean, one could go on missions/offworld, the other stay back in case of emergancies.

the fifth man
February 1st, 2008, 09:03 PM
Well I don't know about the title of head officer, but I don't think having two experienced Doctors would hurt, I mean, one could go on missions/offworld, the other stay back in case of emergancies.

Yeah, the two of them could alternate when it came to going on missions. I just want Carson back, any way possible.

Briangate78
February 1st, 2008, 09:16 PM

He is more than just a medical doctor. He is also a scientist that works in genetics and with DNA. Keller is just a medical doctor.

Of course not. It should be interesting. Plus Carson is a developed character, and quite frankly after what happened with Weir they could use a familar face around the base.

Yeah, the two of them could alternate when it came to going on missions. I just want Carson back, any way possible.

Yeah me too. After reading Joe M's blog it is going to happen and he will be recurring as well!

erb
February 1st, 2008, 09:35 PM
He is more than just a medical doctor. He is also a scientist that works in genetics and with DNA.

Plus Carson is a developed character,

You get no argument from me here.

I want my Carson!! And I hope I get lots of him!

Briangate78
February 1st, 2008, 09:44 PM
You get no argument from me here.

I want my Carson!! And I hope I get lots of him!

I think he will be in a lot of eps. When I mean a lot, I mean more than half of them for the season. He is such a well liked character. I also have hope for Weir to return for a few eps. I hope we can get some of those classic SGA moments. With Carson returning it will make things feel warmer and more entertaining, imo. :)

*Oda*
February 2nd, 2008, 05:19 AM
I think he will be in a lot of eps. When I mean a lot, I mean more than half of them for the season. He is such a well liked character. I also have hope for Weir to return for a few eps. I hope we can get some of those classic SGA moments. With Carson returning it will make things feel warmer and more entertaining, imo. :)

I agree. I want Carson back full time! In more than 10 epsiodes, that would be very cool. It sounds awful, but I don't care what they do to Keller -at all. :p

Leliana McKay
February 2nd, 2008, 07:36 AM
Yeah me too. After reading Joe M's blog it is going to happen and he will be recurring as well!

I re read JM's latest entry and agree...
Carson is gonna return!!

From Joe's blog:

Oh, and just so you know, once that press release comes out on Monday - Mark played a big part in ensuring a certain character’s return to the ranks of the recurring.

I am so hopefull!

Briangate78
February 2nd, 2008, 08:30 AM
Carson is gonna return!!

From Joe's blog:

I am so hopefull!

After all this crap with Carter and the new commander, we need some old blood to return and in more than just a few eps. It keeps the series warm, imo.

idlewild202
February 2nd, 2008, 10:22 AM
After all this crap with Carter and the new commander, we need some old blood to return and in more than just a few eps. It keeps the series warm, imo.I agree, Carson always added so much to the show, without him this season as just seemed off, good nonetheless... but very off.

Monday simply can't come fast enough! I want to hear it from the lips of the devil itself that Carson will be back!! :D

Bonbon
February 2nd, 2008, 12:09 PM
I could really give less than a crap about the outlook for s5 if Carson isn't in it. :| It's funny how it'll still be a stupid decision to have killed him off even a year and half later. That's pretty tough.

flameling
February 2nd, 2008, 02:58 PM
I could really give less than a crap about the outlook for s5 if Carson isn't in it. :| It's funny how it'll still be a stupid decision to have killed him off even a year and half later. That's pretty tough.

Agreed. We need Carson... now.

jelgate
February 2nd, 2008, 04:24 PM
Agreed. We need Carson... now.

Monday will turn this forum into chaos.

Jumper_One
February 2nd, 2008, 04:25 PM

:indeed:

Briangate78
February 2nd, 2008, 04:27 PM

I think I want to stay away on Monday! :lol:

Jumper_One
February 2nd, 2008, 04:28 PM
I think I want to stay away on Monday! :lol:

I don't :D

jelgate
February 2nd, 2008, 04:30 PM
Lucky for me school is done on noon on Mondays

Wraith_Boy
February 2nd, 2008, 04:35 PM
Carson is gonna return!!

From Joe's blog:

I am so hopefull!

While it could be contributed to Beckett coming back, it could just easily be referring to Weir coming back.

Which personally I think will end up being the case!

Seeing after 'BAMSR', I think Weir will get a few outings in S5, so right now, I see Mallozzi's comments being aimed at Weir coming back rather than Beckett.

I have my fingers crossed the real doc is finally coming home to Atlantis, but I'm not counting on it. Especially with Keller being confirmed as coming back as well in the new season.

Prepare for the worst; Hope for the best!!!!!!

This way, if he doesn't get the call, then I'm not gonna be in for a let down. However if he does come back, then I can get excited.

PG15
February 2nd, 2008, 04:45 PM
While it could be contributed to Beckett coming back, it could just easily be referring to Weir coming back.

Which personally I think will end up being the case!

You wanna bet?

Considering all the hints JM has strewn our way regarding Beckett on his blog, and the fact that Torri, at Pegasus 3, has said that she has not been asked back yet, I'm 99% certain that this person that's due to return is Beckett.

And dude, you really need to cut down on the exclaimation marks. ;)

Reiko
February 2nd, 2008, 04:50 PM

M

My fingers crossed for the same thing! Even if he is 'recurring' (and I still want him fulltime and in the credits), I bet 'recurring' will be like 'Season one recurring'. (Which, IMO he was pretty much a regular season one.)

So Joe went from little teasers, to this Huge obvious one! LOL! It's gonna be a fine season next season for the Carson fans. :p

Heck yes. With this new Porter-Potty character coming in Carson is my beacon of hope :P He can't keep me away.

After all this crap with Carter and the new commander, we need some old blood to return and in more than just a few eps. It keeps the series warm, imo.

Yay for warmness - in season four, it sems all familiarity is gone, and there were only I few episodes I truly enjoyed. Hopefully Weir will get 4+ eppies. And then she should return ful-time. TP should know by now that we really don't like new characters. (Except Ronon; I think that choice is rather well-accepted amoung fans.)

My super sexy six had awesome chemisty. Don't mess with it, TP or I will tear your eyes out like the killer in Black Christmas!

I agree. I want Carson back full time! In more than 10 epsiodes, that would be very cool. It sounds awful, but I don't care what they do to Keller -at all. :p

Wraith Potluck! :wraithanime11:

I agree, Carson always added so much to the show, without him this season as just seemed off, good nonetheless... but very off.

