Pre Unending 304 Vs Hat'ak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pre Unending 304 Vs Hat'ak

Before unending could a 304 take on a Hat'ak 1 on 1? The 304 has vastly superior defensive shields however the Hat'ak has more offensive fire power. The Hat'ak also carries many gliders (more gliders then the 304 carries 302s) and alkesh bombers. It seems that many people assume it can for some reason so why is this?

Hataks do not carry alkesh's

302's and their pilots can take out the deathgliders pretty easy.

3 vs 1 the 304 held off the Hataks pretty long causing "minimal damage".

So it stands to reason, 1 on 1 the Hatak will be beaten with our nukes/railgun fire.
    Visit my Website

Comment

The Ha'tak could win but it would have to fight a certain way. Before the cheatbeams of unending all the 304's major hitting power came from nuclear missiles. These missiles, as we've seen many times, left a lot to be desired in the speed and manuverability departments. The Ha'tak would need to exploit this if it wanted to win.

What's it's going to need to do is basically fly around the 304 at a medium to long distance and fire of it's own energy blob weapon. I don't think the missiles are actually fast enough to catch a Ha'tak going at full tilt and if they miss the first pass they don't seem likely to be able to turn around and come back for another go.

In adition to flying around evasively though the Ha'tak should also deploy every deathglider it has and tell the pilots to stick close to mommy, between her and the 304, and only engage the missiles if they seem like they're going to hit the ship.

The Ha'tak could win this but it's going to require some actual tactics to do so. If it just sits there and tries to go blob for nuke with the 304s seriously superior shields it's going to go up like a torch.

Comment

A 304 has never managed to destroy or even seriously damage a Ha'tak. The only thing it has going for it is good shields, its offensive weapons are pathetic. Nukes do next to nothing against Goa'uld shields, and railguns are about as effective as waterguns. A pre-unending 304 would be able to survive for quite a while against a single Ha'tak because of its Asgard shields, but it wouldn't do any serious damage to its enemy.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
          302's and their pilots can take out the deathgliders pretty easy.
          I think thats a pretty silly Assumption. The F302's would be up against pilots who have flown such ships in such combat for many more years individually than the 302 pilots, AND have a tradition of doing so for thousands of years. On top of this, the 302s are going to be outnumbered.

So, you have the pilots of a race of *warriors* practicing a form of combat they have done for thousands of years, and have had many years (possibly hundreds) individually to hone their skills as such, versus a race that hasn't even flown in combat for a 100, and has flown space combat craft for less than 10.

TL;DR The Ha'tak should own the 304 in the support craft matchup.

I think the fight will eventually come down to how much damage the railguns are able to do to the Ha'tak. The Ha'tak probably won't be able to take down the 304's shields before it could decide to leave, but the 304 would probably lose or withdraw all its 302s, so you would have to add the remaining Death Glider's firepower to the 304 shield draining equation.

In the final analysis, I think the 304 would simply opt to withdraw.

Comment

The nuclear missles used on the 304's now are likely Naquadah enchanced. Unlike the ones launched at Apophis' ship. Probably a few could take down a Ha'tak shield.

Comment

Originally posted by RepliVeggie View Post
              The nuclear missles used on the 304's now are likely Naquadah enchanced. Unlike the ones launched at Apophis' ship. Probably a few could take down a Ha'tak shield.
              Nukes are useless asgainst a shielded ship. If you cannot get the nuke *inside* it, you are wasting your effort. With no medium to propagate a shockwave in space, the only appreciable damage from a nuke detonating in the vacuum is going to come from hard radiation; something you can bet that any starship shield can block. So you would have to get the Ha'taks shield down first to finish it off with a nuke. Probably the very reason nobody else in stargate shoots nukes, despite everyone easily having the technology. Everyone else has shields.

Comment

ok im not much good with this stuff but

if im right the reason missiles are so poor against shields is there is no oxygen so if you designed a missile with a compressed air can when the nuke hits the shield the explosion busts the can the oxgen spreads and the explosion get bigger. im not sure how much if at all this would help but as i said im not much good with this stuff

Continuing Stargate Virtual Fleet Link Below

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63923

Comment

Originally posted by dboy-2007 View Post
                  ok im not much good with this stuff but

if im right the reason missiles are so poor against shields is there is no oxygen so if you designed a missile with a compressed air can when the nuke hits the shield the explosion busts the can the oxgen spreads and the explosion get bigger. im not sure how much if at all this would help but as i said im not much good with this stuff
                  An oxygen canister is not going to do anything to enhance a nuclear explosion. The guy who talked about needing an atmosphere for a nuke to be effective is correct.
                  All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

A 304 can win due to far superior shields.

Think of how many Ha'taks it take to down a Super Ha'tak. 304s shields are superior to that and way superior depending on what the writers want in said action scene.

A 304 will win after a very prolonged battle. Even Lucien Alliance members were surprised that they captured a 304.

With the beams, 1 shot should take out a Ha'tak, at most 2.

Comment

The Ha'tak is far superior to a preunending 304, and those who claim the shields on a 304 are better then the Super Ha'tak are wrong we can't even power our shields to full strength before unending without a ZPM so the Ha'tak would win one on one
                      Vote Anubis for President in 2012
                      A Face you Can Trust
                      sigpic
                      So whats the worst that could happen?
                      Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
                      It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
                        The Ha'tak is far superior to a preunending 304, and those who claim the shields on a 304 are better then the Super Ha'tak are wrong we can't even power our shields to full strength before unending without a ZPM so the Ha'tak would win one on one
                        not to mention how much bigger a Ha'tack is.

Comment

We were confident the Prometheus could handle 2 of Anubis's ha'tak in the lost city I think its safe to assume a bc-304 can handle a single Ha'tak. A Ha'tak is far from 'far superior', a short burst of rail guns causes minimal damage, concentrated fire would wear down said shields. Despite what ever we think within the real world in SG nukes appear to be effective to some degree in SG.

The radiation would damage the shields otherwise why even use them if they're useless? The BC - 304's shields should hold out long enough for it to destroy the Ha'tak.
                          Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

I disagree with you buba

A ha'tak has far superior weapons to that of a BC-304 and if ha'taks can take out a beliskner shields then they are more then a match for a 304s.

Also our rail guns did minimal damage but did it even look like the ha'taks were phased? The captains on the lucain alliance ships didn't look worried at all. So when the quote "minimal damage" is used I laugh at it because their seemed to be no signs at all of any damage that threatened the ha'taks. Also as someone pointed out as long as the ha'tak got out of the way of a Nuke then it wouldn't effect them and seen in camelot the Jaffa actually tried to move ships so they do know that tactic so if they kept that up then the 304 would be doomed
                            Vote Anubis for President in 2012
                            A Face you Can Trust
                            sigpic
                            So whats the worst that could happen?
                            Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
                            It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

The humans are the stars of the show. They'll win.

Honestly, thousands of years of scavenged and/or created technology including shields and energy weapons should punk the 304 after a while. Unless they explode their entire complement of nukes at equidistant points around the shields...

Question: Exactly how much damage can railguns cause shields? Can matter moving at anything less than a considerable % of light speed really do any damage to shields? I'd assume so, but not in the small quantities of ammo [relatively speaking] the 304s have.
                              Last edited by nx01a; 31 January 2008, 03:33 PM.
                              sigpic
                              More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Working...
                              X