Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SGA S3 Complete DVD Box - Problem/Design!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SGA S3 Complete DVD Box - Problem/Design!

Hey,

I'm so mad, I need somewhere to vent about the latest Stargate Atlantis Complete Season 3 DVD Boxset (UK).

They have changed the design/style of the box! I HATE WHEN COMPANIES TO THIS TO "season sets"!

I originally collected the individual volumes of the SGA on DVD (from Season 1 - 2), then when the Season 2 Complete Boxset came out, the design hadn't changed, I thought cool they're going to do this for all the other seasons, so... I sold the individual volumes and purchased the complete boxsets... I have waited months (not purchasing the individual ones) hoping for the Complete Season 3...
    It's out here (UK) tomorrow. I work for Woolworths, and saw it come in in the delivery. The box has changed!!!

It's no longer the "tray style" held closed with the plastic slip over (like the LOST DVDs from USA)... its in a wide DVD case and crap cardboard cover! (like the UK release of Roswell).

It doesn't go with the other DVD releases, its going to sit awkwardly (different heights and widths) and the Stargate on the side of the other SGA complete set box won't continues... (i'm sure you know what i mean).

Am I just over reacting? Or do I have a point?

What would you do if at say Season 9 of SG-1 they changed the boxset design to something radically different and it spoils the other 9 previous boxsets would you be mad? - i would certainly be.

A Solution
    Can someone let me know what the USA Version of the Box design is like?
    I don't see them changing the boxset in the UK now, so if the USA Version is the same as S1&S2 over here, I'll just get it from the states.

I'm just so mad... AAAGGGHHHH!
    Last edited by HelixOmnimedia; 15 January 2008, 03:12 AM.

You're not overreacting...I'm a bit obsessive compulsive with things like that, and if it doesn't go with the other boxsets, it'll just bug the crap out of me and I won't buy it.

Mind you, there are two versions of the Firefly boxset...maybe there'll be another version of this one?
    sigpic
    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Well... I went and bought it, it doesn't look good next to the other Complete DVD sets, so I'm thinking of returning it.

Can any one tell me what the US Version of the Complete Set are like, especially Season 3?

I will post some photos later to show you all what I mean and why I'm so disgruntled.

Comment

Yeah, imagine how pissed I was now that all the SG=1 DVD sets are on slim case!?! My S1-S8 are all the bigger full size cases and my S9 and S10 are the slim cases! Talk about not fitting in.

There's two versions of Firefly boxset?

Comment

Yeah, like 'sueKay' I'm a little obsessive compulsive when it comes to DVDs (and books). Thanks for the advice about the two different versions of the Firefly box, I spent all afternoon yesterday calling other DVD stores (approx 60miles away) - I live in a very small town) and they all have the same box style.

I doubt one person from Scotland complaining isn't going to make the company change the whole packaging now thats its been released. I just wish companies would respect their fans who purchase their products as without us there wouldn't be any shows.

Anyone have an official address for the company who produce the DVD sets, I can't seem to find anything - it's worth sending an e-mail... i think.

UPDATE WITH PHOTOS: (Sorry it took so long, camera wouldn't focus).

Stargate Atlantis - Season 2 Box (Same as S1 style)

Stargate Atlantis - Season 1, 2 and 3 - SideView

Stargate Atlantis - Season 3 - Front Cover

Stargate Atlatnis - Season 3 - Side View

Comment

Originally posted by HelixOmnimedia View Post
            Well... I went and bought it, it doesn't look good next to the other Complete DVD sets, so I'm thinking of returning it.

Can any one tell me what the US Version of the Complete Set are like, especially Season 3?

I will post some photos later to show you all what I mean and why I'm so disgruntled.
            I hate when they change set designs too.

In the US they are cardboard outers with 3 slim dvd cases inside (2 with discs each and 1 with 1 disc). This is the way all of the SG-1 sets are released now and is actually my prefered method of TV releases. Of course, I have the original releases of SG-1 seasons 1-8 in the 5 disc fat case sets, but I've gotten over that, as I can sort of view seasons 9-10 as sort of separate entity anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by HelixOmnimedia View Post
              Yeah, like 'sueKay' I'm a little obsessive compulsive when it comes to DVDs (and books). Thanks for the advice about the two different versions of the Firefly box, I spent all afternoon yesterday calling other DVD stores (approx 60miles away) - I live in a very small town) and they all have the same box style.

