ancient and replicator ships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ancient and replicator ships

ok, why do the ancients and the replicators only have one class of ship. Every other race has at least two diffrent classes. Earth has promethius and deadilus. Gould has ha'tak and scout. and asgard has onell and research. But why don't the great ancients have any more fighting ships

I think you need to watch the show some more.

Earth had the:
    x-302
    f-302
    x-303
    bc-304

Ancients had:
    Aurora class
    Cloakings class
    Puddlejumper
    They had more but were never seen

Goa'uld:
    Hatak
    Alkesh
    tel'tak
    Advanced Hatak
    Anubis Flagship
    Anubis Supership
    Deathglider
    Needle Threader
    Apophis' New Ship
    Osirus' Ship

Theres definitely enough ships being shown, they dont want to put everything up in one episode or season for that matter because you would lose interest if you seen a fleet of ships in one season, but if its going to be shown in some episode next season, it perks your interest and you tune in.
    Visit my Website

Comment

The Replicators also had the "Cruiser" that was seen in "Adrift" fighting the Apollo.

Comment

The Asurans had at least 2 we sow one in Adrift. It looked like a big puddle jumper, probably just a cruiser, it had a cloak and looked bigger then the Apollo from the sides.
        Lanteans had couple of classes. We sow them in The Progeny when Narim showed it to Elizabet, during their mind meld lol (whatever you call having a hand in your head? )

sigpic

Comment

Those weird puddle jumper ships were also shown in "This Mortal Coil".

Vala,

Comment

Yeah Maniac Mike had that listed as cloaking class.

Comment

Was the X-303 class ever intended for mass production? It doesn't seem so. Based on the timeline, it looks like they learned what they needed to from the 303 and got a good ship in the process and then moved on to the 304.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
                Was the X-303 class ever intended for mass production? It doesn't seem so. Based on the timeline, it looks like they learned what they needed to from the 303 and got a good ship in the process and then moved on to the 304.
                the 303 was not build for asgard tech. so when they got the asgard tech they changed the design to make the 304.

Comment

well we do know the ancients had a science vessel from the episode echoes. we just haven't seen it yet. i am guessing it might be the size of the asgard science vessel(daniel jackson class)

Comment

In the season 7 episode "Enemy Mine" they said they were mining naquadah for mass production of BC-303's.

I think when the Asgard decided to share more tech with Earth, they thought it would be better to build a new class of ship with the Asgard tech incorporated rather than adding it on later, and scrapped the 303 designs.

The Russians should be building some 303's though. They got the plans as part of the stargate leasing deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Blitzwing View Post
                      The Russians should be building some 303's though. They got the plans as part of the stargate leasing deal.
                      Thanks for the info.

I wonder how much time they had to study the Korolev before it was destroyed. If enough, they could be building those as well or in place of the 303.

Comment

Also the transports of before i sleep
                        Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Don't forget the Adaris the Lantian science ship that was caught in the Coronal Mass Ejection in the Atlantis episode with the Lantian whales

Comment

Thanks for the info.

I wonder how much time they had to study the Korolev before it was destroyed. If enough, they could be building those as well or in place of the 303.
                            They didn't have to conform to any timeframe with the Korolev, because they doubtless made copies of the schematics and kept them in a safe place so they could make more. As the man said in The Hunt for Red October, "Russians don't take a dump, son, without a plan."

You better bet your sweet Aunt May that the Russinas are building more Korolevs. And who's to say that the Ancients didn't have another design in the works before they said screw it and went back to Earth? It's just that it's very likely they drove those ships into the suns of whatever systems they were in before they all went back to Atlantis for the evac.
                            It's a dangerous business going out your front door.
                            --J.R.R. Tolkien

Comment

Building another Korolev would be hard as the Russians had the plans for Prometheus but were never able to put them into production-probably due to financial constraints, also they didn't have any Asgard tech aboard when the plans were given like shields, Hyperdrive, beaming transporters etc etc etc

Anycase the Russians will most likely get another 304 from the Americans but I wonder if they would have all of the upgrades the Daedalus,Oddessy and Apollo have?????

Comment

Working...
                              X