Design the 304 escape pod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Design the 304 escape pod

I been thinking about the escape pod of 304, remember the episode "Grace" ,Sam woke up on the Prometheus and all the crew and the escape pod are gone. we never saw much of the 303 escape pod.

But Earth only has about 3 starship in 2 Galaxy, we have more enemy than allies and even our ally is not that relible.

We have beaming tech now but if anything happen and and 304 is nowhere near a planet with breathable atmosphere or any friendy ship .The escape pod must allow the crew to stay on as long as possible.

But the 304 , if i were the writer of the Stargate , i would design the esape with the following technologies

Lifesupport equipement for Oxygen generation
    Oxygen tank for emergencysuppy
    food supply, + medical supply
    Naqahdah generator for power and lifesupport

Naqahdriah hyperdrive , to get away form the enemy ,it is small and unstable it can't control the destination, it is perfect to get away from the enemy.

An missile, the one use in 302 , as self defence weapon and can be program to use the rocket thruster for the pod to travel with extra speed.

a sublight engine like the one on the glider, remember the X-301 can travel to the edge of the solar system from Earth.

A wrath beaming tech storge for support storage to save space, and if any injury crewmen need immediate medical attention , just store him or her in the device and re-materise the crewmen when the help is arrive.And if the food and supply run out just materialise the crew the beaming buffer until help arrive.

A sub space beacon , but only earth ship can detect the signal , we don't want the enemy to locate them.

Armed escape pods would be targeted, hyperdrives are too large for pods and the beaming tech is to power hungry-escape pods need to be simple and very robust so can survive a beating with ease. Having all that tech onboard overcomplicates the pods prurpose as what your secape pod suggests is a full blown ship. Just look at how simple the Goa'uld escape pod is

Comment

bog standard stasis pod with a subspace becon

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

I'm thinking something like Star Wars. For one, escape pods are meant to be the equivalent of life boats on sea ships. They're meant to abandon the ship at a moments notice in case of emergency for people to survive certain doom.

They could NEVER be armed because if you were in a war, instead of the enemy picking you up and making you a POW, they would undoubtedly declare you more trouble than you're worth and shoot you out of the sky. The point is to survive, not be a hero. If you wanted to be a hero, you should of stayed on the ship.

So basically something simple and effective. It would have to have some type of alert beacon to tell people where you are, energy, and food/water to surive a few days. Other than that, hope you have a rescue mission coming.
        Geral Corasjo

Comment

The ultimate emergency ejection craft!

Can hold a good few people. Can cloak & hide until help arises. Can fly down to a nearby planet or through a spacegate back to Atlantis. Has Drones for defense or offense. Has a shield etc, etc.

Simply put 4, 5 of them in the 304's bay & your sorted.

Of course it would be cool to see a human version specifically for the 304's!

Comment

Originally posted by eps200 View Post
            bog standard stasis pod with a subspace becon
            Thats boring. I think Wraith_boy already has it with the PJ though, the only problem is that we probably can't build them. An earth based version would be cool, but it would lose it's cool look.
            Best quotes ever:
            O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
            Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
            Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
            Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
            Thor:I like the yellow ones
            O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith_Boy View Post
              The ultimate emergency ejection craft!

Can hold a good few people. Can cloak & hide until help arises. Can fly down to a nearby planet or through a spacegate back to Atlantis. Has Drones for defense or offense. Has a shield etc, etc.

Simply put 4, 5 of them in the 304's bay & your sorted.

Of course it would be cool to see a human version specifically for the 304's!
              That is true they would make good escape pods.. But their numbers are limited.. I could see pods like they had on the Enterprise in first contact being launched,,

Comment

yes, i've been ong awaitng an EarthJumper

Comment

wraith dart type thing, just get beamed in and the pilot scarpers, human version with a hyperdrive.

job sorted
                  sigpic
                  EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
                  -Liberty Prime

Comment

How about this for a escape pod. It incorporates a powerful subspace beacon & is powered by two Mk I Naqahdah Generators. Holds up to seven people with food & oxygen provided by Asgard matter replication technology. Features Jumper style sublight engines.

Its in windows paint but you get the idea (I hope).

sigpic
                    "We are the Fifth Race. Our role is clear. If there is any hope in preserving the future, it lies with us."
                    Signature made by RJB

Comment

Ive got the ultimate solution for an escape pod

make it a small box bout the same size as a puddle jumper what its equiped with and why:

Cloak - to stay hidden whilst the enemies about
                      wraith transporter - put the crew into stasis this way will most likely keep them from dying of hunger and aging and saves space making the pod smaller and hader to hit
                      shields - for protection obviosly
                      subspace transpoder - so rescue ships can find it
                      hyperdrive - either programed to go to nearest world or nearest safe base if vesable.

This way you would only need to keep 2 or 3 escape pods for the entire crew and can be very compact, if you use asgard beaming tech into a wraith buffer it might be possible to jetison the escape pods at the begining of the battle or when all is obviosly lost and any that get away safely can transport the crew reducing the chances of getting blasted when ejected.

i especialy like the wraith transporter idea anyone agree??

Edit: dammit someone else already thought of the transporter i shouldve read the entire thread but i got bored, im all sad now. : (
                      if it wasnt for Carters new plot shield we would be dead

Comment

Working...
                      X