I doubt one person from Scotland complaining isn't going to make the company change the whole packaging now thats its been released. I just wish companies would respect their fans who purchase their products as without us there wouldn't be any shows.
              How about two people from Scotland?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
                How about two people from Scotland?
                make that a 3rd lol....GLASGOW YAAAY! an i have seasons 1 an 2 as well an i was lookin 4ward 2 the next one cos itl continue the pic on the side....2 b honest i hate the boxes for 1 an 2...the plasic around it is annoying and scrapes the cardboard an the inside of my season 1 has fallen off the cardboard but itl look so rubbish all in a row now that theve changed it

have they rereleased the original 2 in the same type of box as the first then?

an anyone with a uk season one noticed the mistake in the booklet? 2 of the pics for the episodes r in the wrong order lol
                sigpic

check it out!

Comment

Originally posted by Rezukien View Post
                  make that a 3rd lol....GLASGOW YAAAY! an i have seasons 1 an 2 as well an i was lookin 4ward 2 the next one cos itl continue the pic on the side....2 b honest i hate the boxes for 1 an 2...the plasic around it is annoying and scrapes the cardboard an the inside of my season 1 has fallen off the cardboard but itl look so rubbish all in a row now that theve changed it

have they rereleased the original 2 in the same type of box as the first then?

an anyone with a uk season one noticed the mistake in the booklet? 2 of the pics for the episodes r in the wrong order lol
                  Another for Scotland! Cool! I'm from Stranraer its 2 hours (south west) from Glasgow.

Yeah I noticed the mistake in the booklet too, but it didn't bother me so much as this has. I'm not 100% if they're going to re-release the SGA Season 1 and 2... I did a search on Play to see if I could get a different box, and both S1&2 are out of stock, so anythings possible.

I just gritted my teeth and cursed at the company as I ripped the plastic from Season 3 today, watching it right now, still only on episode 1, too busy reading about MacWorld 2008.

Comment

I'm from Balloch, but Glasgow's my second home

I've been to Stranraer

If I can get a boxset more akin to S1 and 2 from a different region, then I'll buy it
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
                      I'm from Balloch, but Glasgow's my second home

I've been to Stranraer

If I can get a boxset more akin to S1 and 2 from a different region, then I'll buy it
                      yeah, its easy enuf 2 get stuff unlocked an different regions are always sooooo much cheaper than r2
                      sigpic

check it out!

Comment

I really hate that they changed the design of the box too. The first two were great.

Now the third one just looks horrible. And the actors faces all looks weird, especially Sheppard and Ronon, if your going to photoshop someone MGM, at least hire someone with skills.

They also cheapened SG-1 Season 10 aswell, instead of a tough cardboard outer box, it's a paper thin one.

BAAH!!!

MGM stop changing designs!

Comment

This annoys me too, I have all my SG DVDs next to each other on a shelf, the atlantis ones look cool next to one another but the season 3 one is crap, it doesn;t even continue the image like seasons 1-2 did (at least it doesn't from, what I see in the pics), the first 2 are the start of an image featuraing the gate and a couple of wraith, and the 3rd season is just crap. WHY DO THEY DO THIS, if you start it in a certain style you end it like that, SG1 managed it, why can't SGA? If they have to change the design to something crap they could at least keep the box the same size with the same side picture to keep the theme going. They did it with season 9 too, they changed it to say "Stargate SG1" on the side rather than the list of episodes, it just doesn;t look right anymore

Comment

i was dissapointed with the cover design as well as the cases. The things that hold the dvd's in were the really crappy(dont know if i can say this) kind. I hope they will wait to break until i can get some better cases for them. Does the american(forgot the region) boxes have matching art on the side for the first 2 seasons because mine dont. Just wanna know if there were some out there that does. Mine look really bad because i got the normal season 1 then the season 2 is the shiny one then the season 3 is like urs.
                            sigpic

Comment

I'm glad I didn't preorder it now, I'll wait and see if I can find one with the right box if they do exist.

Comment

Working...
                              X