Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new tech and stuff for the sgc

well i was thinking they first of all need a set of rings
    and than secondly something that looks like a large ancient repository but when it appears from the wall it fills the gate completely, blocking any unwanted incoming wormholes

Im sorry but if i understand you correctly you want the SGC to have a ring transporter system, what would be the point since they have Asgard beaming technology they have become obsolete almost, I would think the Daedalus class cruisers would only have them as a backup but as for in the SGC i dont think it is needed.

An ancient repository blocking the stargate, that sounds wrong im sorry but if i have misunderstood then forgive me but we have the iris to prevent incoming matter from wormholes that are undesired, i know one thing configuring an ancient knowledge repository would be a good way for stroing computer data.
    Last edited by lvlister2005; 06 January 2008, 06:25 AM. Reason: D
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lvlister2005 View Post
      Im sorry but if i understand you correctly you want the SGC to have a ring transporter system, what would be the point since they have Asgard beaming technology they have become obsolete almost, I would think the Daedalus class cruisers would only have them as a backup but as for in the SGC i dont think it is needed.

An ancient repository blocking the stargate, that sounds wrong im sorry but if i have misunderstood then forgive me but we have the iris to prevent incoming matter from wormholes that are undesired, i know one thing configuring an ancient knowledge repository would be a good way for stroing computer data.
      The SGC disallowes beaming, a precaution taken when the stargate was stolen before, rings would be better as long as they're guarded. Overall I think the SGC needs a complete overhaul, needs to be gutted and all the new technologies put in. I think the 3rd stargate series might do something like this, as it's based on Earth in our time I think the Stargate may be moved to an updated facility.

Comment

Originally posted by lvlister2005 View Post
        That doesn't sound good at all! Why use something like a repository to block the stargate when the Ancients were so good with shield technology?

An Ancient repository to store computer technology wouldn't be a good idea, only a few people would be able to use it and why would the SGC need to use one anyway? The computer systems they have now work fine, you don't fix what isn't broken!

Rings in the SGC might sound like a good idea... easier to move around the base quickly and easy access to the surface but it also leaves the SGC open to attack from anyone with a ship with rings. Its too much of a security risk to be practical!

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
          Rings in the SGC might sound like a good idea... easier to move around the base quickly and easy access to the surface but it also leaves the SGC open to attack from anyone with a ship with rings. Its too much of a security risk to be practical!
          I'm sure there has to be some way to secure the rings, can you switch them off? Be an idea to only have them on when you know it's your allies ringing down.

Comment

i wasnt talking about an actual repository, but about something that extents from the wall like one, and the iris only blocks matter coming from an already active wormhole, this thing actually stops any wormholes from dialing in, kinda like temporary burying it

Comment

1. the sgc should have asgard transport beaming tech. it would be useful for many reasons like evacuating the base or if need be it could get the stargate into space very quickly. maybe if there was a small ship waiting in space that had a hyperdrive. the gate could be beam in to that then the ship could jump into hyperspace. plus it could beam enemy hostiles that are coming through the gate into cages or into space.

2. energy shields around the gate room and the base.

3. i am not sure what the tech is called but i mean the tech that asgard ships have that protects against bombs going off indoors.

4. machine guns in the gate room that are controlled by some 1 in a different room. they should have small personal shields.

5. asgard sensors that detect and aliens on the base or and coming through the gate including goaulds.

6. they could have a device like the tollan device that disables weapons. they could have it pointing at the gate. it would be funny to see enemy hostiles come through the gate trying to fire and there guns dont work.

Comment

why have the sgc on earth any way? build a space station that is in orbit its alot safer, encase of emergency's enter hyperspace or self destruct.

or put it on the moon
                Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
                Anime signature in spoiler tag
                Spoiler:
                Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

Originally posted by jhkplaya888 View Post
                  why have the sgc on earth any way? build a space station that is in orbit its alot safer, encase of emergency's enter hyperspace or self destruct.

or put it on the moon
                  Because they already had a top secret, super secure base for operations. It would cost billions, probably trillions of dollars to put one on the moon or in orbit.

Comment

Originally posted by Myles View Post
                    Because they already had a top secret, super secure base for operations. It would cost billions, probably trillions of dollars to put one on the moon or in orbit.
                    but now we have matter conversion so its alot more simple and perhaps free
                    Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
                    Anime signature in spoiler tag
                    Spoiler:
                    Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

Originally posted by jhkplaya888 View Post
                      but now we have matter conversion so its alot more simple and perhaps free
                      were not doing it because it's not as dramatic

Comment

If I was in charge of modernizing the SGC here is what I would do

1. Set up force fields in the Gateroom with independent power sources that were EMP resistant

2. Set up Force Fields in the hallways with independent power sources that were EMP resistant along with the metal doors

3. Set up remote chain guns, staff cannons, and Claymores in the Gate Room to stop anyone from entering or leaving as many people have shut down the command room and escpaed so this would prevent it

4. Have have atlantis style tranporter for the base to connect the bse up along with a beaming station that relays to a satellites to transport anywhere on Earth so 304s won't be needed.

5. Use Crystal based Computers

6. Have an Asgard beaming station at the base of the Stargate much like Thor's hammer

7. Have holographic projectors set room to room for better communication

8. Open the gate room up more so bigger vechiles can have access to the gate and jumpers have more room to maneuver

9. Have an actual jumper bay

10. Have asgard senors for deep space telemetry so we actually know when someone is coming

11. Have the SGC shielded much like atlantis but on a much smaller scale because we can't replicate the shields of atlantis just yet so whatever he can produce such as Asgard shields out them around the base.

12. Set up Staff Cannons and Rail Gun enplacements on the out side of the base so in case of orbital attack from the Wraith darts or other alien attackers

I think we should add more but I can't think of anything more just yet but I'm sure theres lots
                        Vote Anubis for President in 2012
                        A Face you Can Trust
                        sigpic
                        So whats the worst that could happen?
                        Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
                        It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

*yoda voice*
                          changes biggest in the gateroom, i predict

Comment

In all seriousness, we need an

Spoiler:
                            iGate

Spoiler:
                            When plugged into an iPhone, it can dial a planet without a wormhole. When plugged into an iPod, it turns into a spaceship the size of a magnet that dan do UBER things by getting near it.

Go Green

Comment

I'd say gut the entire thing and replace with tech that seems more reliable but does the same thing. Reiterating the forcefields in the halls used with the blast doors. Better gate security, a transport beam and ring platform. Again with the easy gate access for vehicals and the ship based sensors (space intended and life signs detectors). Maybe some Automatic protocols, a VR room perhaps. And maybe automated security turrets in corridors kind of like the gate security in 2010.
                              Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Working...
                              X