stargate sg-1 tech variations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stargate sg-1 tech variations

Here's a question I've been wondering, has anyone noticed the weapons and the variations of them. Like the Zat, it's been painted so many different colors and I was just wondering if this was for some reason. And the Ribbon Device, It's been Gold, Silver, and a bronze color. Was this for some reason or did the prop makers just want to show that the gouald had style and didn't just all use one thing, that they were unique??? And theirs lots of other stuff to.... Anyone got anything???

(Oh and by the way I know your all envious of my recentley purchased stargate prop, their original finger tips from the ribbon device, ps- their a bronze color with like a black color underneath, so I think you can tell that they didn't just repaint the ribbon devices over and over again. Although it did say they were used in the episode mobious where Ra wore the fingertips but you can tell they were taken off a hand device.)

Unique to each system lord perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Pogo01 View Post
      Unique to each system lord perhaps?
      Or the color was a symbol of the System lords rank. The higher in status they were, the bolder tthe color..

Comment

i think that it has to do with how old the system lord is. a couple of examples are Osiris and Marduk both had silver ribbon devices and aphosis had a gold one as well as all the ones at the summit. maybe the silver ones were from the older system lords because both Osiris and Marduk had hid theirs before they were banished. so i think it has something to do with the age the system lord rained in like before the fall of the second go'uld dynasty or something like that

Comment

Yea thats a good theory, I wonder if each system lords builds their own ribbon devices and stuff, or if they buy specialty items like that from individual gouald. Mabe the ribbon devices can be customized and stuff to. Cause Osiris had a silver one and a bronze colored one which was specific to her dna. Mabe they just have a lot of them, oh and i think in the episode when we see Osiris leave earth she has a gold one, and it was just being stored on earth. I guess they must just have multiple ones, just like the hand healing device, its probably the higher level you are, like system lords have a lot and minor gouald have like one. I wonder how many earth has by now cause we have seen many in the show so I wonder if they like take them off the dead gouald they find and kill?? any ideas?

Comment

I guess the ribbon device is not a mass produced thing rather each individual makes his own thus all of them are a bit different. Something like lightsabers in SW.

Comment

its probly just a style thing like apophis had gold zats and a gold had device because all his stuff is like that

sokars jaffa had black wepons to fit the colour of the armour gold dosnt match red and black

in that wpisode where jafa and tokra are at the alpha site they have all diferent colours of staffs and zats

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

Working...
              X