It's amazing what removing a more 'minor' character can do. Even with my doubts surrounding no Weir and the arrival of new commander and Porter-Potty, season five could be far better than season four.

Yay chaos. At least part of it is relieved with the news of Amanda leaving - nice to spread it out...

erb
February 2nd, 2008, 05:59 PM
Prepare for the worst; Hope for the best!!!!!!

This way, if he doesn't get the call, then I'm not gonna be in for a let down. However if he does come back, then I can get excited.

I'm trying not to get too excited, but with the hints Joe M. has thrown our way, it's hard. I don't merely want some Carson :beckett:; I want lots of Carson :beckett::beckett::beckett:for having to go without for so long. (Well...I'd want lots of Carson anyway, but this season has been torture.)

Fudgiepoos
February 3rd, 2008, 08:32 AM
I would like to see Carson back full time if possible. Killing him off was probably (in my view) the worst decision they have made with Atlantis.

If he is brought back, it would be interesting how him and Keller interact. Perhaps Carson will take a "mentor" role.

sueKay
February 3rd, 2008, 10:01 AM
Carson HAS to be in S5!!!

Not watching if he isn't, and it won't be a boycott - it'll be a lack on interest

Promethius30
February 3rd, 2008, 10:53 AM

lol you can say that again

Carson should be in season 5 but we will just have to wait and see

Lt. Colonel Cameron Mitchell
February 3rd, 2008, 10:59 AM
I just want him back as much as possible, Paul McGillion and the character of Beckett are brilliant and should be on the show and should never have been killed off. I want to see him in all 20 episodes.:beckett::beckett::beckett:

Mitchell82
February 3rd, 2008, 11:04 AM
lol you can say that again

Carson should be in season 5 but we will just have to wait and see

I predict a massive server overload and system crash on Monday.

Briangate78
February 3rd, 2008, 11:08 AM
I predict a massive server overload and system crash on Monday.

T-minus 10 hours! :S

Mitchell82
February 3rd, 2008, 11:10 AM

Worried you are hmm?;)

erb
February 3rd, 2008, 11:11 AM

You think we will hear early Monday rather than later in the day?

Briangate78
February 3rd, 2008, 11:13 AM
Worried you are hmm?;)

I am pretty sure Beckett has been sealed. It is way too obvious. I am concerned about the leadership position. It could be awesome or it could really suck. :S

You think we will hear early Monday rather than later in the day?

Well Sci Fi wire posts all the news for the day at 12am including SCI FI's top 10 ratings. So it is very likely. If not at 12am, defintley in the morning before noon.

Mitchell82
February 3rd, 2008, 11:17 AM
I am pretty sure Beckett has been sealed. It is way too obvious. I am concerned about the leadership position. It could be awesome or it could really suck. :S
Yeah I have the same concern however I do have faith in TPTB.

Well Sci Fi wire posts all the news for the day at 12am including SCI FI's top 10 ratings. So it is very likely. If not at 12am, definatly in the morning before noon.
Well I will definatly be checking at midnight.

Briangate78
February 3rd, 2008, 11:20 AM

So do I and I am tired of people saying TPTB treat the actors like garbage and whatnot. Why would they come back like many cast has done before. Not everything is about Money, they can make money anywhere with their talents. They have to be happy in a working envirornment, and would Paul McGillion truly come back if he was treated like dirt? It just makes me laugh. You just have to stay out of certain threads here, because it will drive you up a wall. TPTB don't always make the right decisions. Carson Beckett being one. I think he should of never been killed off, but they are fixing that problem. After reading Mark Stern was involved with his return, it goes to show the fans truly had a say or influence in that decision to bring him back recurring or at least we hope this will happen. :)

Briangate78
February 3rd, 2008, 11:26 AM

Well I will definatly be checking at midnight.

Yup right after the Giants win the Superbowl! :p

jelgate
February 3rd, 2008, 11:27 AM
Yup right after the Giants win the Superbowl! :pKeep on dreaming:P

Briangate78
February 3rd, 2008, 11:33 AM
Keep on dreaming:P

Please, the Giants losing is my least concern tonight. ;) I am more of a baseball fan! :p

jelgate
February 3rd, 2008, 11:39 AM
Please, the Giants losing is my least concern tonight. ;) I am more of a baseball fan! :pGo?* Tigers. I am 100% certain?* that Beckett will be back in some forn next season. I wonder how Keller and Beckett will interact.

erb
February 3rd, 2008, 11:41 AM
Why would they come back like many cast has done before. Not everything is about Money, they can make money anywhere with their talents. They have to be happy in a working envirornment, and would Paul McGillion truly come back if he was treated like dirt?

I don't think the opportunities are as limitless as you are suggesting, Brian, even without the writer's strike.

After reading Mark Stern was involved with his return, it goes to show the fans truly had a say or influence in that decision to bring him back recurring or at least we hope this will happen. :)

I have to admit I'm really curious about what exactly it was that Mark Stern did to "ensure" the return of whomever (looks to be Carson). Ensure sounds to me as if he did something more concrete other than just backing the returning character. Of course, I might be reading more into the word choice than is warranted. It's interesting he's being credited.

Mitchell82
February 3rd, 2008, 12:07 PM
So do I and I am tired of people saying TPTB treat the actors like garbage and whatnot. Why would they come back like many cast has done before. Not everything is about Money, they can make money anywhere with their talents. They have to be happy in a working envirornment, and would Paul McGillion truly come back if he was treated like dirt? It just makes me laugh. You just have to stay out of certain threads here, because it will drive you up a wall. TPTB don't always make the right decisions. Carson Beckett being one. I think he should of never been killed off, but they are fixing that problem. After reading Mark Stern was involved with his return, it goes to show the fans truly had a say or influence in that decision to bring him back recurring or at least we hope this will happen. :)
Agreed. No one ever knows what causes actors to leave but they wouldn't come back if things were that bad.

Reiko
February 3rd, 2008, 01:19 PM
Agreed. No one ever knows what causes actors to leave but they wouldn't come back if things were that bad.

And if they were, I'd trust the actor to make a smart decision. They're very smart people. :cool:

Briangate78
February 5th, 2008, 10:33 AM
So it's official. 5 eps!? I was hoping for a few more.

Pharaoh Atem
February 5th, 2008, 10:34 AM
So it's official. 5 eps!? I was hoping for a few more.

better then nothing

Briangate78
February 5th, 2008, 10:56 AM
better then nothing

Yup. Good point.

