Nox technology question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nox technology question

when the Nox made their first appearance on SG-1 at the end of the episode, was that a city ship? it was clearly a city and it was obviously flying, but was it a city ship like atlantis? if so, then is possible that the nox made the original city ships, not the ancients?
    Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
    sigpic

Even if it was a city ship, who's to assume that it was the Nox that originally created the concept of a flying city rather than the Ancients? It can go both ways.

Comment

I'm going to go with the Nox on this one. It fits their philosophy as a people to create floating cities leaving the nature beneath untouched.

The Ancients seemed to favor caves and rock formations across both series (SG-1: Dakara/Avalon/Taonas/Time-Loop Planet, Atlantis:Inferno/Ephiphany/Harmony etc.). Atlantis seems more or less a stand-alone effort that could have been inspired by another culture.

Disclosure: I really hope it turns out the Ancients weren't the be-all and end-all of technology in Stargate. I desperately want to see them have learned from someone.

Comment

A floating city and a city with intergalactic capabilities are two different things. The Nox "might've" introduced the idea of a portable city, but it was probably the Ancients who created the Star Drive.

Comment

maybe they build city ships together when they were 1 race. which they probly were cos the nox must have been very old and advanced at the time of the 4 great races and no human race could have been that advanced at that time. so if they were humanoids and that old they must be something along side the ancients. plus if they came from the ori galaxy with the alternans or with out them they probly done it with city ships.

Comment

I wanna see more on the Nox like what are they like on the city. Also I think city ships were around before the Alterans even left their Galaxy.

Comment

Someone some day posted two shots of the city, two different shots showing a different design for the city, I can't recall if it was supposed to show some CGI redoing for the same Nox episode, or some retcon done for a later episode which also quickly featured the city.
              The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn View Post
                Someone some day posted two shots of the city, two different shots showing a different design for the city, I can't recall if it was supposed to show some CGI redoing for the same Nox episode, or some retcon done for a later episode which also quickly featured the city.
                yeah i remember that too.

Comment

Spoiler:

It looks more like an actual city that was once built on the ground that's been scooped out and levitated. I could swear I see roots at the bottom.
                  sigpic
                  More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by Pogo01 View Post
                    A floating city and a city with intergalactic capabilities are two different things. The Nox "might've" introduced the idea of a portable city, but it was probably the Ancients who created the Star Drive.
                    that sounds like a good theory to me. the ancients didn't come up with the original idea but expanded on it.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RepliVeggie View Post
                      I wanna see more on the Nox like what are they like on the city. Also I think city ships were around before the Alterans even left their Galaxy.
                      me to. i'd also love to learn about nox politics. it must be hard to stay neutral when everyone around you is under attack.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tombombadail View Post
                        me to. i'd also love to learn about nox politics. it must be hard to stay neutral when everyone around you is under attack.
                        specialy wth those furling on crack..

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn View Post
                          One shot was from 'The Nox', the other was from a flashback in 'Out Of Mind'.

Comment

We don't know how advanced the Nox are. That city looks like it was once on the ground as there are stalagtites hanging from it. I doubt they Nox are anywhere near the Ancients.

Comment

We don't know how advanced the Nox are.
                              Quite true.

That city looks like it was once on the ground as there are stalagtites hanging from it.
                              Those were roots

There were buildings and towers and trees growing. With the Nox having their tree fetish, it makes sense that their city-ship would look like a cross between Atlantis and a botanical garden.

I doubt they Nox are anywhere near the Ancients.
                              Just because the ones we saw were spiritual, treehugging hippies doesn't mean the Nox as a species don't know how to build really cool technology.

I always considered the Nox to be sort of like the aliens in E.T. They cruise around to habitable planets and collect interesting flora. Then maybe when they come to a planet that could support plant-life, they drop some seeds and see what happens. Sort of like the ancients, but with plants instead of people.
                              It's too bad we won't see the Nox again (at least the foreseeable future).
                              Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

Working...
                              X