rate the stargate ships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rate the stargate ships

here is a list of ships most powerful to least powerful.

city ship, Ancient
    Odyssey unending upgrades with ZPM
    Aurora class (Ancient controlled)
    Ori warship
    304 with asgard weapons (no ZPM)
    Aurora class (Asuran)
    Anubis's mothership
    REPLICATOR hatack
    O'Neill class
    REPLICATOR stolen ship (Enemies)
    Ancient/Asuran cruiser
    Anubis's Ha'tak
    Apophis's mothership
    Wraith hive ship
    Asgard science vessel (DANIEL JACKSON class)
    Beliskner class
    304 (before unending)
    Ha'tak
    Wraith cruiser
    303 (Prometheus)
    Ra's mothership
    Puddle Jumper
    Al'kesh
    Ori fighter
    F-302
    needle-threader
    Tel'tak
    Dart, Wraith
    death glider

what do u think of this list. i dont have a good reason for a lot of these ships to be were they are its just were i think they should be, how about you?

puddle jumper and 2 drones can destroy a hatak(it was oniell though)
    sigpic
    EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
    -Liberty Prime

Comment

Originally posted by rlr149 View Post
      puddle jumper and 2 drones can destroy a hatak(it was oniell though)
      I doubt a particularly potent gene would add additional power to the drones. It might make it easier to target the ship, but he didn't really have any clue what he was doing at the time.

I think the Ori fighters should be moved up. The Ori fighters decimated the Jaffa squadrons protecting Chulak and would probably do the same to the 302s, Al'kesh (were there Al'kesh at Chulak?), and maybe the Prometheus.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
        I doubt a particularly potent gene would add additional power to the drones. It might make it easier to target the ship, but he didn't really have any clue what he was doing at the time.

I think the Ori fighters should be moved up. The Ori fighters decimated the Jaffa squadrons protecting Chulak and would probably do the same to the 302s, Al'kesh (were there Al'kesh at Chulak?), and maybe the Prometheus.

the ori fighters would probly win any dog fight with any fighter but i doubt it would have enough fire power to damage any larger ships sheilds such as the Prometheus.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
          irrelevant, did it or did it not destroy a hatak? i only mention oniell cos he's awesome anyway not including the gene, maybe it was his innate awesomeness that was the clincher
          sigpic
          EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
          -Liberty Prime

Comment

Well the first thing I would argue is that a ha'tak could beat a regular 304 any day of the weak

But thats the first thing I saw but this list could be debated very easily and you should have posted this in the science and tech section
            Vote Anubis for President in 2012
            A Face you Can Trust
            sigpic
            So whats the worst that could happen?
            Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
            It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

good but i think the 303 should go above wraith cruiser

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
              Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

I don't think that a 304 with ZPM and Asgard tech is above an Alteran Aurora.

Comment

my rates

city ship, Ancient
                  Aurora class (Ancient built and controlled with ZPM)
                  Ori warship= 304 with asgard weapons (no ZPM)= Aurora class (Asuran)
                  O'Neill class
                  Anubis's mothership
                  REPLICATOR hatack =REPLICATOR stolen ship (Enemies)
                  Wraith hive ship
                  Ancient/Asuran cruiser
                  Anubis's Ha'tak
                  Apophis's mothership
                  Beliskner class
                  304 (before unending)
                  Wraith cruiser
                  Ha'tak
                  303 (Prometheus)
                  Ra's mothership
                  Puddle Jumper
                  Al'kesh
                  Ori fighter
                  F-302
                  needle-threader
                  Dart, Wraith
                  death glider
                  Tel'tak
                  Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

City ship, Ancient
                    Ori warship=304 with asgard weapons (no ZPM)
                    Aurora class (with ZPM)
                    Annubis mothership with the Eyes
                    O'Neill class=Aurora class (Asuran, no ZPM)
                    REPLICATOR stolen ship (Enemies)
                    Replicator block squid ship
                    Anubis's mothership=Wraith Hive
                    Apophis's mothership
                    Replicator Ha'tak
                    Ha'tak with upgrades=Ancient/Asuran cruiser
                    Beliskner class
                    304 (before unending)
                    Ha'tak
                    Wraith cruiser
                    303 (Prometheus)
                    Ra's mothership
                    Puddle Jumper
                    Ori fighter
                    Al'kesh
                    F-302
                    needle-threader
                    Tel'tak
                    Dart, Wraith
                    death glider

Now, if the Replicator block squid ship can launch Replicator bombs which bypass all the shields mentioned above before it can be 'destroyed', then it is #1 on my list. The Replicators will get on board and start taking over.