Amalthea
February 5th, 2008, 11:02 AM
5 episodes in a season of 20 is really good. Especially for a character they killed off! It's a quarter of a season. Be happy! :beckett:

SGFerrit
February 5th, 2008, 11:06 AM
Great IMO, not too few and not too many, a nice, round number:)

Well, it's not exactly a round number, but you know what I mean. It's a quarter of the season! That's good:)

sueKay
February 5th, 2008, 11:13 AM
bit miffed, but still think it's good news

Seftrex
February 5th, 2008, 11:22 AM
Great IMO, not too few and not too many, a nice, round number:)

Well, it's not exactly a round number, but you know what I mean. It's a quarter of the season! That's good:)

Lets just hope they don't decide to kill him again at the end of those five.

*Prepares for the episode "Monday" *

FoolishPleasure
February 5th, 2008, 11:24 AM
TPTB have been leading the fans on for months about Carson, with JM even giving Mark Shyster Stern credit for "resurrecting a certain character".

Then we get 5 out of 20 episodes? What a slap in the face to the loyal fans!

Briangate78
February 5th, 2008, 11:26 AM
Lets just hope they don't decide to kill him again at the end of those five.

*Prepares for the episode "Monday" *

I don't think they would put the fans through that again, no matter how desperate for ratings they are. :S

TPTB have been leading the fans on for months about Carson, with JM even giving Mark Shyster Stern credit for "resurrecting a certain character".

Well I did not expect full-time or even over 10 eps! I was hoping for like 8 to 10 eps. Maybe they might add more since they are still writing the back half of the season.

Fenrir Foxz
February 5th, 2008, 11:31 AM
Well I did not expect full-time or even over 10 eps! I was hoping for like 8 to 10 eps. Maybe they might add more since they are still writing the back half of the season.

Yeah there is still the possibility of that happening ;)

Chailyn
February 5th, 2008, 11:33 AM
Only 5 eps?? :(

What a disappointing day. I feel like making a t-shirt: "I loyally sat through season 4 and all I got were 5 lousy Carson eps."

Willow'sCat
February 5th, 2008, 11:34 AM

Then we get 5 out of 20 episodes? What a slap in the face to the loyal fans!It is not the tptb fault some fans get carried away.:cool: Where did tptb say Carson would come back full time? Would be unharmed by his experience and take back off from where he started as CMO?

I never for one moment thought Carson could be in more then a handful of eps.

Honestly the man has been imprisoned *if spoilers are correct* he is hardly going to just get straight back to being the CMO!
Anyway let this be a lesson to peeps be careful what you wish for, you just might get it. You wanted him back he is back... no pleasing some.:S

jenks
February 5th, 2008, 11:37 AM

Carson blew up in season 3, you don't think that bringing him back for 7 eps is "resurrecting a certain character"?

FoolishPleasure
February 5th, 2008, 11:56 AM
It is not the tptb fault some fans get carried away.:cool: Where did tptb say Carson would come back full time? Would be unharmed by his experience and take back off from where he started as CMO?

I never for one moment thought Carson could be in more then a handful of eps.

Honestly the man has been imprisoned *if spoilers are correct* he is hardly going to just get straight back to being the CMO!
Anyway let this be a lesson to peeps be careful what you wish for, you just might get it. You wanted him back he is back... no pleasing some.:S

Well, over on ST:TNG, Picard was integrated into the Borg collective, and still returned later to command, so. . . .yeah, I want Beckett back full time. Keller just grates on me and it has reached the point where I don't listen to her, and even leave the room when she starts babbling about how awful her life has been. No, I will NOT be watching Trio this week, because she is in it. That is how much I can't stand one character, and want another back.

Jumper_One
February 5th, 2008, 12:39 PM

Joe never said 'resurrecting a certain character'. check out his blog

Mark played a big part in ensuring a certain character’s return to the ranks of the recurring.

Well, over on ST:TNG, Picard was integrated into the Borg collective, and still returned later to command, so. . . .yeah, I want Beckett back full time. Keller just grates on me and it has reached the point where I don't listen to her, and even leave the room when she starts babbling about how awful her life has been. No, I will NOT be watching Trio this week, because she is in it. That is how much I can't stand one character, and want another back.

why do you compare Picard with Beckett. he was Locutus for the better part of two eps and those happen to be the season finale and premiere. totally different suituation

FoolishPleasure
February 5th, 2008, 12:52 PM
Joe never said 'resurrecting a certain character'. check out his blog

You are quibbling over semantics. JM said Mark Stern was responsible for bringing back a character. There are lots of words to express that.

why do you compare Picard with Beckett. he was Locutus for the better part of two eps and those happen to be the season finale and premiere. totally different suituation

Because Willows Cat said Beckett had been a prisoner and would hardly be in any condition to be CMO again. I pointed out that Picard (In STTNG) had been completely, physically changed to another creature, but was back in his old job within a few episodes. IF the writers want to put a character back, they CAN. In this case (Beckett), they chose to leave us with crybaby Keller instead of returning Beckett where he should have been all along.

Mitchell82
February 5th, 2008, 12:55 PM
You are quibbling over semantics. JM said Mark Stern was responsible for bringing back a character. There are lots of words to express that.

Because Willows Cat said Beckett had been a prisoner and would hardly be in any condition to be CMO again. I pointed out that Picard (In STTNG) had been completely, physically changed to another creature, but was back in his old job within a few episodes. IF the writers want to put a character back, they CAN. In this case (Beckett), they chose to leave us with crybaby Keller instead of returning Beckett where he should have been all along.
This is the only way it could be done. I'm glad Carson is returning just as much as Keller is staying.

Jumper_One
February 5th, 2008, 12:56 PM

right but he never said that Beckett would be a regular. that's actually my whole point

oh ok. well yeah of course TBTB CAN if they want but they chose otherwise. can't do much about that now

GateLadyM
February 5th, 2008, 01:08 PM
The question in my mind is, why do TPTB think Keller is such an improvement over Carson? I'm completely puzzled by this.

Mitchell82
February 5th, 2008, 01:30 PM
The question in my mind is, why do TPTB think Keller is such an improvement over Carson? I'm completely puzzled by this.

Same reason that some fans like her while others don't. It's all a matter of perspective and opinion.

nx01a
February 5th, 2008, 03:34 PM
TPTB made the idiotic mistake of killing him and replacing him with cute fluffer Dr Firefly. Don't bring him back like a carrot on a string for fans now. At least he died a hero, don't ruin it.

