Ancient Fleet size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ancient Fleet size

Do any of you have any idea what the origanal atlantian fleet size was during the war with the wraith and before that.

was it 100 auroras or 50 or 10 or 500, any idea!!!!!!!!!!

does any body know how big the origanal ancient's fleet was!!!!
    like 300 auroras or 200 or 10 or 5 or even maybe 500.

I am just itching to see if anybody has an idea.

Comment

However big it was, I don't think it was all Auroras

Comment

Originally posted by SHADOWFORCE View Post
        Do any of you have any idea what the origanal atlantian fleet size was during the war with the wraith and before that.

was it 100 auroras or 50 or 10 or 500, any idea!!!!!!!!!!
        Well given they used at leased ten vessels to destroy the replicators, we can also presume they had backups in orbit or bombarding other parts of the planet, and we also know of 3 other vessels. I say, and this almost a complete guest at least 30 to 50 deployable ships. And several more in dock under going repairs or crew retraining.

but thats just a guest, would not of thought it be any higher than hundred, because with that kind of fleet to call on they would of crush the wraith, I mean seriously the wraith would had to have thousands of hives, I mean given their fire power to.
        Last edited by knowles2; 31 January 2008, 03:01 PM.

Comment

I'd say, though this is just a guess, that from what we've seen thus far in Atlantis, the ancient fleet was somewhere around this:

City-ships: four or so
          Auroras: 100+
          Cruisers: More than the Auroras
          PJs: hundreds, if not thousands
          Other classes: Unknown

Even then, with those kinds of numbers, the wraith could still easily overwhelm the ancients, seeing as they were able to spare 63+ Hives to siege Atlantis in its final battle with the Ancients.

Spoiler:

Woolsey: That sounded like another explosion.
          O’neill: Yes. Yes, it did.
          Woolsey: What does that mean?
          O’neill: Something exploded.
          Thank god for common sense.

Proud supporter of Stargate: Avalon
          and Stargate: Horizon
          As well as s09119's Continuing SG-1

Supported Ships: Sheppard/Weir ~ Ronon/Keller ~ O'neill/Carter
          Pro - All Seasons of Atlantis (Etchy on Season 4 though) and Pro - All Seasons of SG-1 plus the Stargate Movies
          The Jury is still out on Destiny though...

Comment

Probably not nearly that size, considering the Asurans were wiping the floor with the Wraith with less than 40 Auroras, and Stargate doesn't really seem to do large fleets.
            All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

I was thinking 10 or so. Maybe 15. Otherwise the Wraith woulda probably had lots of ZPMs

Comment

Originally posted by RepliVeggie View Post
                I was thinking 10 or so. Maybe 15. Otherwise the Wraith woulda probably had lots of ZPMs
                They didn't use ZPMs in their ships, at least not normally.

If the Asuran were able to build 39 ships in a matter of months, and the Wraith War went on for a hundred years, then I'd say they probably had several hundred Auroras. Not all at the same time, but there were probably that many built during the war.
                Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

I agree^
                  Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

would of had outposts aswell and satilite weapons aswell

since a 100 years war was on its likely to assume they biult atleast 200+

at at once of course

the wraith would of had maybe atleast that much well the hives maybe
                    sigpic

Comment

I suspect that the Lantean fleet was incredibly small and consisted of very few warships while they mostly possessed science or transport vessels. I mean before the Wraith, they more or less live peacefully so there is no real need for a large military.

From the show itself we can see that they had at least three Aurora class vessels active by the end of the war. The Aurora, the Orion and the Tria. But how many they had during the war? Who knows.....

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

I think they only had a few. 50 at max otherwise how on Earth could the wraith defeat them? And it's not just their building capabilities that you have to take into consideration. As far as we've seen this far Auroras were huge ships with lots of a personell. Do we know exactly just how big the ancient population was during the wraith war? It's possible they simply didn't have the manpower to operate a huge fleet.

Comment

100 ship fleet.

3-4 city ships.

I am going to assume that originally they were winning easily (like said in the episode), then the Wraith stole ZPM's = breeded billions of soliders and 'breeded' ships.

Comment

too confident in their technology was what lead to there downfall and the wraith exploited that, lets hope earth doesnt follow this path and also the asgard one leading to their extinction
                            sigpic

Comment

My guess is that there were at least 300 vessals at the hight of the War, maybe around 40 years or so.

But then they switched to a defensive War with constructing defense satilites.

This is just all a opinion.
                              Last edited by Lord batchi ball; 01 February 2008, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X