The lantean personal shield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The lantean personal shield

Ok, when Rodney recieved the ATA gene, he also found the personal shield. He equipped it and was invincible. Then he found out he could not eat or drink nor turn it off. He survived because the power supply was depleted... I don't remember the specifics. Anyhow, Lucius Lavin had a personal shield in irresponsible, and koyla pushed him under the water so he wouldn't get air. Here is the dilemma. If water gets through, why couldn't mckay drink? There is the thought that the water around the shield would block incoming air, but it would enter from the part of Lucius that waso utside of the water... And air gets through the shields because if it didn't they wouldn't be able to breath.

explenations?

wasnt his shield deactivated?

Comment

I don't really remember.

I think lucius came to save the atlantis team and said something like...

you cant hurt me or that wont hurt me

then koyla said something like, but you can't go withouth air or something and put his head in a barrel filled with water...

Comment

Even if the water doesn't enter the shield, there's no air in the bucket (just water). So it would be like burying him with no air around him to breath.

Comment

it was an upgraded version from the one mckay had, i had made a thread like this myself quite a while ago lol, only reason i knew

Comment

Originally posted by Lord You View Post
            Even if the water doesn't enter the shield, there's no air in the bucket (just water). So it would be like burying him with no air around him to breath.

That is not true unless he was completley submerged into the water.

The force field sits as a shield a one two or maybe three inches outside the body, it doesnt just make you shock vounerable, it's like a ship shield. Therefore air can enter all around him, not just around his head area. It gives the effect of say take a glass, and a bowl of water. Hold the glass down in the water bottom first. You can then put something in it glass, hold it beneath the water level but it still gets air...

Comment

Originally posted by ZampraZ View Post
              That is not true unless he was completley submerged into the water.

The force field sits as a shield a one two or maybe three inches outside the body, it doesnt just make you shock vounerable, it's like a ship shield. Therefore air can enter all around him, not just around his head area. It gives the effect of say take a glass, and a bowl of water. Hold the glass down in the water bottom first. You can then put something in it glass, hold it beneath the water level but it still gets air...
              I believe it was described as a scond skin, if it was next to the body then he wouldn't have got any air. Kolya did say that he could bury him underground and let him suffocate instead of be crushed. You would have thought that the ancients would have considered being underwater, but we won't know unless they tell us.
              Best quotes ever:
              O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
              Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
              Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
              Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
              Thor:I like the yellow ones
              O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

Yeah but when I saw irresponsible you could physically see an distance between the skin and shield. It may not have been much but visible. I think ill look through the episode and come back.

Comment

Yeah but when I saw irresponsible you could physically see an distance between the skin and shield. It may not have been much but visible. I think ill look through the episode and come back.
                  Perhaps I'm wrong. It could be only that the bit around the mouth is skin tight or something like that. Let me know
                  Best quotes ever:
                  O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
                  Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
                  Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
                  O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

Hmm, perhaps I was wrong. It looks prettey tight, although they should have it a little furhter of the skin to prevent one from being drowned...

Comment

Hmm, perhaps I was wrong. It looks prettey tight, although they should have it a little furhter of the skin to prevent one from being drowned...
                      they sink a whole city but can't make one water-proof shield, sheesh.

Comment

We see several times when they get punched with the shield active.. they don't budge an inch. Wouldn't this make it pretty hard for anyone except the wearer to move the shield? Yet they push Lucious around like nothing, and he doesn't even try to run..what's that all about?

Comment

Originally posted by Yaxez View Post
                          We see several times when they get punched with the shield active.. they don't budge an inch. Wouldn't this make it pretty hard for anyone except the wearer to move the shield? Yet they push Lucious around like nothing, and he doesn't even try to run..what's that all about?
                          True, they can fall off a balcony and not get hurt but they can be pushed around. Perhaps its like cornflour custard, if you touch it lightly it is soft but if you punch it it is solid.
                          Best quotes ever:

Comment

It stands to reason that if you can't move it with massive force, you can't move it with less force. Doesn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Yaxez View Post
                              It stands to reason that if you can't move it with massive force, you can't move it with less force. Doesn't it?
                              I agree, but I was trying to find a way around that using... well... random examples.
                              Best quotes ever:

Comment

Working...
                              X