And who was he a prisoner of?! Now I'm gonna be thinking about this...:(

doylefan22
February 5th, 2008, 03:39 PM

I don't think they necessarily do but I really couldn't see them just writing Jewel out the show/firing her the instant Beckett came back.

Even if the character is overwhelmingly bland and uninteresting.

Hey, I'm sitting in the camp of 'they guy blew up so I'm just glad to see him back at all!'. More episodes would have been nice (I was hoping for 8-10) but it's still a quarter of the season and there is always the small possibility that that count can go up as they complete the second half of the season.

Honestly I think that in a way having Carson back is just going to highlight Keller's weaknesses as a character when his few appearances likely outshine her regular/semi-regular status so they're not really doing her any favours.

Platschu
February 5th, 2008, 03:43 PM
2. The beloved Dr. Carson Beckett returns for five episodes!

It’s impossible to write “Dr. Carson Beckett” without using the term “beloved” I’ve noticed. Anyway, yes, it’s true, Paul McGillion will be back with us for 5 episodes. It was great having him back on set in season 4 and we all look forward to seeing significantly more of him this year. “How is this possible?”you ask. “I thought he was dead!”you say. Hey, now that you mention it, he WAS dead! How does that work? Well, tune in to the last few episode of season 4 to find out.

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/02/05/february-5-2008-extra-extra-read-all-about-it/

Myles
February 5th, 2008, 03:45 PM
I don't think they necessarily do but I really couldn't see them just writing Jewel out the show/firing her the instant Beckett came back.

Even if the character is overwhelmingly bland and uninteresting.

Hey, I'm sitting in the camp of 'the guy blew up so I'm just glad to see him back at all!'. More episodes would have been nice (I was hoping for 8-10) but it's still a quarter of the season and there is always the small possibility that that count can go up as they complete the second half of the season.

Honestly I think that in a way having Carson back is just going to highlight Keller's weaknesses as a character when his few appearances likely outshine her regular/semi-regular status so they're not really doing her any favours.

Well it's good at least you appreciate seeing him back.

To the rest of you, come on, you get the character you've been clamoring for and instead of being happy you complain that he's only in 1/4 of the season? TPTB could leave him dead and you could have nothing.

Killdeer
February 5th, 2008, 04:21 PM
Well, it's been built up with tons of hints for weeks now. I think many of us thought that he was coming back anywhere from at the least 8 episodes to full-time at the most. 5 eps is a little disappointing after having your expectations up so high.

That being said, I am glad we're getting those 5 episodes. I just was expecting more, and now have to adjust my expectations. :S

Platschu
February 5th, 2008, 04:35 PM
If there is a season 6, maybe he will return for more episode. :)

So Beckett will be in 5 episode. I am 100% sure that he will be 5x20, because it will be the 100th episode. :)

Jumper_One
February 5th, 2008, 04:41 PM
If there is a season 6, maybe he will return for more episode. :)

So Beckett will be in 5 episode. I am 100% sure that he will be 5x20, because it will be the 100th episode. :)

Beckett's a recurring character in s5. I'm pretty sure we'll see more of him if the show gets picked up

cshawzye
February 5th, 2008, 05:00 PM
Well, it's been built up with tons of hints for weeks now. I think many of us thought that he was coming back anywhere from at the least 8 episodes to full-time at the most. 5 eps is a little disappointing after having your expectations up so high. That's just it. It's been so built up by a lot of different sources, so much so that five episodes ends feeling like kind of a slap in the face. It's not, it's definitely a great thing that he's coming back. TPTB didn't have to go that far at all. I know the episodes haven't aired yet but I'm assuming that they could've left it with the Kindered. So I'm glad he's going to be back at all.

Though, I'm interested to see the kind of stories he's going to get. I hope that they're going to give him something really substantial to do. Hopefully his appearances are more than him just standing around as wallpaper or set deco.

Briangate78
February 5th, 2008, 05:18 PM
If it makes you feel better, Keller will have only been in 10 eps this season. One of those eps she wasn't even playing the real Keller. So Carson is not that far off. They could also be setting him up for a bigger role in Season 6.

miss_kaylee
February 5th, 2008, 05:21 PM
If it makes you feel better, Keller will have only been in 10 eps this season. One of those eps she wasn't even playing the real Keller. So Carson is not that far off. They could also be setting him up for a bigger role in Season 6.
Thank you, Brian. I enjoy your post and hope that your are right about setting him up for season six.

Briangate78
February 5th, 2008, 05:27 PM
Thank you, Brian. I enjoy your post and hope that your are right about setting him up for season six.

I can tell you from the numbers I have seen from SCI FI and other sources, Season 6 looks to be very bright. I just hope the cost does not get too high and they pull a SG-1. :S

Jumper_One

are you sure? I thought she'd be in 11 eps

Killdeer

Yeah, it's 11.

Jumper_One
February 5th, 2008, 05:29 PM
Yeah, it's 11.

Briangate78
February 5th, 2008, 05:33 PM

Yeah, it's 11.

Well actually it's really 10, Because she was not really Keller in one episode. ;)

Jumper_One
February 5th, 2008, 05:34 PM
Well actually it's really 10, Because she was not really Keller in one episode. ;)

yeah I know but JS appeared in 11 eps

Killdeer
February 5th, 2008, 05:34 PM

:rolleyes: Fine. Jewel Staite was in 11 episodes. :D

joebags
February 5th, 2008, 05:41 PM
If it makes you feel better, Keller will have only been in 10 eps this season.

That's 9 too many.

idlewild202
February 5th, 2008, 05:47 PM
That's 9 too many.Amen to that!

kimaken
February 5th, 2008, 07:14 PM
Well, it's been built up with tons of hints for weeks now. I think many of us thought that he was coming back anywhere from at the least 8 episodes to full-time at the most. 5 eps is a little disappointing after having your expectations up so high.

That being said, I am glad we're getting those 5 episodes. I just was expecting more, and now have to adjust my expectations. :S

Well, I'm glad he's back at all. Since he was the reason I watched this show (although I have not watched since "Sunday" and only plan to watch his two eps this season), I'll watch the forum to find out which eps he'll be in so i can tune in for those. I used to love this show back in S1 and S2 and hate what it's become.

Mitchell82
February 5th, 2008, 07:16 PM
yeah I know but JS appeared in 11 eps

I wonder how many in season 5?

