2 questions I'm curious about.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 questions I'm curious about.

First, what would happen if you send a stargate through another stargate when both are active? It would fit, remember that the Tollan stargate is smaller than the usual ones. Do you believe the smaller on would just past or something else would happen.

Secondly, is a time based weapon possible? Something that would shoot or beam "time bubbles".

You probably need a theoretical physicist to answer your first question in detail. I could probably do it but I'm too lazy to babble on and on about made up wormhole physics.

Second question: time bubbles? lol, a bubble gun.
    My heart beats in 13/8.

Comment

the smaller gate might just go through but who knows, maybe that's why the ancients built all their gates the same size - because they didn't know

as for temporal weaponry why not, we've seen this kinda stuff in ST (Voyager)

Comment

Originally posted by metabog
        Second question: time bubbles? lol, a bubble gun.
        mmm yes Wrigley's Rodney's patented bubble gun
        garanteed to chew up enemy ships in no time
        Last edited by SoulReaver; 12 January 2008, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Aren't we already powerful enough. I mean with what the asgard gave us we're probably already capable of RULING the galaxy.

Plus we've got scientists like McKay who know how to reprogram replicator code (which is probably incredibly complex). I'm still struggling with C#, lol. I love it when he's like "ok I'll just modify their code" and it's ready in like half an hour.
          My heart beats in 13/8.

Comment

Originally posted by metabog View Post
            Aren't we already powerful enough. I mean with what the asgard gave us we're probably already capable of RULING the galaxy.

Plus we've got scientists like McKay who know how to reprogram replicator code (which is probably incredibly complex). I'm still struggling with C#, lol. I love it when he's like "ok I'll just modify their code" and it's ready in like half an hour.
            yeah i know what you mean.

And about the stargates.. it might rip the very fabric of time and space causing chaos everywhere. Actually I dont know what would happen.

Comment

Sure, why not. You can send an unactivated gate through an activated one. I do't see any problime with it...

Activated gates would be impossible.

Can't have two on same planet on!

Go Green

Comment

First, what would happen if you send a stargate through another stargate when both are active? It would fit, remember that the Tollan stargate is smaller than the usual ones. Do you believe the smaller on would just past or something else would happen.

Secondly, is a time based weapon possible? Something that would shoot or beam "time bubbles".
                Q1: You'd probably just get a busy signal when trying to dial two stargates in close proximity? I think they mentioned something about that when earth had two stargates, but it's a little fuzzy.

Q2: As in a projectile time dilation device?

Comment

Originally posted by wkw427 View Post
                  Sure, why not. You can send an unactivated gate through an activated one. I do't see any problime with it...

Activated gates would be impossible.

Can't have two on same planet on!
                  What if you dialled a gate as close as you can without the busy signal, then moved it to the other open gate while the wormhole was active? I guess if you could do that you could get around the busy signal thing...
                  "At least my heroes exist. If this was a Trek convention, you’d be all dressed up like a Klingon."

Comment

Originally posted by Tanith View Post
                    What if you dialled a gate as close as you can without the busy signal, then moved it to the other open gate while the wormhole was active? I guess if you could do that you could get around the busy signal thing...
                    If you take a gate out of their service area, wouldn't they just disconnect?

Comment

Originally posted by naseuy View Post
                      If you take a gate out of their service area, wouldn't they just disconnect?
                      I dont think so. It might disconnect after 38 minutes or whatever.

Comment

i dont think you can have a time beam, but if you freeze time in the space around the enemy you could attack all you want until they are dead
                        Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
                        Anime signature in spoiler tag
                        Spoiler:
                        Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

But if you shoot at a ship within a time dilation field the projectile/beam would change speed when it entered the field so if I'm right the only thing a "timeweapon" would be good for is fleeing.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve92 View Post
                            But if you shoot at a ship within a time dilation field the projectile/beam would change speed when it entered the field so if I'm right the only thing a "timeweapon" would be good for is fleeing.
                            id have to say both your kinda wrong and kinda right

yes you couldnt shoot at them all that well
                            but you could call for back up and wait till the field wears off
                            then blast away
                            or fire it at the engines as to stop, cripple, and possibly rip in half the whole ship
                            then blastaway

as for the dual gates

im not too sure about a subspace field inside a subspace field

but any distance the gate travels might be too far to keep the connection active

also it might cause some kind of universal tear
                            if the gate inside the wormhole it connected to another gate it would effectivly be cross cutting that worhole and cause all kinds of havoc
                            Avidffanimation YouTube | AvidffanFiction Youtube | AvidffanAlpha Youtube
                            sigpic

Comment

The wormhole of the smaller gate would disconnect as soon as it dematerialized, and the inactive gate would come through the other side.

Comment

Working...
                              X