This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Metroid Series Discussion and Appreciation thread

Has anybody played the games(prime or the others). I think it is very interesting the story and all. What do you guys think about it.What is your favorite and what do you like most about metroid. What else do you want for the story in future metroid games.
    My favorite game was the original metroid. I would want to see more about Samus' story in future games. Like how she grew up with the chozo and all of that. I would also like to see earth because it was mentioned that earth does exist in the metroid series because the home planet of Samus is a colony of earth. The only thing I dislike about the series is the lack of metroids after the original game. The series is called metroid we need metroids in it.
    sigpic

Metroid was one of my favorite Nintendo games. I just wish I could have played the original NES, but the GBA is good enough for me. It had a great story and awesome gameplay. The FPS version (Prime and its sequels) were pretty cool too. Loved the imagery.
    Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
    Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
    Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
    --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Originally posted by Xicer View Post
      Metroid was one of my favorite Nintendo games. I just wish I could have played the original NES, but the GBA is good enough for me. It had a great story and awesome gameplay. The FPS version (Prime and its sequels) were pretty cool too. Loved the imagery.
      If you have a Wii you could download it off vc. I also think there are emulators for it.
      sigpic

Comment

i got Corruption just before christmas, but over christmas somehow i lost my wii remote, which annoyed the hell out of me, (it's my sisters fault, she asked me to take it to my dad's house for christmas day and i think i lost it on the walk home ) so i'm in bad withdrawl

did anyone ever play the Universal Soldier Game for the 16 bit consoles, it was a total Metroid ripoff, with the ball you turned into and everything!!
        Spoiler:
        Disclaimer:
        I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
        Quotes!
        - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
        - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
        - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
          did anyone ever play the Universal Soldier Game for the 16 bit consoles, it was a total Metroid ripoff, with the ball you turned into and everything!!
          The Universal Soldier Game was actually Turrican 2 on the C64/Amiga, they just created a new first level and added a few new graphics.

I own Metroid Prime 1 & 2 on the Gamecube and for me they are two of the best FPS on any system.

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
            i got Corruption just before christmas, but over christmas somehow i lost my wii remote, which annoyed the hell out of me, (it's my sisters fault, she asked me to take it to my dad's house for christmas day and i think i lost it on the walk home ) so i'm in bad withdrawl

I always lose my wii mote they should have a tracker built in lol.
            sigpic

Comment

I liked the Game Boy Advanced ones the best, (Metroid Fusion and Mission Zero), even though those games went missing. I also have all of the Metroid Prime games although the disk for Metroid Prime 2 went missing, when I came back from college. I opened the case where I put it, and it was gone. (I think there is a black hole somewhere in that house.)

I just got Metoid Prime 3 for Christmas, it took quit a while to get used to the controls, and constanly pressing the A button gets very tireing. Overall it's fun, I've only made it the first planet so far.

Also, I've downloaded the soundtracks to all the Metroid Prime games, plus metroid fusion and zero mission.

I wish Nintendo would realse a anthology of the 2-D Metroid Games, such as Metroid, Metroid 2, Super Metroid, Metroid Fusion, and Metroid Zero Mission, plus updated versions of Metroid 2 and Super Metroid to the graphic level of the GBA games.
              sigpic

Comment

Yeah prime 3 is good better than 2 and I think may be a little better than 1. I would like to see another side scroller. Maybe they could kind of put a 3d effect to it so its not flat when going to the side. They could also put more background images.
                sigpic

Comment

Does anybody know what type of ftl samus uses in corruption. I know there were wormholes mentioned in the beginning.
                  sigpic

Comment

the 2d ones rock...couldnt personally get into the 3d ones..super metroid will always have a special place in my heart though.
                    Go buy my music and give a starving artist some support. It's dirt-cheap, dammit.
                    Ion Plasma Incineration (Hard and heavy electro-industrial music in the vein of late 90's classics, updated for the 21st century!)

Current project : Working on Tolathians Outpost Cyclopean, the world's first pure non-humanoid extra-dimensional sci-fi show! 100% no humans !

Comment

Originally posted by Acolyte Of Bli'l'ab View Post
                      the 2d ones rock...couldnt personally get into the 3d ones..super metroid will always have a special place in my heart though.
                      Yep have you ever played fusion. I like the story in fusion the best. I hope they make more 2ds but 3ds as well.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by !!?? View Post
                        Yep have you ever played fusion. I like the story in fusion the best. I hope they make more 2ds but 3ds as well.
                        I dug Fusion and Zero Mission..and yeah I wish they'd make more like that. Fusion didnt seem to go down well perhaps because it was so linear compared to the others but I liked it..it was different and I enjoyed it...

definitly second the person who said the soundtracks were good.. I always liked the dark/sinister electro-industrial feel of the music they had..infact the super metroid soundtrack was one of the things that got me making music..and funnily enough my first project was called Tourian lol
                        Go buy my music and give a starving artist some support. It's dirt-cheap, dammit.
                        Ion Plasma Incineration (Hard and heavy electro-industrial music in the vein of late 90's classics, updated for the 21st century!)

Current project : Working on Tolathians Outpost Cyclopean, the world's first pure non-humanoid extra-dimensional sci-fi show! 100% no humans !

Comment

Originally posted by Acolyte Of Bli'l'ab View Post
                          I dug Fusion and Zero Mission..and yeah I wish they'd make more like that. Fusion didnt seem to go down well perhaps because it was so linear compared to the others but I liked it..it was different and I enjoyed it...

definitly second the person who said the soundtracks were good.. I always liked the dark/sinister electro-industrial feel of the music they had..infact the super metroid soundtrack was one of the things that got me making music..and funnily enough my first project was called Tourian lol
                          Yes the music strengthened the sense of being alone. Which I always liked about the metroid games. Its only samus.
                          sigpic

Comment

I think Zero Mission was the last Metroid game I got. It was a lot like the original which is why I liked it.
                            Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
                            Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
                            Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
                            --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Originally posted by !!?? View Post
                              Does anybody know what type of ftl samus uses in corruption. I know there were wormholes mentioned in the beginning.
                              looks kind of like some sort of warp drive in the cutscenes
                              Spoiler:
                              Disclaimer:
                              I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                              Quotes!
                              - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                              - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                              - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X