Jumper_One
February 5th, 2008, 07:19 PM
I wonder how many in season 5?

where does recurring end and regular begin? I guess she'll be in about 14 eps, much like Carter in s4

Mitchell82
February 5th, 2008, 07:20 PM
where does recurring end and regular begin? I guess she'll be in about 14 eps, much like Carter in s4

Good question. Lets ask Jelgate he knows everything.;)

Jumper_One
February 5th, 2008, 07:22 PM

jelgate? :rolleyes: :P

Briangate78
February 5th, 2008, 07:33 PM

Wasn't Carson like Full-time in Season 2 or 3, and only had like 12 or 14 eps?

jelgate
February 5th, 2008, 07:35 PM
where does recurring end and regular begin? I guess she'll be in about 14 eps, much like Carter in s4When you appear in the main credits;)

Mitchell82
February 5th, 2008, 07:35 PM

According to the press release he was in 16 of season one and around the same for seasons 2 and 3 but I know that's wrong.

Jumper_One
February 5th, 2008, 07:36 PM

yup, so there you go. it doesn't mean anything that Keller's a regular. she'll be in mabye 1 or 2 more eps than in s4. so what?

Jumper_One
February 5th, 2008, 07:36 PM
When you appear in the main credits;)

true but I was talking about the amount of eps ;)

Mitchell82
February 5th, 2008, 07:37 PM
yup, so there you go. it doesn't mean anything that Keller's a regular. she'll be in mabye 1 or 2 more eps than in s4. so what?

Don't give the Keller haters more reason to do so.;)

Jumper_One
February 5th, 2008, 07:38 PM
Don't give the Keller haters more reason to do so.;)

I'm just saying Keller doesn't have to appear in a LOT more eps just because she's a regular

Mitchell82
February 5th, 2008, 07:39 PM
I'm just saying Keller doesn't have to appear in a LOT more eps just because she's a regular

I know I just know how a simple "so what" can be taken out of context.

PG15
February 6th, 2008, 07:38 PM
New info:

Thornyrose writes: “You’ve indicated McGillion is onboard for 5 episodes. Do you already have outlines for those stories, or are you planning to write the scripts now that you know you have the character?”

Answer: One of Beckett’s appearances has already been scripted. Another two have been outlined and about to be written. And, at this point, we have a vague idea for two more.

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/02/06/february-6-2008-cookie-monster-reviews-snakes-on-a-plane-baron-destructo-reviews-no-country-for-old-men/

Jumper_One
February 6th, 2008, 07:40 PM
5 eps it is :D

Fenrir Foxz
February 6th, 2008, 08:42 PM
5 eps it is :D

Yup :D Sounds fantastic...

Reiko
February 6th, 2008, 08:49 PM
That's just it. It's been so built up by a lot of different sources, so much so that five episodes ends feeling like kind of a slap in the face. It's not, it's definitely a great thing that he's coming back. TPTB didn't have to go that far at all. I know the episodes haven't aired yet but I'm assuming that they could've left it with the Kindered. So I'm glad he's going to be back at all.

I felt the same thing; Im glad for five episodes but it's certainly not enough especially with Keller around :S Especially with all the hype around this, the outcome was rather dismal for me IMO.

the fifth man
February 6th, 2008, 08:49 PM
I just can't wait to see Carson again. I've really missed his character.

Briangate78
February 6th, 2008, 08:51 PM
I just can't wait to see Carson again. I've really missed his character.

Same here. Also to make people feel a little better. When " The Kindred" is about to air, Carson will be in 7 out of the next 23 episodes. That is not bad at all.

Fenrir Foxz
February 6th, 2008, 08:55 PM
Same here. Also to make people feel a little better. When " The Kindred" is about to air, Carson will be in 7 out of the next 23 episodes. That is not bad at all.

Definately a positive if ever I did see one :D

Jeff O'Connor
February 7th, 2008, 04:57 AM
Definately a positive if ever I did see one :D

Agreed!

Jumper_One
February 7th, 2008, 05:38 PM
from JM's blog

Thefamousseccles writes: “If all five episodes have been written, and a sixth brilliant idea comes up, is there any possibility of more than five Beckett episodes?”

Answer: Of course.

Briangate78
February 9th, 2008, 07:22 AM
Looking forward to scenes like this next season...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rumnO0sxjIQ&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-UjfmR-YoI&feature=related

metabog
February 9th, 2008, 07:43 AM
Regular means she will get more attention. I hope she does, I liked her in Trio a lot (and I like her character in general). I just don't get it, is she with Ronon or Rodney now... :S

Jumper_One
February 9th, 2008, 03:57 PM
Regular means she will get more attention. I hope she does, I liked her in Trio a lot (and I like her character in general). I just don't get it, is she with Ronon or Rodney now... :S

you realize this is pro Beckett thread right? ;) anyway, from JM's blog

Taz writes: “I thought Ronon and Keller were dating since Quarantine.”

Answer: There has been no development on the Ronon-Keller front since the events of Quarantine. She’s still single.

jenks
February 9th, 2008, 07:55 PM

Probably neither.

Mitchell82
February 9th, 2008, 07:57 PM
Probably neither.

Agreed.

Killdeer
February 9th, 2008, 08:06 PM
Probably neither.

I agree, she's not with either one.

Briangate78
February 9th, 2008, 08:07 PM
Keller is with me! :p

Jumper_One
February 9th, 2008, 08:11 PM
Keller is with me! :p

:lol:

the fifth man
February 9th, 2008, 08:27 PM
Maybe Keller will go after Beckett when he returns.;)

Jumper_One
February 9th, 2008, 08:30 PM

hahahaha ye think? :P

the fifth man
February 9th, 2008, 08:53 PM
hahahaha ye think? :P

Hey, anything is possible at this point.

*Oda*
February 11th, 2008, 01:54 PM
Sssshhh...don't say that, it might come true. :S

JohnRico
February 11th, 2008, 01:56 PM
Do we know if Carson will at least be back on Atlantis full time at least ? We wont see him alot but it would be nice to just know hes there. Like in Season 1

Jumper_One
February 11th, 2008, 01:58 PM
Do we know if Carson will at least be back on Atlantis full time at least ? We wont see him alot but it would be nice to just know hes there. Like in Season 1

he'll be in 5 eps, as a recurring character

Mitchell82
February 11th, 2008, 02:29 PM

Oh my the forum will explode and not in a good way if that happens.

