X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i still think the replicators/asurans were involved with this lol

Comment

Favorite thing about the ep... General Lorne!!!

Comment

Are you serious!? I HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL SEPTEMBERish TO FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENS!?!?!?!?! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!!!!!!

Comment

I loved "Future Earth," but what I want to know is; was the cool stuff we saw 25+ years in the future due to human advances alone or was the stargate revealed?
          Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
          Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by technoextreme View Post
            Im trying to think of the logical continuation. They clearly are screwed in the last scene but how do they get out of it.
            the building probably falls in a such a way that the team is stuck but not crushed
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Awesome finale. I always love when they do those "glimpse into a world gone wrong" episodes, and this one was great. I loved the dark atmosphere they had, and like in "Before I Sleep," I liked how the reveals were spread out over the episode, intercut with Shep and Old McKay.

And obviously, I loved the McKay/Keller sub-plot, but it just broke my heart when Rodney got the prognosis about Jen, and she tried (knowing she didn't have a chance) to convince him not to spend the rest of his life on his research.
              Theoretically spoilerish:
              Spoiler:
              Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon 304 View Post
                Are you serious!? I HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL SEPTEMBERish TO FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENS!?!?!?!?! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!!!!!!

this summer actually
                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Simply AMAZING!

What an episode! I really felt like this was all for real and not "Just TV" to the max!

Sheppard 48000 years in the future! I wonder why they picked a planet that's sun would burn out in such a short time. But then again, maybe they didn't think it would matter. Why was Atlantis abandoned? I wish we got an explanation on that.

Seeing all the characters die wasn't as bad as it was in "Unending" for SG-1, at least they went out in the wrong timeline fighting. Carter in command of the Phoenix, I wonder if the Phoenix will still be built in season 5 or not. I hope not since the design of the ship's interior was ugly. Michael got himself some hive ships! Cool. Why would Teyla's baby be so important in his research? That part didn't make sense to me. I like that Ronon started his own force against Michael. It was nice to see Todd as well. McKay and Keller together was unexpected for me. It was sad that she died as well. At least McKay survived. All those years and McKay never figured out how to make more ZPM's, that was another weird part. Mark XII Naqahdah generator! Wow! McKay wasn't so much of a hologram as he was an artificial intelligence. That part was pretty cool. I just expected him to say what happend and that was it but he was interactive. Atlantis in the sand was way cool. Woolsey in command of Atlantis was TERRIBLE. I hope he gets a personality change in season 5 or I know that it will be the last season! I was kind of disappointed that we didn't get to see Sheppard exit the stasis pod and go back through the gate. I figured the episode would end with Sheppard stepping through the gate from future Atlantis but he actually made it back! We all know that the team survives the destruction of Michael's compound but how are they going to survive that?

The coolest and most intense episode ever and the most original season finale for Stargate ever in my opinion!

Vala,

Comment

Okay, what the hell is with the ship inconsistencies, im sick of it. For some reason, in unending, the odyssey was able to get back into the milky way before their shields had even finished recharging, yet it still takes the Daedalus 3 weeks to make the trip to atlantis and back. Also, there's no way that 4 hives can destroy a 304 that quickly. In AoT,
                    Spoiler:
                    the odyssey takess on maybe 10 minutes of ori beam weapons fire until the shield fails.
                    I mean seriously. fraking plot shields! And besides that, WTF happened to the nukes. They fire missiles that actually end up striking the hive ship, and they arent nukes? What sense is that?
                    Last edited by freyr's mother; 08 March 2008, 07:13 AM.

Best Stargate quote:
                    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                    Green is your friend.

Comment

That was awsome i was on the edge of my seat the hole time!!!!

Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

Why would Teyla's baby be so important in his research? That part didn't make sense to me.
                        That's actually a spoiler for the last episode. Essentially:
                        Spoiler:
                        The baby is unique in the fact that the parents are two Wraith/Human hybrids.
                        Okay, what the hell is with the ship inconsistencies, im sick of it. For some reason, in unending, the odyssey was able to get back into the milky way before their shields had even finished recharging, yet it still takes the Daedalus 3 weeks to make the trip to atlantis and back. Also, there's no way that 4 hives can destroy a 304 that quickly. In AoT,
                        It could just be because it was a rush job. It would be like the Top Gear Episode where the crew attempt to build a kit car in a few hours. Pieces are misplaced. Non essentially parts are left off.

Comment

Originally posted by Xicer View Post
                          Haha I think I really liked this episode but I guess I was a bit disappointed that it was mostly made up of AU flashbacks. Nevertheless its still one of my favorite S4 episodes, better than Kindred IMO. Sorta reminded me of Voyager's "Year of Hell" especially the part where Sam rams into the Hive ship just just like when Janeway rammed into the Krenim ship. And this was also a lot like SG-1's "2010" but told from a different perspective.

I can see what you mean by Rodney's explanations of everyone's fates being forced, but that's just what it was supposed to be. Sheppard asking what happened to all his teammates was the plot device used to show us what happened in the AU when Sheppard disappeared.

And as for the ending...well I liked it better than last season's.
                          Hey I watched the end of Year of Hell today. Everytime I watch it though I cant help thinking how much better it could have been if at least one person had memories of the events that occurred. As it is, it never really happened in all senses of it "never happened"...no witnesses to it at all.

So from that standpoint I like this ep and before I Sleep much better then year of Hell. Carter raming the enemy ship did remind me of the Janeway thing, but its also what Hammond was going to do to Anubis and also it was done by about every captian on every scifi show at some point, its apparently a pretty standard space ship manuever for self sacraficing captians.
                          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Excellent episode, fantastic season finale...

General Lorne!!!!!!

OMGhowlongdoIhavetowaituntilthenewseason?OMGOMGOMG...

One quibble...Not even a hint of a heart to heart goodbye-just-in-case scene between McKay and Shephard? Give me a break...

ladyjanus

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother View Post
                              Spoiler:
                              the odyssey takess on maybe 10 minutes of ori beam weapons fire until the shield fails. I mean seriously. ******* plot shields!
                              Spoiler:
                              No. The Odyssey has a ZPM.
                              Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                              Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

I rather enjoyed this episode.

It was a different way to end a season, in the past we've had ship battles, blow 'em up, explosions, action, shot 'em up bam bam bang sort of deal. This episode was more thought provoking, more... well, I'm not really sure how to put it. The stories of how all the team met their demise was rather doom and gloom, it gave the episode a very very different feel to it. A feel I can't quite place my finger on.

Rodney/Keller ship..... ummmm ewww :s ....moving on

Michael, that character is simply genius. Pure and simple genius. He is evil, crafty, smart, twisted, devious, and just plain AMAZING! He is one of my favorite villians. The whole galaxy in under a year? That is simply breathtaking if you think about it.

Ahh... Lorne as General! THAT made my day, oh I loved it! I'm am such a fangirl sometimes.

The ending was quite the "OMIGOSH what the hell is going to happen" type of season ending cliffhanger we are used to. If they had shown the building collapsing differently it might have been better, just the single shot from the outside was rather boring. This is my only quibble, IMO the ending could have been done better.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, with the exception of one or two episodes the second half of this season has been BRILLIANT!

Bring on Season Five baby!

Proudly Supporting Team USA

Comment

Working...
                                X