Asgard Beam Weapon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asgard Beam Weapon

My Theory: Since Thor stated asgard scientists accessed the ancient repository of knowledge long ago, I believe the beam weapons they provided us were a ship-based version of the ancient satellite weapon. Any other ideas?

possibly, maybe a scaled down modified version. It would make some sense because the weapon doesnt seem to be too much of a power hog, sort of in line with the ancient Lagrange point sattelite. But still it could be a completely asgard thing that used the Ancient repository as a how to guide, probably like all the great things they've done.
    Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran View Post
      possibly, maybe a scaled down modified version. It would make some sense because the weapon doesnt seem to be too much of a power hog, sort of in line with the ancient Lagrange point sattelite. But still it could be a completely asgard thing that used the Ancient repository as a how to guide, probably like all the great things they've done.
      An asgard version of ancient tech, it would make sense.
      asgard scientist: 'Hey Thor I found some kick ass weapons in the ancient repository when I was just randomly looking through it for a way to defeat the ori'
      Thor: 'Sounds good, make our own versions, but don't be as stupid as the ancients, make them ship borne'
      I don't think that much of asgard tech is ancient based, it would make them too similar. They also look to be more advanced in some aspects.
      Best quotes ever:
      O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
      Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
      Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
      Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
      Thor:I like the yellow ones
      O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

the asgard are advanced enough not to need to take stuff from the ancients...i believe they made it themselves in the 2years they had.
        Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
        Anime signature in spoiler tag
        Spoiler:
        Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

i think its asgaurd based tech, the asgaurd hav their own tech, i mean some of it is better than ancient tech, i.e beam transporter, which is better than ring transporters, which require 2 rings 2 work!!!

Comment

the asgard use ancient tech as inspiration, but its an insult to the asgard to say they rip-off ancient tech.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
              the asgard use ancient tech as inspiration, but its an insult to the asgard to say they rip-off ancient tech.
              Just because they have the ancient repository doesn't mean they copy their tech. Thors said it's taken their scientists a long time to sift through a tiny portion of it, it would be hard to find anything amazingly useful. The asgard are also cool, they wouldn't copy tech unless they had to, as said before they were advanced enough to come up with a weapon in 2 years or even more depending on whether the were designed to destroy ori or not.
              Best quotes ever:
              O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
              Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
              Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
              Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
              Thor:I like the yellow ones
              O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

It is their own.

If the copied Ancient tech like that: Why not drones? They are better than ion cannons. Why not rings? While inferior to Asgard beaming...if they were only copying.

I would think mostly inspirational or it is heavily modified.

Comment

Originally posted by from_orion View Post
                  My Theory: Since Thor stated asgard scientists accessed the ancient repository of knowledge long ago, I believe the beam weapons they provided us were a ship-based version of the ancient satellite weapon. Any other ideas?
                  i think the asgard beams are very different cos they are 100s of times smaller but just as strong cos of there rate of fire maybe stronger. there even a different colour.

asgard beams is by far the best weapon we have seen on a ship

Comment

The ancients were the bomb. Satellite weapons, the Dakara super weapon, Drones ( that can go right through shields) The gate destruction weapon, Stargates, rings, ZPM, sarcophagi , Puddle Jumpers, Replicators, The anti replicator gun, and Atlantis. I don’t think that the Asgard, not at the current state could pull all of that off. I still think that the beam weapon is a partial ancient design, but because the ancients did not have a ship -based weapon that powerful it leads me to believe that the Asgards have made substantial improvements to the weapon.
                    Colorado Springs has a zoo. It does not have an O'Malley's.

Comment

Originally posted by Gamebear View Post
                      The ancients were the bomb. Satellite weapons, the Dakara super weapon, Drones ( that can go right through shields) The gate destruction weapon, Stargates, rings, ZPM, sarcophagi , Puddle Jumpers, Replicators, The anti replicator gun, and Atlantis. I don’t think that the Asgard, not at the current state could pull all of that off. I still think that the beam weapon is a partial ancient design, but because the ancients did not have a ship -based weapon that powerful it leads me to believe that the Asgards have made substantial improvements to the weapon.
                      that is true but the asgard have been at war for 1000s of years so there weapon and shields would have develeped faster than other tech. there shields did there just as good as there ancient warship shields if not better.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                        Yeah I agree...
                        The Asgard IMO would have researched the technology of others but most of their best stuff I would say is down to good 'old Asgard development...

*The Asgard race doesn't strike me as the kind that would take the technology of others and claim it as their own*

Comment

Originally posted by from_orion View Post
                          that makes sense kind of...something doesn't seem right about it though...
                          Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
                          sigpic

Comment

It looked nothing like the lagrange sat.

That took time to build up power and easily pierced the hive ship, with some room to spare.

I think its just the next in line weapon to battle the Ori. The asgard probably didnt have the man power to or the materials to equip their ships with it.
                            Visit my Website

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
                              It looked nothing like the lagrange sat.

That took time to build up power and easily pierced the hive ship, with some room to spare.

I think its just the next in line weapon to battle the Ori. The asgard probably didnt have the man power to or the materials to equip their ships with it.
                              The Lagrangian point satellite was powered by a Naquadah Power Generator. The satellite built up a charge in its buffers and then fired.

In short, the Asgard were most likely more than capable of powering the Lagrangian point satellite's beam weapon.

Comment

Working...
                              X