JohnRico
February 11th, 2008, 05:11 PM
he'll be in 5 eps, as a recurring character

But will Carson when he is not around at least be on the base ? Or does the team go Off World for those 5 episodes & Rodney can be like "Oh hey its Carson lets go say hey"

Jumper_One
February 11th, 2008, 05:12 PM
But will Carson when he is not around at least be on the base ? Or does the team go Off World for those 5 episodes & Rodney can be like "Oh hey its Carson lets go say hey"

we don't know

JohnRico
February 11th, 2008, 05:13 PM
we don't know

I just hope they dont have to keep rescuing him during the five episodes thatd get boring

Jumper_One
February 11th, 2008, 05:21 PM
I just hope they dont have to keep rescuing him during the five episodes thatd get boring

I don't think so. they'll get him back to Atlantis in The Kindred, I don't believe he'll go missing again - at least not in s5 imo

Briangate78
February 11th, 2008, 05:28 PM
Carson will be in at least the next 7 out of 24 episodes!

Jumper_One
February 11th, 2008, 05:29 PM

yup :D

Fenrir Foxz
February 11th, 2008, 05:32 PM

Yup... looking forward to that! :D

Mitchell82
February 11th, 2008, 06:37 PM
Yup... looking forward to that! :D

Me too.

PG15
February 22nd, 2008, 03:50 PM
From Paul McGillion:

TrekMovie.com: Regarding season five, I understand you start shooting soon. What can you tell us about that and are your episodes bunched up or spread out?

Paul McGillion: I can’t tell you anything about season five because I really don’t know that much about what they have planned. I just got the first draft of the first script and they might kill me again if I tell you [laughs] I will be back for at least five episodes and I believe it will be peppered throughout the year, they will not be consecutive.

http://trekmovie.com/2008/02/22/exclusive-paul-mcgillion-talks-star-trek-and-gate/

Jumper_One
February 22nd, 2008, 03:59 PM
From Paul McGillion:

http://trekmovie.com/2008/02/22/exclusive-paul-mcgillion-talks-star-trek-and-gate/

thanks dude :) that's good news, I guess we'll see Carson every four eps

Briangate78
February 22nd, 2008, 04:00 PM
I like how Paul said At least 5 eps! I hope if the script calls for it, they'll have him in more eps. :)

Fenrir Foxz
February 22nd, 2008, 04:02 PM
I like how Paul said At least 5 eps! I hope if the script calls for it, they'll have him in more eps. :)

Fingers crossed *Jonas style* :P
To keep Micheal from abducting Beckett again :P

Jumper_One
February 22nd, 2008, 04:17 PM

yeah I noticed that too :D let's hope he's reight ;)

Lone Wolf
February 23rd, 2008, 07:27 AM
I have an idea regarding that:

Since Jewel Staite is going to be a regular in season 5 I was thinking maybe she gets assigned to Sheppard`s team turning it into a 5-man-team (even replacing Teyla until she can be back in action, kind of like Vala in season 9 and 10) and maybe Carson will go back to being the head of the medical staff on Atlantis and recurring like he was in seasons 1 and 2.

Reiko
February 23rd, 2008, 03:57 PM

No! Hell no! I hate Keller with Ronon and I hate her with Rodney but I will gladly give her to one of them if it keeps her away from my Carson! -waves p90 in Keller's face-

Hopefully! And then maybe he could be a regular again in season six. (Though at this rate I doubt theres gonna be one.) And thats my cue to leave - I shall save the Mallozzi-dissing for somewhere else. ;)

Jumper_One
February 23rd, 2008, 05:33 PM
Hopefully! And then maybe he could be a regular again in season six.

that'd be great but I think he'll still be a recurring character in s6 but with a lot more eps ;)

(Though at this rate I doubt theres gonna be one.) And thats my cue to leave - I shall save the Mallozzi-dissing for somewhere else. ;)

are you kidding??? have you seen the ratings?

Briangate78
February 24th, 2008, 07:44 AM
No! Hell no! I hate Keller with Ronon and I hate her with Rodney but I will gladly give her to one of them if it keeps her away from my Carson! -waves p90 in Keller's face-

Hopefully! And then maybe he could be a regular again in season six. (Though at this rate I doubt theres gonna be one.) And thats my cue to leave - I shall save the Mallozzi-dissing for somewhere else. ;)

I see you've been hanging around the Anti thread too much. ;) :p LOL J/k! Season 6 is very possible. They renewed the show based on S3.5 ratings and S4.0 ratings, Now the show is doing even better. I've seen a lot of the numbers. The show is up by about 300,000 "live" viewers from the beginning of the season. The show is averaging about 700,000 more viewers than the network's primetime average.

Anyway getting back on topic. Carson will be in a decent amount of eps, which I heard his first episode is likely around the 4th or 5th episode. So if you think about it, it is more like 5/15! I think of S6 is picked up, they will give him an even bigger role, like maybe 10 eps or so. Let's hope.

Reiko
February 24th, 2008, 03:34 PM
I see you've been hanging around the Anti thread too much. ;) :p LOL J/k! Season 6 is very possible.
<snippage>
Anyway getting back on topic. Carson will be in a decent amount of eps, which I heard his first episode is likely around the 4th or 5th episode. So if you think about it, it is more like 5/15! I think of S6 is picked up, they will give him an even bigger role, like maybe 10 eps or so. Let's hope.

Yeah, those Anti's are a bad influence :P

I'm just still a little moody about ... well, in Carson's words, what's taking so long. They killed the man off in a stupid way for a stupid reason, then the fans were going to eat Bridge studios, then there was the letters and the bagpipes and the rally and the press coverage and then Mallozzi and his chocolate-filled creative decision meetings.

I knew he wouldn't be back much in season four and I'm happy for these two. But after all that trouble and the baiting I really expected he would reurn as regular or 10-ep recurring in season five.

Briangate78
February 24th, 2008, 07:34 PM
Yeah, those Anti's are a bad influence :P

I'm just still a little moody about ... well, in Carson's words, what's taking so long. They killed the man off in a stupid way for a stupid reason, then the fans were going to eat Bridge studios, then there was the letters and the bagpipes and the rally and the press coverage and then Mallozzi and his chocolate-filled creative decision meetings.

I knew he wouldn't be back much in season four and I'm happy for these two. But after all that trouble and the baiting I really expected he would reurn as regular or 10-ep recurring in season five.

One or two folks has it out for me. The rest are cool though, but I just stay away.

Um as per Carson. I think 5 eps is ok, it is also not written in stone. There could be another one or two added if the script calls for it. I do think if S6 is picked up, Carson will have an even bigger role.

Darkglasses
February 24th, 2008, 07:42 PM
I wish they would leave Beckett's character dead and not bring him back, but if he must return, 5 episodes is waaaaaaaaaaaay too many.

keller FTW.

