This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eli Stone Thread

Personally, this show looks rather interesting. I live and work in San Francisco and I have seen the cast and crew, on a few occasions, filming in various parts of the city. I noticed that the pilot has a cameo appearence from George Michael who sings 'Faith' in it. I also noticed that all of the 9 episodes that have been made, all are titled after his various hit songs. Anyone else seen the trailor or read anything about it or have any thoughts, ideas or comments, this is the place to discuss them. It premieres January 31 on ABC right after the 'Lost' season premiere

Synopsis:
    Following on the success of their current hit Brothers and Sisters, Ken Olin (Alias), Marc Guggenheim and Greg Berlanti (Everwood) create a unique, character-driven drama that explores the very different worlds of law and spirituality in a humorous and heartfelt way. Combining the fantasy and spirituality from Ghost Whisperer, sincerity and passion from The Practice and quirky humor from Monk, the show explores whether we can change the course of our lives in midstream.

Today, the worst thing happened to mercenary attorney Eli Stone. A case made him care. As if that's not hard enough for a soulless shark, Eli's also hallucinating -- larger-than-life visions of pop stars and his dead relatives. Could it be that Eli's not cut out to be a cutthroat lawyer but actually has a higher calling? Well, if the universe can bring his college girlfriend back to him, then maybe he needs to risk everything he's worked for, including gunning for partner and his relationship with the boss' daughter, to take on his own law firm. Eli's as surprised as anyone that it works and that it feels so good.

Now, instead of defending evil mega-corporations, he's fighting for the little guy in his law firm's new pro-bono department. As for those visions, his doctor thinks it might be an aneurysm, just like the one that tortured his father. But Eli sees a greater possibility, a destiny to become a spiritual prophet. He might not have been anyone's first choice but, given his looks, charm and intelligence, it's an excellent one.

Eli Stone stars Jonny Lee Miller (Smith, Trainspotting), Natasha Henstridge (Commander-in-Chief), Loretta Devine (Grey's Anatomy, Waiting To Exhale) and six-time Emmy® nominee Victor Garber (Alias, Legally Blonde), and Julie Gonzalo (Veronica Mars). Over the years, the legal trade has earned billions… but with Eli Stone, it has finally made a prophet. Source

Cast:
    Jonny Lee Miller: Eli Stone
    Victor Garber: Jordan Wethersby
    Natasha Henstridge: Taylor Wethersby
    Loretta Devine: Patti
    James Saito: Dr. Chen
    Sam Jaeger: Matt Dowd
    Laura Benanti: Beth Keller
    Julie Gonzalo:
    the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
    Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

I have caught and seen a few trailers for the new ABC show Eli Stone based in San Francisco. It definetly has a fantasy/scifi feel to it, a lot like 'Pushing Daises' does. My wife and I both find the premise quite interesting and are both looking forward to watching the pilot epiosde.

My wife, and me to some extent, also love the fact that George Michael is guest starring in the pilot and then each following episode will feature George Michael classic hit songs.

Comment

My first thought when i read the premise a few months ago was that this was going to be a a slightly reversed variation on Ally McBeal.. I'm definitely interested.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel View Post
        My first thought when i read the premise a few months ago was that this was going to be a a slightly reversed variation on Ally McBeal.. I'm definitely interested.
        It does look like it has an Ally McBeal feel to it, the George Michael theme is a plus, and early reviews love it, I'm definitely in as well!

Comment

I'll definitely check out the premiere, and see what happens. If I don't like it, nothing will be lost.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Here are a few rather funny Eli Stone trailers I got off of YouTube. This show looks like it's going to wild and fun. Enjoy.....

George Michael, this one is very funny....
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOdd7OoEoi4
            More George Michael hilarity....
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCUwVztRmfk
            This one is quite funny as well....
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6PpZPET68E
            the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
            Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
              Here are a few rather funny Eli Stone trailers I got off of YouTube. This show looks like it's going to wild and fun. Enjoy.....

George Michael, this one is very funny....
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOdd7OoEoi4
              More George Michael hilarity....
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCUwVztRmfk
              This one is quite funny as well....
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6PpZPET68E
              Thank's for the trailer post Fifth Race, I laughed so hard that I almost spit coffee through my nose when I watched them. This show looks quite funny.

I got my Tivo all set up to record the Lost season premiere and then the pilot episode of Eli Stone tonight.

Comment

Watching it right now and so far it isn't bad. It has the Chief's wife from Grey's Anatomy in it (I knew that face/voice the second she showed up) and some of the lawyerish talk and certain aspects the case are a bit irksome (but then most of the time these things aren't too accurate) but that's not a show-stopper.

The George Michael bit was/is great though. I'd be feeling nuts too if I saw him singing and dancing on my coffee table. Also all the hallucinations he's having are pretty funny and out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Teelie View Post
                  Watching it right now and so far it isn't bad. It has the Chief's wife from Grey's Anatomy in it (I knew that face/voice the second she showed up) and some of the lawyerish talk and certain aspects the case are a bit irksome (but then most of the time these things aren't too accurate) but that's not a show-stopper.

The George Michael bit was/is great though. I'd be feeling nuts too if I saw him singing and dancing on my coffee table. Also all the hallucinations he's having are pretty funny and out there.
                  Thank's for the update Teelie, I specifically logged on to GW at this time to see if anyone on the East Coast was watching or had seen the Pilot episode. And you gave me exactly what I had hoped for. My wife and I are getting ready to watch Eli on Hi-Def right after Lost is over.

We love George Michael (her more than me). Faith is a great song and a truly great album. I loved those trailers that Fifth Race posted up.

Comment

It was okay, nothing spectacular or mind blowing. To parody Starship troopers

"Its got my wed. 10:00 spot till it is replaced by a better show or dies"

Comment

I agree, it's not the next Lost or Heroes or anything like that but it could make a full season at this point. I won't give anything away you haven't seen in trailers or teasers but the premise of him being a prophet with the hallucinations and potential job and personal life conflicts are shaping up to make for an interesting series.

Comment

I watched this last night, and I was actually surprised. I didn't think I'd like it, but it was pretty good! I agree it was nothing spectacular, but I'll watch it.

Only thing is, I had "Faith" by George Michael stuck in my head all day today...
                        There's far too much to take in here...
                        SG1
                        More to find than can ever be found...

Comment

Originally posted by Splash View Post
                          I watched this last night, and I was actually surprised. I didn't think I'd like it, but it was pretty good! I agree it was nothing spectacular, but I'll watch it.

Only thing is, I had "Faith" by George Michael stuck in my head all day today...
                          maybe your a prophet

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatLordGeorge View Post
                            maybe your a prophet
                            Well, that would certainly be interesting.
                            There's far too much to take in here...
                            SG1
                            More to find than can ever be found...

Comment

Originally posted by Splash View Post
                              I was surprised at how much my wife and I enjoyed it as well. I really didn't know what to expect and I actually got more than I expected. Eli is a very likable character that is easy to laugh at or with. There was enough seriousness mixed with fantasy and good comedy to make the show a winner IMO. I read where one critic said Eli Stone is cross between Ally McBeal, Boston Legal and Pushing Daises. - That sums up it pretty well.
                              Originally posted by Splash
                              I have had that song stuck in my head for days when I watched the great trailers that Fifth Race posted up.

I noticed that all the upcoming episodes have George Michael songs as there titles, I hope the musical theme sticks.

Comment

Working...
                              X