Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Original City Ship(AOT spoilers)

Spoiler:
    in AOT the underground movement evacuated teh mountain in a city ship or outpost, theye engine sequence was exactlt like Atlantis's.

so, any specualtion?

Engine sequence..??

Go Green

Comment

So sorta like the first wraith hive ship we saw in atlantis?
      Zero Point Energy by 0 Kelvin: Just go to Wikipedia, type in Absolute 0, hit enter. It'll save a little bit of my time and effort.

better to be wrong and alive than right and dead

sigpic

Comment

I think he's referring to how the cityship took off. It was almost exactly, even camera-wise, like the shot of Atlantis leaving Antarctica at the very beginning of SGA.

I'd like to see a closer look at that cityship... maybe a model or something. We couldn't really get a good glance at it.

I was, though, disappointed that there was only one. That's not quite the glorious exodus I had imagined. Plus, I have a hard time believing that the original humans only had one little village, and all of the Alterans came from there.

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

but i assume those werent the only ancients. otherwile the ship is either far bigger than we know, or the ancients were with a few hundred

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
            but i assume those werent the only ancients. otherwile the ship is either far bigger than we know, or the ancients were with a few hundred
            Perhaps that was just the most important one, where the others left but they were spread out to avoid being killed and so left from lots of different planets.
            Best quotes ever:
            O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
            Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
            Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
            Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
            Thor:I like the yellow ones
            O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

No, the writers said in season 9 that the Alterans left in one ship.

You've seen it, it's pathetic.
              You thought Stargate was epic? It is not. The whole film is a huge let down.
              It's painful.
              The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn View Post
                No, the writers said in season 9 that the Alterans left in one ship.

You've seen it, it's pathetic.
                You thought Stargate was epic? It is not. The whole film is a huge let down.
                It's painful.
                it was, about the coolest moment IMO was teh city ship launch, and we didn'e see even a glimse of them after!

Comment

You have to remember AOT is basically season 11 put into movie form, to end the story Arc.

From the position they were left, I thought they pulled out a decent movie.
                  Visit my Website

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
                    You have to remember AOT is basically season 11 put into movie form, to end the story Arc.

No they didn't, they mashed together 20 episodes into a convoluted mess. With key parts of the movie missing. The feeling that the movie jumped around with key parts of the story just cut out didn't make feel very good at all. It made it feel like Robert C. Cooper just wanted to get it over with.

That's why they were so mad about the leak, they know its a crap movie and they knew if people saw the leaked version nobody is gonna buy AoT because it's mediocre at best. Its not even worth the money they want for it.

Comment

the leaked version was not 100% finished...plus turning 20 or less scripts, rewriting, and animating a movie isn't easy...

what parts were missing?
                      Visit my Website

Comment

Plenty but I don't know how to use the spoiler tags so I can't write it all down for you.

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post

No, they pulled crap and there's no excuse for that.

Lack of budget? No way.
                          See:

Spoiler:
                          Instead of reusing the same village setting from SG-1, they just had to use a quickly decorated zone of the Atlantis setting for example, or mix panels from both sets to obtain a kind of blending, and then, on the CGI side, modelize a whole super advanced city, with that already huge ship leaving, and then joining a whole fleet somewhere in space, merging into a worldship.
                          Yes, that way, you'd have all. The epic, and still one single ship used to move out of the galaxy.
                          But a super huge ship. When you move a civilization from one galaxy to another, I don't expect it to be achieved by doing so with what looks like a ship barely bigger than an Aurora.

Of course, if they had spent less money on the Replicator stuff... which incidentally was the more bearable part of the whole movie!

I applaud some of the fans who manage to convince themselves than nothing better could have been done, or that the storyline absolutely needed to be closed in such a drastic way.
                          That's BS.
                          The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

First off, Toast King, if you can't post anything that proves that the movie left anything out, I'm gonna think you're just full of it. Second, Sci-Fi jumped the gun and canceled SG-1 too early, so it's perfectly understandable that the ONE full length movie they released would not be as good as 20+ episodes of Sam explaining technical stuff, Daniel ascending, Valla being Sidney Bristow, Teal'c doing the eye brow thing, and Mitchell saying, "what?"
                            Third, I didn't get a good look at the city ship, but I think anything that can fly across a galaxy is cool.
                            And Fourth, I think this is a spoiler tag,
                            Spoiler:
                            spoils!

you put in,"spoiler," inside these marks, "[]," put in the spoiler, then conclude with the same tag, but with a, "/" in front of the word spoiler, [/spoiler], is the last tag, and [spoiler] is the first
                            All of My Written Works
                            Books I'm Reading:
                            The Andromeda Strain (Michael Crichton)
                            2001: A Space Odyssey (Arthur C. Clarke)

Comment

Link to the post where someone was kind enough to put some screenies which contain the ship.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....4&postcount=26

It looks perhaps larger then the Daedalus class vessels though not as big as an Aurora. Doesnt at all look like a cityship....

Personally, I would imagine the ship some left to join others that were leaving the galaxy. Thats how I envision it....

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Working...
                              X