I honestly can't understand why so many fans have obsessed over Carson...

PG15
February 27th, 2008, 09:20 PM
Hey, look at who dropped by the studio today!

http://josephmallozzi.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/dsc04996.jpg

From: http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/02/27/february-27-2008-just-the-highlights/

Also, some stuff about Carson:

- Said hello Paul McGillion back who dropped by the production offices on his way to his wardrobe fitting for The Seed. I pitched him Whispers. He was predictably delighted at the prospect of being stranded off-world with an all-female team.

Detox
February 27th, 2008, 11:08 PM
Hey, look at who dropped by the studio today!

http://josephmallozzi.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/dsc04996.jpg

From: http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/02/27/february-27-2008-just-the-highlights/

Also, some stuff about Carson:

It would seem like he'd return to some form of active duty.

wheresmyfroggy
February 28th, 2008, 12:40 AM
It would seem like he'd return to some form of active duty.

You'd think Carson would have learned his lesson and stop making house calls. ;) I guess not...

Briangate78
February 28th, 2008, 06:38 AM
Yup, looks like Carson is going to back to his old self, I was worried about him not being himself.

Reiko
February 28th, 2008, 07:15 PM
II honestly can't understand why so many fans have obsessed over Carson...

Well, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, but have you seen all of his episodes? Really, he's a great character as well as Paul a great actor :D His accent + kindheartedness + warm smile + 'dear' and 'love' = me melted into puddle of goo :o

Yup, looks like Carson is going to back to his old self, I was worried about him not being himself.

Same here, I think for me this confirms he's him in Kindred II :P Though I'm concerned about how the writers will write him being offworld with a bunch of women - it's not the situation (god knows I envy those women :D ), but rather the current record tptb have with frat boy humour. I can't see Carson encouraging them to flash at kiddies or make sexist comments and I definately don't want to see that! Him being the only reason I'm watching Season Five thats my biggest worry here.

Especially with the women in question. Teyla, Weir and Carter are all very mature people. You can have subtext there in which you can interpret how you want... But then there is the current writing record plus the fresh 'hot' imports of Keller, Vega and Porter and that's a recipe for disater :(

Darkglasses
February 28th, 2008, 10:44 PM
[FONT="Georgia"]

Well, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, but have you seen all of his episodes? Really, he's a great character as well as Paul a great actor :D His accent + kindheartedness + warm smile + 'dear' and 'love' = me melted into puddle of goo :o

Ok so maybe I was a bit harsh, he was a decent character, but I personally think he was over-used in the first 3 seasons and I object to bringing back a DEAD character.

PG15
March 23rd, 2008, 07:35 PM
Sort-of-an update:

Squall78 writes: “Does it look like there will be any more eps besides the original 5 for the beloved Carson Beckett.”

Answer: It’s too early to say at this point.

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/03/23/march-23-2008-my-craptastic-dinner-at-diva-at-the-met/

Briangate78
March 23rd, 2008, 07:40 PM
Cool, he answered my question. So it looks like there is still a chance and it is something they might be thinking about. I was hoping for 5 eps, then 1 more being the season finale.

Killdeer
April 4th, 2008, 03:25 PM
Stargate Solutions has posted an article taken from April's issue of TVZone Magazine, talking with Paul McGillion about his return to Atlantis to shoot Kindred, and his return for at least 5 episodes in Season 5. There are spoilers for the S5 episodes The Seed and Whispers in the article.

http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/blog/?p=1234

A small excerpt, talking about shooting The Seed:

The crew as always was fantastic and welcomed me back with open arms, as did the cast. I could tell it was back to work like old times because of the constant taunting back and forth between Hewlett, Flanigan, Momoa and myself, which makes for good times.

Briangate78
April 4th, 2008, 03:29 PM
I'm hoping Joe M will soon annouce a 6th and even a 7th episode for Carson next season.

Jumper_One
April 4th, 2008, 03:39 PM
I'm hoping Joe M will soon annouce a 6th and even a 7th episode for Carson next season.

LOL I thought you were talking about s6 and s7 :D anyway I think there's a good chance that Carson's in another ep

Reiko
April 4th, 2008, 04:01 PM
Stargate Solutions has posted an article taken from April's issue of TVZone Magazine, talking with Paul McGillion about his return to Atlantis to shoot Kindred, and his return for at least 5 episodes in Season 5. There are spoilers for the S5 episodes The Seed and Whispers in the article.

http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/blog/?p=1234

A small excerpt, talking about shooting The Seed:

.: *squee* Thanks for posting that, Killdeer! Made my day :D

Mitchell82
April 4th, 2008, 04:39 PM
LOL I thought you were talking about s6 and s7 :D anyway I think there's a good chance that Carson's in another ep

Why can't we have both?

Jumper_One
April 4th, 2008, 04:56 PM
Why can't we have both?

s6 and s7 and more Carson? sure :P

leeman15251
April 7th, 2008, 07:36 AM

I'm just happy to see him back.

Briangate78
April 7th, 2008, 07:41 AM
Why can't we have both?

s6 and s7 and more Carson? sure :P

LOL, anything is possible. I gotta say that Season 6 is likely in the bag. Season 7? Well have to see how Season 5 does. :p

I'm just happy to see him back.

Yup, exactly. :)

Mitchell82
April 7th, 2008, 12:54 PM
LOL, anything is possible. I gotta say that Season 6 is likely in the bag. Season 7? Well have to see how Season 5 does. :p
Hopefully it does well.

Briangate78
April 7th, 2008, 12:56 PM
Hopefully it does well.

People are already distorting the facts about what Brad Wright said about SGU and SGA. He said he hinted about waiting for SGA to end before starting SGU. But if it came to producing 40eps a year they would do it.

Fenrir Foxz
April 7th, 2008, 01:00 PM
People are already distorting the facts about what Brad Wright said about SGU and SGA. He said he hinted about waiting for SGA to end before starting SGU. But if it came to producing 40eps a year they would do it.

Yeah well I cannot see a reason why they wouldn't do it if SGA is successful over the next season, TPTB have done 40eps before and they have the experience of that to work from so I wouldn't think there will be much (if any) quality loss...

Jumper_One
April 7th, 2008, 01:33 PM

slightly OT but it'd be stupid for SCI FI to cancel Atlantis. I mean BSG will air for another 9 weeks and that'll be it until march/april 2009. there aren't any other shows with such a potential (yes I'm deliberately forgetting GHI ;)) and fanbase. the numbers show that people are very interested in Atlantis, possibly even more than s3!

