Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Indiana Jones is back in 2008! ( Crystal Skull movie)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indiana Jones is back in 2008! ( Crystal Skull movie)

Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull

Harrison Ford is back as Indiana!!!

- Released May 22 -

When we last saw him, nearly 19 years ago, everybody’s favorite archaeologist was literally riding off into the sunset after having found the Holy Grail.(From Vanityfair)
    It looked for all the world as if the title was going to be 'Indiana Jones And The City Of The Gods'. The new title, wordy as it is, refers to the real-life discovery of a quartz skull in Belize. The sinister world that comes from this starting point will be where senior Indy and young apprentice Shia LaBoeuf get to terms with the year's biggest action budget. More than just a payday for the old guard, we hope… (From MSN)
    On the morning of June 18, 2007, Steven Spielberg, the director of the Indiana Jones movies, and George Lucas, who came up with the idea for the franchise... (From vanityfair)
    Here is the link to the official site:
    http://www.indianajones.com/site/index.html

And here is a link to a write up about the upcoming Indiana film in Vanityfair:
    http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/fe...anajones200802

A new I.J. Film sounds awsome! I hope it is done well *to the usual Lucas and Spielberg great standard* and isn't a let down... I've always enjoy the old Indiana films, hopefully this one will live up to the Legend...

Lucas dreads the return of Indiana Jones...

'Indiana Jones' creator George Lucas is dreading the character's return to the silver screen - because he is convinced everyone is going to hate the new movie.

The famed filmmaker has taken on the role of executive producer of 'Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull', alongside director Steven Spielberg, which is due for release later this year.

However, Lucas fears the movie could be a major box office disappointment as he believes reviewers won't give it a fair chance - because fans of the original trilogy are already upset at the decision to make a fourth installment. (From Breaking News *Ireland on-line*)
    The film was in development hell since the 1989 release of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, because Spielberg and Ford initially disagreed over Lucas's choice of the skulls as the plot device. (From Wikipedia)
    Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
    is scheduled for a worldwide release on May 22, 2008...

________________________________________________________________________________

Anyone looking forward to this movie?
    Or do you think it will be a complete let down?

Comment

I dont understand why he'd care if alot of people hated his movie anyway, as long as he is happy with it, thats all that matters really. I'll give it a chance though and see for myself.
      Go buy my music and give a starving artist some support. It's dirt-cheap, dammit.
      Ion Plasma Incineration (Hard and heavy electro-industrial music in the vein of late 90's classics, updated for the 21st century!)

Current project : Working on Tolathians Outpost Cyclopean, the world's first pure non-humanoid extra-dimensional sci-fi show! 100% no humans !

Comment

Originally posted by Acolyte Of Bli'l'ab View Post
        I dont understand why he'd care if alot of people hated his movie anyway, as long as he is happy with it, thats all that matters really. I'll give it a chance though and see for myself.
        Yeah that's what I'm going to do before making any judgements on it, the film could go either way...
        It has been so many years since the last film was released and the world of entertainment has moved on since then... Alot of people may still like the old films *I'm one* but I think Lucas is concerned that this could be like a repeat of when 'The Phamtom Menace' was released...
        I know there were many fans of the old Star Wars 'Trilogy' that went to see TPM and felt that it wasn't up to the Star Wars Legend although there were many that liked it (There were a few thing wrong with TPM IMO)...
        There is a part of me that cannot fully connect the old and new Star Wars (even though they are chapters of the same story) IMO they have a different feel to them...
        Last edited by Guest; 09 January 2008, 04:35 PM. Reason: ...

Comment

I can't wait to see the new Indy movie.

Comment

Originally posted by HirogenGater View Post
            I can't wait to see the new Indy movie.
            i can't wait to see the film either, i think it should be really, really, good

sig by starlover1990

Comment

After just recently rewatched the IJ Trilogy. I have my doubts whether this film will be as good as The Last Crusade, which imo is one of the greatest films of the last 20 years.

Hopefully IJ 4 will be like Die Hard 4 in the respect that it carries a nice story and keeps loyal to the characters we all love and remember. If Bruce Willis is still great playing John McClane, then Harrison Ford should have no problem wearing the Jones hat once more.

Fingers crossed. The movie should be epic.
              I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
              Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou View Post
                After just recently rewatched the IJ Trilogy. I have my doubts whether this film will be as good as The Last Crusade, which imo is one of the greatest films of the last 20 years.

Hopefully IJ 4 will be like Die Hard 4 in the respect that it carries a nice story and keeps loyal to the characters we all love and remember. If Bruce Willis is still great playing John McClane, then Harrison Ford should have no problem wearing the Jones hat once more.

Fingers crossed. The movie should be epic.
                It would be a bit too much to expect this new film to be as good as 'The Last Crusade' but if it keeps in with what make Indiana Jones great then I expect this to be a great film...

Comment

I'm skeptical about it... trying to stay positivly optimistic though
                  But... he's gonna be old, come on! I absolutely love the original IJ trillogy, they are some of my favorite movies. I just... well, I dunno about this one. It's gonna be interesting that's for sure If it's good or if it's bad, well... I'll just havta wait and see.

I have a feeling this movie will be great spoof material... if not already. My family and friends and I have been joking about it already... Indy with his walker whipping bad guys into submission

Proudly Supporting Team USA

Comment

Originally posted by idlewild202 View Post
                    I'm skeptical about it... trying to stay positivly optimistic though
                    But... he's gonna be old, come on! I absolutely love the original IJ trillogy, they are some of my favorite movies. I just... well, I dunno about this one. It's gonna be interesting that's for sure If it's good or if it's bad, well... I'll just havta wait and see.

I have a feeling this movie will be great spoof material... if not already. My family and friends and I have been joking about it already... Indy with his walker whipping bad guys into submission

That was the first thing I noticed when I saw a picture of him, I'm like wow, he is a LOT older now We use to watch the trilogy all the time growin up, not the best thing for a five year old to watch, but what ever. So me and my siblings are very excited about it YAY!

Comment

YAYZZZzzzzzzzzz.. Guys I've been an Indy fan since I could walk and talk semi-coherently... so about age six... I wasn't born in the time of the movie but I sure as hell love them more than life .. I can't wait for this new film.. I even have a count downy thing on myspace to tell me how many days are left.. .. I keep ranting about it my parents on how THEY WILL TAKE ME TO SEE IT AT MIDNIGHT ON THE DAY IT IS RELEASED... I will not take any other option... Pishaw... this movie will rekindle my sleeping heart and its never ending love for Both Harrison Ford and Indy.. ...

Comment

BUT Shia Laboeuf is in it! He's going to ruin the movie for me, I don't want to see that kid in it!
                        Geral Corasjo

Comment

.... b-bu I loves teh Shia... he was in Nausica... I loves Nausica. Not to mention he is an excellent actor... and I don't think they could've picked a better person to play the role. More or less because I really don't know any other Good young actors...

Comment

i can never look past even stevens and I Robot when i think of shia, he has an annoying nasally voise, but he is in good movies, and i can put up with him for a while
                            Spoiler:
                            Disclaimer:
                            I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                            Quotes!
                            - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                            - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                            - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
                              i can never look past even stevens and I Robot when i think of shia, he has an annoying nasally voise, but he is in good movies, and i can put up with him for a while
                              Has he hit puberty yet? I still can't tell.

Comment

Working...
                              X