Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

304's Asgard beam and Dr Felger 's weapon and..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

304's Asgard beam and Dr Felger 's weapon and..

Now ,the 304 are armed with the Asgard beam weapon, what would happen to Dr Felger weapon design?
    I mean the Asgard beam is powerful and reliable, but it would be a waste to abandon Dr Felger and Earth's decade long energy weapon research.

Dr Felger's weapon is base on the Goa'uld design ,probably plasma base weapon.
    From the Transcript of the "BAMSR", the Asgard beam is also plasma base.

In S10 Bounty , Sam use the Earth base energy weapon ,it could have been the infantry version of Dr Felger's weapon.They also all it plasma cannon.

Can we diversified Earth's weapon , i mean the Tollan only concentrated on Ion Cannon
    research, then the Anubis armed his ship with new shield, the Tollan were just wipe out in one or two day (as far as we were told).

I think Dr Felger's weapon should be use to replace some of the rail gun, i still believe in Rail gun,we can't use the Asgard beam if we don't want to destory the enemy ship, but we need something a bit more powerful to defend ourself in such situation, and SGA team use use some new earth base energy infantry weapon.Ronon's gun is powerful ,but it is Traveller's tehnologies.

And i think Earth should do a bit more research on other non plasma base energy weapon
    like the Ori beam or large version of the Zat Gun, EMP pulse weapon, or even laser.

those were suposed to replace missles so they may be guided...

Comment

I personally believe that is another thing about a older race helping a younger one, that the younger race will forget what their ideas are and not go beyond their mentors -- which in this case, might be a bad thing (
      Spoiler:
      the Asgard did kill themselves....
      ) so, yea.

But I hope they continue to develop new weapons, which I am sure they will.

Comment

not sure about using energy weapons on ships, but a good energy based infantry gun weapon is something we need, our p90s are to old...
        Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
        Anime signature in spoiler tag
        Spoiler:
        Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

Originally posted by Blistna View Post
          I personally believe that is another thing about a older race helping a younger one, that the younger race will forget what their ideas are and not go beyond their mentors -- which in this case, might be a bad thing (
          Spoiler:
          the Asgard did kill themselves....
          ) so, yea.

But I hope they continue to develop new weapons, which I am sure they will.
          A very interesting point as far as technology goes, hopefully the Taur'i will combine the two technology's and continue to use railguns as well as beam weapons so that we have a full weapons diversity-we would not want to rely on a single weapon type like the Tollan did!!!

Comment

Pretty sure ori beams are made of plasma as well. Diversity is nice but changing the color of the weapons fire would be enough to satisfy most fans.

P90s maybe old but they are actually the best possible weapon to give a sg team. its barrel is longer than a mp5 therefore more acurate, and the round used is armor piercing. By beating the mp5 out on these fields they qualify well as field weapons, im not sure if the barrel is longer than the M4. The trigger is placed near the end of the barrel so it has the turn radius of a hand gun making it possibly the most destructive and brillian close quarter gun. The gun is reasonably light and durable, easy to maintain. Best possible weapon without getting absurd and saying to use the SAW or M60.
            Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Not forgetting that the P90 had all those other weapons attached to it e.g. kull warrior killer

Comment

Originally posted by ckwongau View Post
                Now ,the 304 are armed with the Asgard beam weapon, what would happen to Dr Felger weapon design?
                I mean the Asgard beam is powerful and reliable, but it would be a waste to abandon Dr Felger and Earth's decade long energy weapon research.
                I stopped reading after this line, because your credibility has been shot. Anyone who trusts Felger's technology deserves to be carted off to the loony bin.

Comment

Originally posted by jnadreth View Post
                  A very interesting point as far as technology goes, hopefully the Taur'i will combine the two technology's and continue to use railguns as well as beam weapons so that we have a full weapons diversity-we would not want to rely on a single weapon type like the Tollan did!!!
                  I think they'll have their work cut out getting up to asgard standard tech for the next hundred years. Though when we can we will work on advancing the weapons we have, the enemies won'thave their asses kicked by those asgard weapons forever
                  Best quotes ever:
                  O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
                  Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
                  Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
                  Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
                  Thor:I like the yellow ones
                  O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

All true, but we will probably be 100 times more advanced in terms of technology by the time we start ascending

Comment

We really need like a plasma pistol or something, because projectile weapons are great -- like the p90 -- for replicators. Energy weapons are good for humans and Wraith.

Actually, a plasma pistol like Ronan has would do. I say pistol though so they can have both, a p90 and a "plasma pistol".

Comment

I think our ships need something similar to Star Trek phasers not to destroy a ship but rather render it inactive. Maybe we can come up with new beam tech less destructive then the plasma beams.
                        I completely agree we need some kind of energy weapons for our SG teams, I mean it's been 12 years and we still use enemies weapons. SG1-Zats; SGA-wraith stunner's,traveler's gun. We need non lethal weapons and we can still carry projectiles weapons or better make a hybrid like the drones but use bullets energy bullet that can kill or stun?

Tain

sigpic

Comment

We don't actually know whether the
                          Spoiler:
                          Asgard knowledge base that we get in Unending
                          included information about any hand-held weapons that they may have had. Sure, when we met them, they were not into the whole close quarters thing but they can't have always been like that.

Ultimately, its all about diversity. As people have said about the Tollan, they relied on a single defensive technology, which when it was overcome, left them totally defenceless (screwed). We need a variety of weapons for any of the number of situations or enemies we might encounter.

The thing about the p90, its proven effective against a whole host of enemies that we've met, in fact most of them (apart from the replicators) and its multi purpose. You can cover a wide area with suppressive fire, something you can't do with a zat, wraith stunner, staff weapon, asuran pistol and you have the option to use it accurately if needed. So if you have to go through the gate with a limited number of weapons and they can't carry all of the different ones we've encountered, you want to take the one thats appriopriate for most of the situations you're going to find yourself in.

And there are loads of different types of plasma weapon available from Ori and Asgard beams to Felgers/Lee's plasma rifle designs just like there are lots of different types of projectile weapon available now from pistols to tank rounds, same principle, different applications.
                          Nu ani Anquietas :: We are the Ancients, well some of us

Comment

Immediate easy fix:

We can replace our rail guns with the best Ion cannon type weapons around: Asgard (must be in their database, can replicate it) or Ori (can ask them now for help).

Comment

Can you imagine having 20 of those asgard pulse cannons from the wings of the oniel to replace the larger railguns?

Comment

Working...
                              X