Earth's Control of the Universe #SPOILERS ALL SEASONS#

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Earth's Control of the Universe #SPOILERS ALL SEASONS#

After some reflection on "Be All My Sins Remember'd", I have come to a single conclusion; Earth-based humanity is the single most-powerful faction in the entire universe (not counting ascended beings).

My proof? Until now, we had surpassed most other powers encountered;
    - Tollan were outclassed when Earth began developing Asgard-level technologies.
    - Goa'uld were outclassed with the development of the DSC-304 and the establishment of Atlantis Base.
    - Wraith were outclassed when the Asgard legacy was passed on to Earth.

But until now, there was one living group that always stayed just higher than Earth; the Asgard. However, by Season 4 of Stargate Atlantis, it seems we have trumped them, as well;
    - The Asgard were unable to stop the Replicators until the invention of the disruptor technology (an Ancient device, not Tau'ri). Even then, no one could see how it would be possible to destroy them once and for all, since Replicators had the ability to become immune to the disruptor after it had been fired enough times.

But in "Be All My Sins Remember'd", Rodney manages to find the ultimate solution to the Replicator question, in only a few months, mind you. The Asgard, with their hundreds-of-years-long war, should have been able to extrapolate such an idea; it was not "primitive", it did not rely on previous knowledge of the disruptor (McKay merely said it gave him the idea, but it was a radically different method), and the Asgard should have been able to build their own Replicator rather easily and upload the commands to the subspace network, especially following their study of Reese.

What does this mean? Earth, after only 11 years of galactic exploration, and in-depth study of high technology for only about 7 of those yeards, has surpassed all living species in terms of advancements. This comes as a disapointment for me, as I have always loved seeing the writers find ways for even us, the much-inferior faction, to win. But it seems they would rather dazzle us with flashy plot-holes and CGI battles than clever writing, and it is a sad day for Stargate when societies that have existed for hundreds of thousands of years are bested by a primitive group of primates.

Thoughts?
    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Perhaps the writers will turn it around and face a more primative enemy against us but will be able to cause havoc and beat the hell out of us using numbers etc etc etc. We may have the most powerful ships availible but we only have 3 of them and 3 ships cannot win a war on their own

Comment

Originally posted by jnadreth View Post
      Perhaps the writers will turn it around and face a more primative enemy against us but will be able to cause havoc and beat the hell out of us using numbers etc etc etc. We may have the most powerful ships availible but we only have 3 of them and 3 ships cannot win a war on their own

i agree. i mean our ships are uber powerful but as they said in BAMSR deddy and apollo against the asuran fleet would be a no win situation

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
      Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

that would be awsome

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

Originally posted by jonos101 View Post
          [/B]

i agree. i mean our ships are uber powerful but as they said in BAMSR deddy and apollo against the asuran fleet would be a no win situation
          True, but think in a few seasons, at the rate of one 304 per season (sometimes more)... it'll be near-impossible for anyone to stand against Earth.
          Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
          Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
            True, but think in a few seasons, at the rate of one 304 per season (sometimes more)... it'll be near-impossible for anyone to stand against Earth.
            true. ill give u that 1

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
            Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

the asgard couldn't of came up with the idea because mw replicators are different then the asurans, the asurans are made from nanites thats how they idea of making them super magnetic came from, the mw replicators are blocks i am sure thats very different.
              Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
              Anime signature in spoiler tag
              Spoiler:
              Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

MW replicators are more advanced than Pegasus replicators. Also, the only reason why replicators in Pegasus were defeated SOOO easliy was because they retreated and went back to their homeworld.
                When they went back to their homeworld, they could easily get taken out by a blob thing
                MW replicators have no homeworld.

Also, asgards didn't find a way to stop the replicators because

a) They had no replicator making machine which could expand beyond subspace level.
                b) Even if they had a replicator making machine, what are the chances that all replicators are in a solar system.

Comment

Originally posted by jhkplaya888 View Post
                  the asgard couldn't of came up with the idea because mw replicators are different then the asurans, the asurans are made from nanites thats how they idea of making them super magnetic came from, the mw replicators are blocks i am sure thats very different.
                  nah when the bonds form Niam separted they were blocks.

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                    After some reflection on "Be All My Sins Remember'd", I have come to a single conclusion; Earth-based humanity is the single most-powerful faction in the entire universe (not counting ascended beings).

My proof? Until now, we had surpassed most other powers encountered;
                    - Tollan were outclassed when Earth began developing Asgard-level technologies.
                    - Goa'uld were outclassed with the development of the DSC-304 and the establishment of Atlantis Base.
                    - Wraith were outclassed when the Asgard legacy was passed on to Earth.

