Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ori ships built to combat Ha'Taks and 304s?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ori ships built to combat Ha'Taks and 304s?

Think about it. When and were in Celestis, the Ori could know everything they knew. I'm sure DJ knew quite a bit about ha'taks and the 304s..

So were the ori ships built mainly to combat the two most powerful ships in the MW?

Stands to reason why they were totwlly pwnt by asgard weaponary

Go Green

Its a theory, but not a good one, because Daniel knows as much about the asgard as anyone, and Adria didnt know about dakara all key pieces of information if your planning on invading our galaxy that she would have been given if they had that intel.. So no, the Ori were just UBER and made the most powerful ships they were able, which coincidally were more than hataks and 304's before unending could handle even in small numbers.
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by wkw427 View Post
      Think about it. When and were in Celestis, the Ori could know everything they knew. I'm sure DJ knew quite a bit about ha'taks and the 304s..

So were the ori ships built mainly to combat the two most powerful ships in the MW?

I don't think it was the fact the Ori KNEW what Daniel and Vala knew, rather they now knew about the MW and were able to see beyond the cover the ascended ancients had placed over it to protect us. So being able to see directly into the MW allowed them to see everything we had here and make ships to combat the vast amount of Hataks and few 304s.

It's MY theory that the Ancients were actually hiding the entire local galaxy group populace, rather then just the MW, so that they could not see the populations in any of the galaxies close to ours, including Ida and Pegasus, which would explain no invasions to either of those since they had no reason to try and look through the deception placed there as well - they knew there we lots of people in the MW, but were never informed about things in Ida or Pegasus. It would also explain the lack of understanding of the Asgard and how incredibly smart they are, that is, smart enough to figure out how build weapons, and maybe even our shields(not sure if its said they got shield upgrades, but it was supposed to be the Asgard's latest tech), to combat the Ori.

Comment

Its also possible that the Langaran satellite in "Ethon" and plantary forcesheild in "Beachhead" were intended to be a measuring stick. It took measure of our weapons ability as well as shield power, and the Ori reacted accordingly.

Comment

Originally posted by Ranlier View Post
          Its also possible that the Langaran satellite in "Ethon" and plantary forcesheild in "Beachhead" were intended to be a measuring stick. It took measure of our weapons ability as well as shield power, and the Ori reacted accordingly.
          I like that idea a lot green for you

But I don't think the Ori sent the best of the best that they had either
          Vote Anubis for President in 2012
          A Face you Can Trust
          sigpic
          So whats the worst that could happen?
          Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
          It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Originally posted by wkw427 View Post

I came up with that theory a while back and posted it on another thread. That the Ori didn't build their ships all out, but just enough to defeat anyone in the Milky Way which was why the Asgard were able in a year's time to build weapons that could destroy the Ori ships. If they really went all out, NO technology ever could defeat them. the Ori weren't even using ZPM's or anything close to that apparently.

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
              I came up with that theory a while back and posted it on another thread. That the Ori didn't build their ships all out, but just enough to defeat anyone in the Milky Way which was why the Asgard were able in a year's time to build weapons that could destroy the Ori ships. If they really went all out, NO technology ever could defeat them. the Ori weren't even using ZPM's or anything close to that apparently.

Vala,
              Agreed I don't think the Ori sent there best at all
              A Face you Can Trust
              sigpic
              It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

they also knew all they ever wanted about how much a hatak could handle because of when they took Gerak as a prior.
                Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

That is true... he could easily have given them a wealth of info on Hataks, but would he not also have given them the info on the Dakara weapon??

Comment

I think there would have been no doubt that they would have known about the device. I think he might have given them enough info to make shields that make the effects of the wave negligable.
                    Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

I think the Ori could have built much better ships but it would have taken a lot longer so what they did instead they made what they knew to take down any ship in the Milky Way at least that is my theory
                      A Face you Can Trust
                      sigpic

Comment

actually, i dont think time was the issue, rather the fact that their ships were built by inexperienced farmers

Comment

In The Fourth Horseman Oralin(sp) says that he knows everything about the prior as soon as he came to MW. He was ascended at the time, and it was asceneded knowlage.

What is to say that the Ori can't do the same?

Serves to figure thats why Adria knew of the Jagga, Goa'uld, and Earth as soon as she was born - an Ori put their knowlege in her.

Go Green

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
                            Agreed I don't think the Ori sent there best at all
                            Yerp I second that, they sent the best they possibly could we wouldn't stand a chance and no other ship in the universe would, unless also possessing the knowledge of ascended beings.

Comment

nope the ships we biult to stand up to anything in any galaxy just like a normal ship but with disavantages and advantages

adria said there are ships in 6 galaxies so it was just a ship created by the ori for the slaves to make

its just that our ships are weaker than theirs but thats all changed
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X