Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aw, such an awesome episode! Ronon's death was the best one, he and Todd working together, smiling at each other before they detonate the C-4. Brothers in arms, finally! They are so similar, it was bound to happen (even if it's AU now).

Ronon: "I was just gonna blow it up."
    Todd: "Naturally."
    sigpic
    It was Arrested Development

Comment

Nice episode. Everything turns south after Shep disappears. Nice. Anyways, I really liked it. I can't wait until we get to see the start of season 5 to find out what happened.

One problem for me, Sheppard goes to the stasis chamber room and not even a mention of Carson? He just got frozen in there the last episode and they don't even mention what happens to him... Wow...

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
        The coolest and most intense episode ever and the most original season finale for Stargate ever in my opinion!

Vala,
        I agree that was the best by far.
        Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
          Spoiler:
          No. The Odyssey has a ZPM.
          Heh. I forgot about that.

Comment

thats was by far one of the lamest things I have seen in some time. Can't solve plot in the here and now send someone the future. Can't make a good Cliff-hanger lets just "kill" everyone.

Lame end to the second best season I expected better. But then then again it was JM/PM script
            "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOW - What a RIDE!"

Comment

Any guesses on who dies? I'm thinking someone has to.... and I'm thinking that someone is Lorne. (after all, he was the only one with any kind of a happy ending in the other timeline and he's the one who ultimately made this timeline possible.)

Comment

Originally posted by wheresmyfroggy View Post
                Aw, such an awesome episode! Ronon's death was the best one, he and Todd working together, smiling at each other before they detonate the C-4. Brothers in arms, finally! They are so similar, it was bound to happen (even if it's AU now).

Ronon: "I was just gonna blow it up."
                Todd: "Naturally."
                This is the one part of the episode that I really disliked to be honest, really out of character in my opinion. Ronon would have shot him on site, and enjoyed it. I hate the way they seem to be treating Todd almost as a friend, as if they've all just turned simple and forgotten that he kills innocent humans on a regular basis...

Comment

this was the scifi version of IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE. one person missing, everything goes to hell, although we didn't have clarence the angel, we had rodney the hologram.

i quite enjoyed it, didn't mind the cliffhanger as geez, do we really think the entire team got squashed? maybe one or two unfortunate redshirts who had no dialogue.

but this means that in the very first episode, they will rescue teyla (cuz this ain't a soap they can drag out forever).

only thing that I went eeeeuuuu at. woolsey. not woolsey per se, but that uniform just looks awful on him. sorry, color is all off and well, gah.....

and teensy quibble that sam s hould hardly quibble shep's story all that much considering all the time travel SG1 has done!

if a series lasts long enough, you can do these time travel 'what might have been' scenarios to explore killing characters without really blowing them up exploding space tumors, 'shipping' without commitment. so they can do another one when they reach, say, season 10....

Comment

Originally posted by technoextreme View Post
                    Heh. I forgot about that.
                    No biggie Plus...
                    Spoiler:
                    There were Replicators onboard in AoT, and we know how they love to boost shields...

Besides, hive weapons are amongst the most powerful in Stargate. We also saw Michael blow apart a hive in under 3 seconds, don't forget :O
                    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by LinziDay View Post
                      Any guesses on who dies? I'm thinking someone has to.... and I'm thinking that someone is Lorne. (after all, he was the only one with any kind of a happy ending in the other timeline and he's the one who ultimately made this timeline possible.)
                      That wouldn't surprise me, JM did mention something about killing Lorne in jest on his blog...

Comment

Originally posted by Night Marshal View Post
                        thats was by far one of the lamest things I have seen in some time. Can't solve plot in the here and now send someone the future. Can't make a good Cliff-hanger lets just "kill" everyone.

Lame end to the second best season I expected better. But then then again it was JM/PM script
                        Sorry to hear that, but I'd say you're in the minority. Yeah, everyone knows that the team will be fine, but in all it was a good episode imo.

Comment

This season was missing one thing. An amazing cliffhanger finale! So there we go. Season 4 has been great! It is following it's Big Brother!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Myles View Post
                            Sorry to hear that, but I'd say you're in the minority. Yeah, everyone knows that the team will be fine, but in all it was a good episode imo.
                            but there will be injuries ...and i'm sure the red shirt will be forgotten
                            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan View Post
                              I liked the ep well enough, except for the very end. I didn’t find it particularly suspenseful just a standard annoying end of season cliffhanger.
                              Completely agree.

While I don't think this was as good an episode as the last few weeks' eps have been, it has an interesting quality to it that'll make rewatching it a rewarding experience. It has the same sort of interesting "different" quality to it that episodes like Wormhole X-Treme! or Sunday have, a plot and story so wildly different from the norm that it's fascinating to watch over and over.

I think this episode was also interesting in that it established a lot of important plot points that will be worth exploring in the upcoming season. A cue from BSG perhaps, but a good one nonetheless. Can't wait to see how season 5 plays out now. This was a far, far better season finale than the embarassment that was 'First Strike' last year.

All that said though, what a lousy TBC. Not suspenseful in the least, really just aggravating and tacked on for the hell of it. The finale would have been infinitely more effective if it had ended when Sheppard came through the gate and said "we're on the clock."
                              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                                This is the one part of the episode that I really disliked to be honest, really out of character in my opinion. Ronon would have shot him on site, and enjoyed it. I hate the way they seem to be treating Todd almost as a friend, as if they've all just turned simple and forgotten that he kills innocent humans on a regular basis...
                                Keep you friends close and your enemies closer

Comment

Working...
                                X