BC-303 Prometheus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BC-303 Prometheus

Anything and everything about the Prometheus here as a she doesn't get as much time as she deserves. While watching Ethon recently I saw what appeared to be an inconsistency relating to her fighterbays. In the Episode we saw Blue flight launching out of the Starboard pod-the problem is that when the ship enters hyperspace the rear of the pods glows blue indicating its part of the propulsion system. I'm puzzled that they could fit both in such a small area as I originally thought that the fighter bay(singular) was just below the Bridge and behind the VLS tubes. Does anyone have any idea's on this one or anything else about the Prommie

Different modeling company changed things around
    Vote Anubis for President in 2012
    A Face you Can Trust
    sigpic
    So whats the worst that could happen?
    Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
    It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

You have a few mistakes.

The prometheus never had a VLS (Vertical launch System) they had normal Close-in-weapon-systems.

It never even had railguns, if only a few, which some were diverted to Atlantis to help in its defense.

The hangers did not glow blue when it came out of hyperspace. Show me proof of what you saw.

The hyperspace pods were originally just Tauri hyperspace engines later replaced by an alkesh hyperdrive, and finally an asgard hyperdrive.
      They were then converted to hanger bays. It originally had 2 openings (Minus the various doors on the outside. Under the command deck and in the front by the neck. Both had a small hanger and elevator that either personnels or equipment came up (IE. f-302's)
      Visit my Website

Comment

I don't know why the didn'y keep the in production, even though the 304 surpasses that it could be reclassified as a destroyer type or something.
        sigpic
        "We are the Fifth Race. Our role is clear. If there is any hope in preserving the future, it lies with us."
        Signature made by RJB

Comment

maybe the pheonix is a 303 model, it would suit the name and joe said seaon 4 has no new ships so its not a 305.
          Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
            You have a few mistakes.

The prometheus never had a VLS (Vertical launch System) they had normal Close-in-weapon-systems.

It never even had railguns, if only a few, which some were diverted to Atlantis to help in its defense.

The hangers did not glow blue when it came out of hyperspace. Show me proof of what you saw.

The hyperspace pods were originally just Tauri hyperspace engines later replaced by an alkesh hyperdrive, and finally an asgard hyperdrive.
            They were then converted to hanger bays. It originally had 2 openings (Minus the various doors on the outside. Under the command deck and in the front by the neck. Both had a small hanger and elevator that either personnels or equipment came up (IE. f-302's)
            Have you watched ethon recently? When it fired missiles at the ori weapon the missiles launched vertically then forward.

Pendergast also ordered the railguns to be readied.

The hangers did glow blue when in hyperspace. just as they used to when those pods weren't hangers at all. However looking at it they did go back to being hangers when they droped out of hyperspace.

Observe this screen cap from the eppy:
            (spoilered for size.)

Spoiler:

Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Actually I think that is why ultimately the Prometheus met an unfortunate fate.

it just had to many little inconsistencies in the FX shots. In Grace the rear missile launchers are horizontal. The 304's on the other hand has had very consistent weapon placements.

Comment

Originally posted by wilson359 View Post
                I don't know why the didn'y keep the in production, even though the 304 surpasses that it could be reclassified as a destroyer type or something.
                I completely agree as it still was a very powerful ship which could take a Ha'tak on possibly 2 if she was equiped with the stuff she had by "Ethon". I also strongly agree that they should have continued production as they could serve as light cruisers alongside the BC-304 battlecruisers. If the Stargate program produced a BC-304 a year which is a far larger ship easily reaching 700 meters then the far smaller BC-303 should be very easy to bring into service probably less than 6 months per ship

When the Asgard gave us their legacy and all the BC-304's were given several Plasma Beam weapons each the BC-303's could have been give one each as their manouverability is a bit better than the 304's as her Thrust to mass ratio would be higher and also since the are far smaller they present a far smaller target surface. With the ship pulling evasive manouvers and coming up behind an Ori ship the 303 could kill it as dodging the main cannons should be easy
                Last edited by jnadreth; 24 January 2008, 04:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                  Have you watched ethon recently? When it fired missiles at the ori weapon the missiles launched vertically then forward.

Pendergast also ordered the railguns to be readied.

The hangers did glow blue when in hyperspace. just as they used to when those pods weren't hangers at all. However looking at it they did go back to being hangers when they droped out of hyperspace.

Observe this screen cap from the eppy:
                  (spoilered for size.)

Spoiler:

pic doesn't work

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                    pic doesn't work
                    awww crap. I can't find the pic i found now either. Someone wanna help me out here.

Comment

Here's clips from Ethon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jw1W4TCSueQ

Comment

that definately shows VLS rockets

Comment

If you look where they shoot off, they come off the front where there is no room for a VLS. They are more than likely ABL (Armored Box Launcher).
                          Visit my Website

Comment

That would be difficult to apply as the box launcher would
                            1)Need to be retracted for reloading
                            2)Could only fire 1 size of missile
                            And
                            3)would be easily shot off the hull when fired upon

VLS tubes are far more likely although in fewer numbers and with less ordanace than the BC-304 carries.

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post

It did have railguns, the only time it didn't have weapons was when it was being tested, even then I think it did. It didn't have as many placements as the 304s but it could still fire several, see the lost city pt2 for proof.
                              Best quotes ever:
                              O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
                              Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
                              Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
                              Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
                              Thor:I like the yellow ones
                              O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

Working...
                              X