This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by YouthAndBeautyBrigade View Post
    i thought the whole clone thing was a little weak. most people here guessed everything to do with his capture, ect. i was waiting for something that i never would have thought of. also, there's absolutely no way to have a clone think, act, and have the memories of the original. and how do they explain it? "Michael's really smart".

but honestly, i don't really care about that. i'm just glad he's back.
    It's probably something similar to genetic memories. He obviously used some really advanced cloning technology because Carson is fully grown.
    || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by Arative View Post

I thought though that it was suppose to be the real Beckett and not a clone or an alt reality or anything like that. Although I guess we could find out in a season 5 that he is the real one and the clone was the one that died in Sunday.
      There's actually a discussion about that in the live discussion thread. Something about Joseph M. being misquoted about CArson's return.

Comment

Not a bad episode, but not my favorite. I kept switching back and forth from this and something else I was watching. Next week though looks great.

Comment

Originally posted by Yashiv View Post
          There's actually a discussion about that in the live discussion thread. Something about Joseph M. being misquoted about CArson's return.
          Yes, I'm pretty sure that he said that it would be "Carson in the flesh", nothing more...

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post

It might seem like the same thing but it's not. I'm not saying the Asgard knowledge won't help but it's not gauranteed
            You don't know that it's not. The presentation is remarkably similar. The major systems in KidJack were shutting down. He didn't feel anything initially, but the degradation was making itself known in about a week. It could have been the same problem. Loki wasn't concerned with making a permanant Clone, so he may not have done whatever it is to the clones that corrects this problem (probably something to do with Telomerase, which relengthens telomeres).

Tretonin replaces the immune system. This problem has nothing to do with that because it's not a regeneration problem.

Same thing as Tretonin.
            In both instances we know that Tretonin and Tok'ra Symbiotes lengthen the lifespan and correct problems that are nothing to do with the immune system. Tok'ra symbiotes have healed cancer, wounds and suppressed a complete systemic failure of the body's organs in the case of Charlie (the clone boy the Re'tu made).

None of those have anything to do with the immune system which merely fights off infectious agents.

I'm really not sure if that would work or not but I don't think so.
            Sarcophagi have healed everything including actual death... why on Earth would this not work?
            "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
            "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
            BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Well, I had some very low expectations so I am fairly happy with the episode. They didnt ruin the Carson character and no replicators were involved ...Yay and even gave him a Garabaldi/Bester type of thing with Micheal..... though I was hopping for a reveal where we learned that the one that had been killed had been a clone, but what-can-you-do.

I liked the fact that Carter and Shep were never 100% trusting. Though I thought it seemed like his gaurds were not always present. I feel sorry for the character, but he didnt feel sorry for himself (for too long) and I like that.

I was suprised that Teyla was not rescued in this ep (having seen no spoilers). I was also suprised that any of the Anthosians made it out of this alive. So I guess it gets points for surpising me.

I still hate baby plot. Though I am interested in seeing the "creation" over coming the creator plot that is sure to come with Teylas boyfriend. Maybe Carson can get some ex psi-corp person to remove his block and shoot Micheal himself...that would be kind of cool (but a bit out of character).

Please tell me they didnt send the wraith worshiper to the Milky Way? Oh well, I guess the wraith already know the galaxy is there so as long as they keep this guy on some empty planet somplace he shouldnt cause many problems.

I thought everyone did a good job. It was a fine ep. Though I am sure someone will point out the plot holes for me to think about later. I was into the show enough I didnt notice. I did think the ep was a bit slow though.
              Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

I was disappointed in him being a clone and normally I don't get mad at tv shows but this episode pissed me off. We were basically guaranteed the 'original' Carson and we get a clone that's falling apart. I can see why next season will only be 5 episodes. They're bring him out of stasis, try to repair and fail a few times and the last one will be a success and he'll go home to his family for the rest of the season.

"I just hated away the fact that I give a s***" - Dave from Nothing

My clone: http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...Kay/TaoRM2.jpg
                Courtesy of the Mckay/Hewlett Thunk Thread

Comment

This episode was filled with emotions. They brought up the past and how Carson returned was very well written. I can accept a clone, because it's an exact copy. He is Carson Beckett there is nothing short of that, well once he gets the drug to cure him of course. I loved the mention of Weir in the beginning and Carson's reaction to her death. Was amazing how they took this episode to the next level of the series.

Rodney was awesome in this episode. I never ever felt so of Rodney for what he was doing. Just like how Sheppard was willing to accept a cloned Weir, Mckay has no issues accepting Carson. Like he said it's this or death.

The last scene with Carson saying goodbye was enough to make the strongest man in the world shed a tear. It was just so powerful, imo. The rest of the team had basically accepted this Carson. It's the real deal. Flesh and Blood. This is good SCI FI right here. Oh rememeber a little show called Farscape.

I also loved seeing Carson and Keller working together, hopefully this will be a preview for Season 5!

Don't even get me started with the Teyla and her people story. More emotions going back and forth. Also, Teyla seemed to have gotten through to Kanaan. Is there hope? Wow!

