Can they beam a ZPM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can they beam a ZPM?

I never remember a ZPM being beamed. The Siege 3 it is "transported" to Atlantis, not beamed IIRC. There has been a lot of talk of not beaming ZPM's, and I wonder if they actually can...

Probably, as long it isn't connected to anything. Say a city, a warship or in a secure storage. (Can you say kaboom?)

It's fine being transported by Ring. So beaming is not an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by vjlax18 View Post
      I never remember a ZPM being beamed. The Siege 3 it is "transported" to Atlantis, not beamed IIRC. There has been a lot of talk of not beaming ZPM's, and I wonder if they actually can...
      In Siege 3 it was beamed to Atlantis in a case carried by two marines. Strangely enough, beamed through the active city shield.

Comment

In the siege III, the zpm was beamed down to power the city shield. The shield wasn't up yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Catalase View Post
          In Siege 3 it was beamed to Atlantis in a case carried by two marines. Strangely enough, beamed through the active city shield.
          Um what were they using to power the shield before the ZPM arrived?

Though they did beam a Nuke through the active shield. I would assume that asguard beams can be modulated like rings. To allow transport through shields and that they modulated the shields to allow such a transport.(it has happened several times since)

Comment

but why didnt they beam directly to the zpm room? perhaps the room is well protected, blocking out direct transport, and it would be why 3 zpms would be nessecary to destroy the asuran cityship. the zpm room is made to protect the city from a zpm explosion

Comment

because they were there for a grand total of 30 seconds, and locating the main power room would be difficult even with plans in such a short time frame.

The gateroom, is easy to scan for as it's right there at the top of the central tower.

Comment

actually, they got a map of atlantis in the episode with all those video transmissions

Comment

Would you trust a matter/energy transporter to a random position? if the City had drifted just 2 feet you could end up in a wall.

You are also forgetting that the Daedulas was in battle with several wraith cruisers, and 2 hive ships. Taking 5 minutes to locate one 3 meter x 3 meter sized room in a city the size of Manhattan, both vertically, and horizontally for safe beaming just took too much time. better to beam down to an easy to get to location(IE the gateroom is much larger and easier to identify from orbit) and run the ZPM from there. Besides The daedulas crew would need atlantis personnel there to install it.

Comment

Originally posted by peragrin View Post
                    Um what were they using to power the shield before the ZPM arrived?

Though they did beam a Nuke through the active shield. I would assume that asguard beams can be modulated like rings. To allow transport through shields and that they modulated the shields to allow such a transport.(it has happened several times since)
                    They didn't beam it through the sheild that time, there was no sheild, that why they needed it. Things can travel in and out of the sheild, look at the PJs in adrift and they can change the frequency like you said
                    Best quotes ever:
                    O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
                    Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
                    Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
                    Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
                    Thor:I like the yellow ones
                    O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                      but why didnt they beam directly to the zpm room? perhaps the room is well protected, blocking out direct transport, and it would be why 3 zpms would be nessecary to destroy the asuran cityship. the zpm room is made to protect the city from a zpm explosion
                      not likely

if u havent seen be all sins remembered dont look

Spoiler:
                      well the asgard beams seem to manage to beam mckay and co to the core room of the asuran home planet which is 9 levels deep so beaming a zpm in the atlantis power room which i think is in the tower if not then....so it should be a problem if they knew where it was..maybe the daedalus didnt have enough knowledge of atlantis so the tower is the best bet
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wise one View Post
                        not likely

if u havent seen be all sins remembered dont look

Spoiler:
                        well the asgard beams seem to manage to beam mckay and co to the core room of the asuran home planet which is 9 levels deep so beaming a zpm in the atlantis power room which i think is in the tower if not then....so it should be a problem if they knew where it was..maybe the daedalus didnt have enough knowledge of atlantis so the tower is the best bet
                        They might just have been in too much of a rush, or locating somewhere that is probably well protected like the gateroom took too much time so they did it in the most efficient way possible. Maybe their sensors were damaged by the quck entry to battle.
                        Best quotes ever:
                        O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
                        Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
                        Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
                        Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
                        Thor:I like the yellow ones
                        O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

yes as we all hav established u can beam in a ZPM, however the shield has different strengths, it depends on how much power the shield is gettin!! in the episode where they find that ancient outpost which is powered by thermal heat, the Daedulas comes to the rescue to beam people out but they cant because the shield is too efictive, they never have the problem at atlantis!!! the only difference was the power source and amount being used!!!

Comment

Originally posted by umopapisdn View Post
                            They might just have been in too much of a rush, or locating somewhere that is probably well protected like the gateroom took too much time so they did it in the most efficient way possible. Maybe their sensors were damaged by the quck entry to battle.
                            i belive since the daedalus first came to the pegasus galaxy they didnt have enough schamactics of atlantis on them, since they sent some of the knowledge from the database and such yet when the time came it was quickly beam down and fire at darts

and their sensors was not damaged since they could detect enemy darts coming in on them

just that caldwell (since he doesnt know anything about atlantis in seige 3)just gave them the order to beam down to the tower then find their way from there..
                            sigpic

Comment

No one was in the power room at the time, and there were Wraith between them and it. In order to get the ZPM there safe and sound, Caldwell had it beamed to the tower so they could get it safely there without the Wraith getting it.
                              Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                              Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Working...
                              X