With the ownage the 304's did to the Aurora's, no way are they equal. Because of the lack of a ZPM, I am going to assume that the shields were much weaker due to this, and why drones were not fired on mass (in order to do this, they would need to shut off shields, due to lack of power???) Need to strap on a ZPM.
                    Last edited by JSPuddlejumper; 01 February 2008, 09:03 AM.

Comment

why are you people putting a 304 above a hat'ek and wraith cruiser? Both vessels could take a 304 without beam weapons. The daedulas attacks a hive ships with nukes the moment it came out of hyperspace and it still only slightly damaged the vessel. The Odessey with railguns could barely annoy a standard lucian alliance ha'tek.

while a 304 has greater shielding, it's weapons were sucky. I would rate the three nearly equal as tactics are the only way for a 304 to win againist them. a straight slug fest the 304 would lose.

Comment

304 (minus beams or other upgrades) took on a whole fleet of Hives in the Siege Part III

No Man's Land, the 304 was taking on 2 Hives before the Aurora came in.

And the Daedalus managed to defeat 1 Hive in that confrontation. Although it was exploiting a weakness, without which the 304 likely would have lost.

So without a doubt a 304 is superior to a Wraith cruiser if it can take so much punishment from a Hive!

As for the Ha'tak, the info given in the series makes one conclude a 304 is superior to a Ha'tak.

Comment

I'd put an Ori ship above an Aurora, the problem with the Ori ship was that it fell into weak plots to try and make earth look more powerful. infact AOT
                          Spoiler:
                          despite the completely ridiculous scenario with the 4 ori ships in AOT I'd still put an Ori ship level with the upgraded Oddy
                          . Although to be fair TPTB never follow continuity so any ship on the list could be more powerful than another to suit TPTBs needs.

Comment

Aurora with a ZPM should enable it for fire 100+ drones at once. If not, it is completely TOAST against a Ori ship.

Against a Ori ship, it will probably take 3-4 beams to destroy the Aurora with a ZPM. 2-3 takes out shields, 1 shot destroys. If the ships are close, and drones are fast enough, I see a double KO scenario, imagine 100's of drones impacting Ori shields.

I think you are right Kirmit, I seem to have too many IF scenario's in order for a Aurora with a ZPM to win. Thus I will change the order slightly.

There is no way a Ori ship is on level with the upgraded Odyssey. Each encounter, the Odyssey has proven superior or (way superior) against 1 Ori ship.
                            Last edited by JSPuddlejumper; 01 February 2008, 09:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JSPuddlejumper View Post
                              304 (minus beams or other upgrades) took on a whole fleet of Hives in the Siege Part III
                              The only reason we won those battles is because we deployed nukes inside the Hives with beaming tech. As stated by Hermoid the shields would have failed in minutes had those ships not been destroyed from the inside. The Missiles had zero effect againist them at range.

No Man's Land, the 304 was taking on 2 Hives before the Aurora came in.

And the Daedalus managed to defeat 1 Hive in that confrontation. Although it was exploiting a weakness, without which the 304 likely would have lost.
                              The 304 was taking on two hives. the first one was only disabled because the 304 launched it's nukes seconds after coming out of hyperspace the 304 then started losing It's missiles no longer being effective. On it's own it wouldn't have survived.

So without a doubt a 304 is superior to a Wraith cruiser if it can take so much punishment from a Hive!
                              without beam weapons though a 304 would barely scratch the surface of a cruiser. Even a Ha'tak weapon would push them over to the winning side, but missiles suck in space battles unless you have a lot of them. In Aurora two wraith cruisers come at the Daedulas, but the Daedulas runs away.

As for the Ha'tak, the info given in the series makes one conclude a 304 is superior to a Ha'tak.
                              The only two battles where a 304 went up against a Ha'tak it either tried to run away, or did no damage. Disproving your entire point. ( COMPANY OF THIEVES and OFF THE GRID). If they could have actually destroyed a Ha'tak why didn't they? especially in a company of thieves. the Ha'tak's targeting systems seemed to be working well enough.

A 304 is fast, and heavily shielded. It had no good offensive weapons(Pre unending 304's only) though. compare the SR-71 to the F-22 raptor. until you arm the SR-71 it can only run away fast when trouble comes.
                              Last edited by peragrin; 01 February 2008, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X