Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do you think is more advance PG or MW ancients.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who do you think is more advance PG or MW ancients.

I think the MW ancients are more advanced than the PG ancients. I think this because the PG ancients couldn't have gathered all of the knowledge to take with them to Atlantis. That would mean they would only bring the most needed things such as power and technology to seed life in the PG. I also think the PG wasn't the only galaxy the ancients could have fled too. There could be many galaxies with living ancients living there. Which do you think is more advance the Pegasus or Milky Way ancients.
    sigpic

Honestly I don't think that the Ancient stuff we've seen in pegasus is very impressive. Atlantis is essentially just a big mall with space engines. Te things in the milky way from them that we have seen are monumental and almost magical in their capabilities. Nothing like that in Pegasus.
    sigpic

Comment

if the pg ancients had some like the Dakara Superweapon the wraith would not have had a chance. merlin probly had the most advanced tech

Comment

Originally posted by mickhhh View Post
        if the pg ancients had some like the Dakara Superweapon the wraith would not have had a chance. merlin probly had the most advanced tech
        We can't use ascended knowledge.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by !!?? View Post
          We can't use ascended knowledge.
          How is something like the Dakara weapon ascended knowledge? He could be talking about pre-ascension Merlin.

Comment

Originally posted by mickhhh View Post
            The one problem that I have with the dakara super weapon is that the ancinet didn't make it to kill but to make life so when people use that as a way to kill off the wraith or others I have a problem with I don't think the ancinet would ever use it to kill all life

Also I don't think the weapon can be set for just wraith but just biological or non-biological
            Vote Anubis for President in 2012
            A Face you Can Trust
            sigpic
            So whats the worst that could happen?
            Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
            It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Actually, I think they are about the same. The Ancients rarely advanced their existing technology (except the Stargates and time-travel). Mainly, they just invented more technology. Most of the PG technology is military. The MW tech is nonmilitary.
              Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
              encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
              3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
              4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
              5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by Kaizor View Post
                How is something like the Dakara weapon ascended knowledge? He could be talking about pre-ascension Merlin.
                I wasn't talking about Dakara superweapon and what did Merlin do that deserved the title of the Most Advance Ancient Tech. He didnt make the good stuff until after ascension
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper View Post
                  Actually, I think they are about the same. The Ancients rarely advanced their existing technology (except the Stargates and time-travel). Mainly, they just invented more technology. Most of the PG technology is military. The MW tech is nonmilitary.
                  Yes but if you read they may have lost alot of technology from the plauge.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Archaeis View Post
                    Honestly I don't think that the Ancient stuff we've seen in pegasus is very impressive. Atlantis is essentially just a big mall with space engines. Te things in the milky way from them that we have seen are monumental and almost magical in their capabilities. Nothing like that in Pegasus.
                    But then again, the "MW Ancients" as you call them are two different ones -- ones that are before the PG Ancients, and ones that are after. So...um...it would stand to reason that the MW Ancients were more powerful in someways....

Comment

Originally posted by Blistna View Post
                      But then again, the "MW Ancients" as you call them are two different ones -- ones that are before the PG Ancients, and ones that are after. So...um...it would stand to reason that the MW Ancients were more powerful in someways....
                      I mean the pre atlantis.
                      sigpic

Comment

They're both exactly the same race, just they had more time to build things in the MW and also they went back to the MW if they ever completely left. The PG is obviously more advanced because they had several million years extra to research and their most advnaced tech is in the PG.
                        Best quotes ever:
                        O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
                        Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
                        Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
                        Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
                        Thor:I like the yellow ones
                        O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

I would have to say from what I have seen in the two series and the sheer amount of technology left in PG that it was where the Ancients became the most advanced. Plus it is where the majority of them lived in their final years prior to the evacuation of Atlantis.

A very wise man once said...."Reality is an illusion created by a lack of Alcohol."

Comment

Originally posted by !!?? View Post
                            I mean the pre atlantis.
                            But it's hard to know when the tech in the MW Galaxy came, before or after the Pegasus Galaxy...it's not like there is a date of reference or anything, so this is like impossible to do...

And about the MW Replicators, I have always believed they were more advanced -- because the Asurans was an experiment, a failed one at that. The MW ones...well, I dunno...do we know where they come from? I remember on some episode a girl made them, and they were her toy. But I don't quite remember the facts, someone refresh my memory maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver
                              well from what joe mallozzi himself said in his blog it may now be possible that MW replicators were more advanced - however the PG replicators did have some advantages over their MW counterparts, for example they could adapt to the ARW (which the MW could not), suggesting they had at east partial ancient scientfic knowledge
                              ? i was talking about ancients.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X