• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'The Kindred, Part 2' (419) General Discussion

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE ATLANTIS - SEASON FOUR
    EPISODE NUMBER - 419

The team is shocked when an old friend, believed to be dead, miraculously returns to them. Teyla plans an escape from Michael's captivity.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 February 2021, 01:13 AM.

Wow! First post!

What tense episode! So is Dr. Beckett real or a clone? I don't believe he's a clone. I personally think that Michael messed with his DNA to make him suceseptible to that mystery drug so that if he ever escaped he would die.

I'm glad we got to see the Athosians and that they got recued! That was great. What happend with Halling? He looks so different now? I'm assuming that the actor changed his hair in all those years but I wish we got some explantation about why he looked different.

I'm surprised how it turned out. Personally, I tought that Beckett would end up captured by Michael when he went on the mission to that planet.

I am however a bit disappointed that they left us with the feeling that he's a clone especially because Joe Mallozzi and everyone else in the show promised that he wouldn't be a clone.

A very cool episode. Next week's looks like there more to it than just Sheppard in the future. I wonder what that battle will be about.

Vala,
    Last edited by Vala_M; 29 February 2008, 07:11 PM.

Comment

I'm disappointed. When is S5 scheduled to start? MORE CARSON!!!!!

Comment

I was surprised but glad to see they didn't get Teyla back. Good suspense for Season 5. Also, the final scene with Beckett going into the stasis pod was surprisingly emotional.
        Theoretically spoilerish:
        Spoiler:
        Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

I thought it was an amazing episode
          || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

4 ways to save Carson, just off the top of my head.

1.) This problem with the Carson Clone is similar to the Teenage O'Neill's degradation in "Fragile Balance." So, they should consult the interactive Asgard program for how they stabilized that clone.

2.) Tretonin. Works for the Jaffa, and it works for the Pangarans. Might give Carson2 a new lease on life.

3.) Tok'ra Symbiote. Not ideal, but it would probably do the trick.

4.) Sarcophagus. Yeah, overuse of the device is asking for trouble, but using it once never seemed to cause permanent problems.

Seems like they should investigate these.
            "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
            "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
            BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Great episode. Brilliant ending. The Ronon/Beckett scene was surprisingly touching.

Michael's Athosian/Wraith Hybrids are WEAK! The Vengeance Monsters were a lot tougher than them and they didn't need P90s to fight. Where the heck are they?

And Halling's back! If only Todd was also in the episode, then it would have been really cool.

I'm so bummed the season is ending next week.
              Rush rocks.

Comment

Was very good compared to the rest of the season, but Carson back just showed how pitiful Keller is. Where Carson is so vibrant, Keller is so wooden and boring. Hard to believe TPTB chose to make her a reg next year and give Carson just a few episodes.

I'm depressed.

Comment

i thought the whole clone thing was a little weak. most people here guessed everything to do with his capture, ect. i was waiting for something that i never would have thought of. also, there's absolutely no way to have a clone think, act, and have the memories of the original. and how do they explain it? "Michael's really smart".

but honestly, i don't really care about that. i'm just glad he's back.

Comment

Originally posted by GateLadyM View Post
                    Was very good compared to the rest of the season, but Carson back just showed how pitiful Keller is. Where Carson is so vibrant, Keller is so wooden and boring. Hard to believe TPTB chose to make her a reg next year and give Carson just a few episodes.

I'm depressed.
                    I think that might just be your sadness about Beckett talking. Keller was great tonight, I thought. I also thought Paul delivered big time in his comeback episode. He was fantastic in that final scene.
                    Theoretically spoilerish:
                    Spoiler:
                    Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Hmmm...I...didn't love it. Good episode, but...meh...I don't know.
                      The clone thing was somewhat obvious since we learned that Michael had him, we just didn't know which one was the clone.
                      It was good to see Halling again...with less hair...
                      And Carson + Keller would make a good team...
                      The ending was really touching...I like the Rodney-Carson interaction very much. And Ronon hugging him...
                      But, I gotta tell ya, I just didn't love it. I don't know why. Once again, the best part was the promo for The Last Man...

Comment

[QUOTE=IMForeman;7823210]4 ways to save Carson, just off the top of my head.

Originally posted by IMForeman View Post
                        1.) This problem with the Carson Clone is similar to the Teenage O'Neill's degradation in "Fragile Balance." So, they should consult the interactive Asgard program for how they stabilized that clone.
                        It might seem like the same thing but it's not. I'm not saying the Asgard knowledge won't help but it's not gauranteed

2.) Tretonin. Works for the Jaffa, and it works for the Pangarans. Might give Carson2 a new lease on life.
                        Tretonin replaces the immune system. This problem has nothing to do with that because it's not a regeneration problem.

Same thing as Tretonin.

4.) Sarcophagus. Yeah, overuse of the device is asking for trouble, but using it once never seemed to cause permanent problems.

I'm really not sure if that would work or not but I don't think so.
                        || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

I thought it was fairly good episode. It was good to see Holling again, if for nothing else continuity.

Scene's between Mckay and Beckett I thought were really good. Specially when Mckay was telling Beckett that Beckett died.

I thought though that it was suppose to be the real Beckett and not a clone or an alt reality or anything like that. Although I guess we could find out in a season 5 that he is the real one and the clone was the one that died in Sunday.

Comment

Decent episode, better than last weeks, but below average compared to the rest of the season imo...

Comment

Loved this episode...i don't know who they have in tptb, but man are they doing some good crap.

4 ways to save Carson, just off the top of my head.

I think it's not something easy, I think Micheal did something purposely to make this happen. Insurance on he wont cause trouble for wrong. We have to figure out what he did to him, then we can figure how to fix it.

And I am not sure the options 2-4 would work. But it would be work a try...besides the tok'ra. you can reverse it that easy.

Comment

Working...
                              X