Fenrir Foxz
April 7th, 2008, 02:51 PM
slightly OT but it'd be stupid for SCI FI to cancel Atlantis. I mean BSG will air for another 9 weeks and that'll be it until march/april 2009. there aren't any other shows with such a potential (yes I'm deliberately forgetting GHI ;)) and fanbase. the numbers show that people are very interested in Atlantis, possibly even more than s3!

And time will tell whether bringing back Beckett and his 5(+) episodes will boost SGA further in S5 :D

Jumper_One
April 7th, 2008, 04:24 PM
And time will tell whether bringing back Beckett and his 5(+) episodes will boost SGA further in S5 :D

I think it will :)

Briangate78
June 4th, 2008, 06:54 AM
Carson is supposed to be getting some nice scenes with Mckay, Sheppard, and Keller according to multiple interviews and sources (I am not citing them, my word should be good enough). There is nothing meaty yet with Teyla according to Joe M, but he has only filmed two eps, with many more to go.

Reiko
June 4th, 2008, 09:01 AM
» I want my Carson/Teyla :P

» Paws off, Keller, he's mine :D

Briangate78
June 4th, 2008, 09:09 AM
» I want my Carson/Teyla :P

» Paws off, Keller, he's mine :D

LOL, don't worry Keller will have her mind on Ronon and Mckay. :p

jelgate
June 4th, 2008, 03:07 PM
I don't know. A Beckett/Keller makes sense. They have similiar personalities.

No, I am not saying this annoy Reiko:P

Briangate78
July 4th, 2008, 06:26 PM
Carson Beckett's 5 episodes for Season 5...

502 - The Seed
507 - Whispers
513 - Outsiders
518 - Identity

and dah dah dah....

520 - "100th episode"

Kezia
July 4th, 2008, 06:42 PM
nice even spread across the season :D

Briangate78
July 4th, 2008, 07:05 PM
nice even spread across the season :D

Yup! Totally agree.

GateofDOOM
July 4th, 2008, 08:55 PM
I reallly hope Carson and Michael get to interact in an episode this year.
If not, I suppose it can happen in season six, although that would be a long time to wait.

There's got to be some fallout from this clone and imprisonment thing that's happened!

Please?

PG15
July 4th, 2008, 09:38 PM
Carson Beckett's 5 episodes for Season 5...

502 - The Seed
507 - Whispers
513 - Outsiders
518 - Identity

and dah dah dah....

520 - "100th episode"

Uh...how do you know this?

Jumper_One
July 5th, 2008, 12:01 PM
Uh...how do you know this?

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=8517946&postcount=1524

PG15
July 5th, 2008, 12:11 PM
Thanks...

English plz.

Jumper_One
July 5th, 2008, 12:13 PM
Thanks...

English plz.

LOL I know :S but he mentioned ep 18 and the 100th ep. correct me if I'm wrong :o

Platschu
July 5th, 2008, 12:18 PM
S-P.de: Und was ist mit den beiden verbleibenden Episoden? Der Zweiteiler in der Mitte der Staffel vielleicht?

PMG: Ich glaube, ich bin noch in Folge 18, aber da bin ich mir gerade nicht ganz sicher; und dann hoffe ich, dass "Beckett" noch in der Schlussfolge der fünften Staffel dabei sein wird.

I tried to translate it for you:

S-P.de: And what is with the two remaining episode? Are they perhaps the two parter at then end of the season?

PMG: I think I am in episode 18, but I am not totally sure in this and I hope Beckett will be in the season finale of the the fifth season.

Jumper_One
July 5th, 2008, 12:22 PM
ok great thanks dude ;)

Platschu
July 5th, 2008, 12:25 PM
Never mind. I've learned German for years, so some old forgotten memories rosed up. :P

The Babelfish has a German-English option too:
http://babelfish.yahoo.com/?fr=avbbf-xxen
But it can't translate, when some letter (like ü = u: , ö = o: or ß = ss ) are missing from the text. :o GW doesn't support my Hungarian keyboard either. :(

PG15
July 5th, 2008, 02:09 PM
Oh well, thanks for trying! :)

If Carson's in those 2 eps, we'll know about it soon enough. ;)

Rac80
July 17th, 2008, 06:41 PM
I still say carson should rest in peace. let "puir wee mannie" die. he can't go home again so he is stuck in Pegasus.

Briangate78
July 17th, 2008, 06:41 PM
I still say carson should rest in peace. let "puir wee mannie" die. he can't go home again so he is stuck in Pegasus.

Like Bon Jovi said....

Who's says you can't go home? :p

Rac80
July 18th, 2008, 04:04 PM
Like Bon Jovi said....

Who's says you can't go home? :p

Well his mother thinks he is dead........

theheartsofatlantis
July 18th, 2008, 05:55 PM
All I can say is YAY!!!!!

Can't wait to see him back!

Teresa

atlantisk
July 26th, 2008, 01:09 PM
I would like to see him in at least 10 episodes... He was my favorite caracter, killing him off was the worst mistake they made, the only mistake...

Earthgate Ricky
July 30th, 2008, 06:38 PM
I would like to see him in at least 10 episodes... He was my favorite caracter, killing him off was the worst mistake they made, the only mistake...

I wonder if Carson isn't killed off on finale as I am not sure if he will:
makes his decision to leave SA to arrive to earth to work like a normal doctor?

finally prove himself as not traitor to SA team as they welcome him as member of SA family.

last thing to do... McKay get reminded about his guilt for not taking Carson to fishing ( from "Sunday"). McKay finally get over his guilt to take his "best friend" to fishing on their long vacation ( until Season 6).

Briangate78
July 30th, 2008, 08:17 PM
Spoiler photo from the episode "Whispers" 506

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b253/marcm1978/normal_507_whispers_01.jpg

GateofDOOM
July 31st, 2008, 05:18 PM
Spoiler photo from the episode "Whispers" 506

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b253/marcm1978/normal_507_whispers_01.jpg

:eek:

Looks like that time with Michael might have toughened him up!

I can't think of a time Carson looked so confident with a gun!
...And I have to admit the fog looks pretty cool.

Reiko
July 31st, 2008, 06:34 PM
» And he has his hair back! :)

Earthgate Ricky
July 31st, 2008, 08:09 PM
:eek:

Looks like that time with Michael might have toughened him up!

I can't think of a time Carson looked so confident with a gun!
...And I have to admit the fog looks pretty cool.

I bet that Carson have a new and different personality from original Carson.