Carson Beckett has returned, and this show just got even better!
                  sigpic

Comment

I liked this episode. Clearly, Kindred pt 1 and 2 were not action heavy episodes, but rather two set up episodes, one for Teyla, the other for Beckett. Hopefully we'll see more of Michael in the future. the stasis scene at the end reminded me of Before I Sleep from season 1.
                    Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                    encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                    3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                    4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                    5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Stargate doesn't have too many emotionally touching episodes, so this was definitely a change of pace. I really enjoyed the episode though. Paul gave a great performance and as much as I wish he were coming back full time, I can't let that detract from the enjoyment of this episode. That ending scene was one of the best the show has done, and it will be interesting to find out how he's cured

Comment

Originally posted by IMForeman View Post
                        You don't know that it's not. The presentation is remarkably similar. The major systems in KidJack were shutting down. He didn't feel anything initially, but the degradation was making itself known in about a week. It could have been the same problem. Loki wasn't concerned with making a permanant Clone, so he may not have done whatever it is to the clones that corrects this problem (probably something to do with Telomerase, which relengthens telomeres).

In both instances we know that Tretonin and Tok'ra Symbiotes lengthen the lifespan and correct problems that are nothing to do with the immune system. Tok'ra symbiotes have healed cancer, wounds and suppressed a complete systemic failure of the body's organs in the case of Charlie (the clone boy the Re'tu made).

None of those have anything to do with the immune system which merely fights off infectious agents.

Sarcophagi have healed everything including actual death... why on Earth would this not work?
                        I said immune system and regeneration. Not just the immune system. Carson's problem was in his DNA. Tretonin or a symbiote won't change that.

Same thing with a Sarcophagus (sp?) it might prolong his life, I have no idea about that. But I'm pretty sure it won't correct the problem permanently.
                        || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan View Post
                          Well, I had some very low expectations so I am fairly happy with the episode. They didnt ruin the Carson character and no replicators were involved ...Yay and even gave him a Garabaldi/Bester type of thing with Micheal..... though I was hopping for a reveal where we learned that the one that had been killed had been a clone, but what-can-you-do.

I liked the fact that Carter and Shep were never 100% trusting. Though I thought it seemed like his gaurds were not always present. I feel sorry for the character, but he didnt feel sorry for himself (for too long) and I like that.

I was suprised that Teyla was not rescued in this ep (having seen no spoilers). I was also suprised that any of the Anthosians made it out of this alive. So I guess it gets points for surpising me.

I still hate baby plot. Though I am interested in seeing the "creation" over coming the creator plot that is sure to come with Teylas boyfriend. Maybe Carson can get some ex psi-corp person to remove his block and shoot Micheal himself...that would be kind of cool (but a bit out of character).

Please tell me they didnt send the wraith worshiper to the Milky Way? Oh well, I guess the wraith already know the galaxy is there so as long as they keep this guy on some empty planet somplace he shouldnt cause many problems.

I thought everyone did a good job. It was a fine ep. Though I am sure someone will point out the plot holes for me to think about later. I was into the show enough I didnt notice. I did think the ep was a bit slow though.

Nah I just got the impression that they made the warith worshipper feel like he was in the Milky Way so he would talk. Nice tactic.

The baby plot...still bothers me too a little bit. It is getting a little overly dramatic in the department but I thought RL did a good job considering she shot this ep right before she popped!! Kudos to her on that. I wanna look that good when I am pregnant!

As for Kanan...dude is soooo gonna break free of the mind control and come to the self sacrificing rescue of Teyla and his kid!! Ya know it will happen....it happens in every show!! How they intend to deal with the baby is a whole other matter in my book.

Overall the ep was pretty good...it was definately moving and sad at times. Paul did a great with Carson. His and David's scenes were excellent.

Overall 7/10....more like a 6.5 but for Paul's great acting a 7!
                          Sigs made by EG & Teylafan
                          &=AWESOME &Forever
                          No SGA fics yet....but ya never know

Comment

I said immune system and regeneration. Not just the immune system. Carson's problem was in his DNA. Tretonin or a symbiote won't change that.

Same thing with a Sarcophagus (sp?) it might prolong his life, I have no idea about that. But I'm pretty sure it won't correct the problem permanently.
                            Oh I don't know, didn't it turn Jack back into a human when Hathor made him a Jaffa?

Comment

Sooo...how exactly does a clone get all of Carson's memories and personality? You can't get that from DNA or anything that could be drawn or scanned. *insert desperate SF handwaving*

The telomere stuff is legit. Also nice to hear about primers refusing to anneal to DNA for amplification. These guys are supposedly smart enough and have Ancient tech so they should have been able to get around it and amplify the DNA to manufacture the wraith enzyme in Carson, but whatever.

I'm rather disappointed with Teyla's "arc" - she spent most of the time dragged around or tied up or pleading with Kanaan. I was hoping she would have been more defiant and actually done something.

TPTB would be wise in the future to not stick Carson and Keller in scenes together. It shows how much of a poor substitute she's been.

The final scene with Carson was nice but felt over the top for me, like TPTB were trying to make up for how he went out in Sunday. Look, now he gets a touching farewell with just about everyone!

Good ep overall though. Might post more later.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                                Oh I don't know, didn't it turn Jack back into a human when Hathor made him a Jaffa?
                                I still don't know. It might have healed his "pouch" and regenerated his immune system but was there any alterations to his DNA in that?

Comment

Working...
                                X