But until now, there was one living group that always stayed just higher than Earth; the Asgard. However, by Season 4 of Stargate Atlantis, it seems we have trumped them, as well;
                    - The Asgard were unable to stop the Replicators until the invention of the disruptor technology (an Ancient device, not Tau'ri). Even then, no one could see how it would be possible to destroy them once and for all, since Replicators had the ability to become immune to the disruptor after it had been fired enough times.

But in "Be All My Sins Remember'd", Rodney manages to find the ultimate solution to the Replicator question, in only a few months, mind you. The Asgard, with their hundreds-of-years-long war, should have been able to extrapolate such an idea; it was not "primitive", it did not rely on previous knowledge of the disruptor (McKay merely said it gave him the idea, but it was a radically different method), and the Asgard should have been able to build their own Replicator rather easily and upload the commands to the subspace network, especially following their study of Reese.

What does this mean? Earth, after only 11 years of galactic exploration, and in-depth study of high technology for only about 7 of those yeards, has surpassed all living species in terms of advancements. This comes as a disapointment for me, as I have always loved seeing the writers find ways for even us, the much-inferior faction, to win. But it seems they would rather dazzle us with flashy plot-holes and CGI battles than clever writing, and it is a sad day for Stargate when societies that have existed for hundreds of thousands of years are bested by a primitive group of primates.

Thoughts?
                    You have to remember that the Asurans and the Replicators are very different from one another despite the similarities. The Replicators are constantly evolving and replicating meaning that even a few members of their kind are enough to become a galaxy wide threat plus there is no access to a base code programming of any kind with them. The Asurans are however static, unchanging since the moment of their creation plus plenty of information was acquired from them thanks to Lantean computers and stuff. The Replicators however were so far beyond their origins that there was no point of comparison. As such, they would be far deadlier to face then the Asurans were who were dumbed down to make a foe that was more manageable and easier to fight.

Anyway, I know Earth is supposed to be the good guys and all but it seems silly that a planet that has most of its population unaware of space exploration and is divided to a degree that the very same advanced technology they have acquired could be used to destroy themselves can be labelled as the supreme power in the universe. I agree with you there... and the defeat of the Ori means that another advanced foe has been defeated with goodness knows how many people wondering if we will strip them of their advanced technology to make a Super Earth Fleet. *sigh* Sometimes it seems that Earth is almost getting unbeatable... sure you can have some intelligent enemies who are primitive and all but space superiority means that Earth will always have the upper hand. Asgard beam technology means you can transport troops into an enemy command centre (like on Asuras) and the beam weapons are capable of taking on the most powerful shields known.

Meh... rant semi-over...

Originally posted by Dr.Mckay View Post
                    nah when the bonds form Niam separted they were blocks.
                    I think he means that they are the same in terms of construction and certain weaknesses but thats about it. Earth never found a base code to exploit among the original Replicators and they were nearly unstoppable in both their ships and other forms. The Wraith-Asuran War was somewhat of an even playing field between the two but the Goa'uld-Replicator War was so one sided that the Replicators would have won easily had the Dakara device not been used.

I would rate the Replicators just below the Ascended Ancients and the Ori in terms of power and technology.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

I think as seen, the MW Replicators are far more powerful than the Asurans and constanly evolving.

Too bad really, the Asurans had so much potential, espeically since they could tamper with their base code. The were off'd too easily.

Ori followers still have fleet of ships, probably number 100 or so.

Earth can become the most powerful, since now have the most powerful ships, and by far if ZPM's are in the picture.

Comment

Originally posted by JSPuddlejumper View Post
                        I think as seen, the MW Replicators are far more powerful than the Asurans and constanly evolving.

Too bad really, the Asurans had so much potential, espeically since they could tamper with their base code. The were off'd too easily.

Ori followers still have fleet of ships, probably number 100 or so.

Earth can become the most powerful, since now have the most powerful ships, and by far if ZPM's are in the picture.
                        i highly doubt that they have a 100 ships more like 20, if they had 100 ships why were only 4 used to attack the oddasy?
                        Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
                        Anime signature in spoiler tag
                        Spoiler:
                        Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

I agree with the idea of a more primitive race, it would be cool for a lesser race, like we were 10 years ago, to start giving us a run for our money. A less high tech solution could be in order.
                          Best quotes ever:
                          O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
                          Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
                          Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
                          Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
                          Thor:I like the yellow ones
                          O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

Perhaps the Genii as they are at the right kind off level????

Comment

Perhaps the Genii as they are at the right kind off level????
                              Too primitive. In any realistic war, we'd have the Apollo and Daedalus bombard their homeworld from orbit and they couldn't stop us.

Comment

Working...
                              X