Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many wraith hives do you think there are left?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many wraith hives do you think there are left?

We all know the wraith have lost many with the war with the Asurans but how many do you think there are left. If there are a little do you think it would be hard for us to fight them with the uber powerful asgard beam.
    sigpic

i guess between 30 and 60

Comment

We couldn't possibly know, we don't know how many were destroyed and how many there were in the first place.
      Best quotes ever:
      O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
      Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
      Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
      Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
      Thor:I like the yellow ones
      O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

Or how many they have built since. I think its likely the wraith could grow their ships thats just me though.

But I really dont think our beams will be as effective on wraqith hives as others. The ori ships were delicate they relied on their shields just like atlantis does. The ancient ships are a bit more sturdy but they still went down pretty easily because they are so long, they just split in half.

But since shields dont matter, the wraith have an enourmous amount of armor on their ships, and they are so big, so theres no telling how many shots it would take to take out a hive.

Not that I think we couldn't do it though, one on one we would now pwn the wraith hives.

Comment

I would guess that 30 Hives are left.

Well, then the Aurora's must have been delicate as well: Since 2 shots took it out with the beams. And remember how many shots from a Hive it took to take down the No Mans Land Aurora when they turned off the shields

Asgard beams are uber powerful.

First Aurora, 2 shots it was completey engulfed in fire and about to exploded, but kept firing and in 6 shots it disintergrated.

I think 6-12 shots will take out a Hive (depending on placement and if they want to totally destroy the Hive instead of watching it self destruct). Only reason for up to 12 shots, the sheer size of the Hive. Our beams do not last as long as the Ori ones. Dissecting it sideways via one shot is unlikely (unless it was a cruiser).

1-2 shot will take out a cruiser.

Comment

Originally posted by JSPuddlejumper View Post
            I would guess that 30 Hives are left.

Well, then the Aurora's must have been delicate as well: Since 2 shots took it out with the beams. And remember how many shots from a Hive it took to take down the No Mans Land Aurora when they turned off the shields

Asgard beams are uber powerful.

First Aurora, 2 shots it was completey engulfed in fire and about to exploded, but kept firing and in 6 shots it disintergrated.

I think 6-12 shots will take out a Hive (depending on placement and if they want to totally destroy the Hive instead of watching it self destruct). Only reason for up to 12 shots, the sheer size of the Hive. Our beams do not last as long as the Ori ones. Dissecting it sideways via one shot is unlikely (unless it was a cruiser).

1-2 shot will take out a cruiser.
            Maybe our beams will act like the satellite that we used to split one hive in season 1.
            sigpic

Comment

Cruisers, I can see our beams splitting them.

Not the Hives.

Out of all beams, the Asgard beams last the shortest duration. But they are the fastest and 3 beams cannons per ship.

The Hive is probably 3-4 km across, I do not see it splitting it. Ori beam possibly could do that with a sideways shot.

Comment

If the Asgard beam can't destroy an Aurora or Ori mothership (shieldless) with a single shot it won't be able to destroy a Hive ship which is much larger and more heavily armored.

The Ori beam may be able to punch a hole straight through the Hive ship but it wouldn't slice it in half like the Lantean satellite.
                Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

6-12 shots if the kept firing IMO.

But, if there was say a power core that explodes, knowing the exact location of it, then Hive can now be destroyed with 1 shot. Secondary explosions taking care of the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by JSPuddlejumper View Post
                    6-12 shots if the kept firing IMO.

But, if there was say a power core that explodes, knowing the exact location of it, then Hive can now be destroyed with 1 shot. Secondary explosions taking care of the rest.
                    1-2 shot when the hiveships are reduced in size to an 11th of what they are.
                    The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
                      If the Asgard beam can't destroy an Aurora or Ori mothership (shieldless) with a single shot it won't be able to destroy a Hive ship which is much larger and more heavily armored.

The Ori beam may be able to punch a hole straight through the Hive ship but it wouldn't slice it in half like the Lantean satellite.
                      True but after watching the damage 1 does in basmr it might suffice. But nonetheless I agree.
                      Best quotes ever:
                      O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
                      Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
                      Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
                      Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
                      Thor:I like the yellow ones
                      O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

I don't know why people keep talking about basmr while the episode obviously threw all space ship related consistency through the window without a second thought.
                        The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn View Post
                          I don't know why people keep talking about basmr while the episode obviously threw all space ship related consistency through the window without a second thought.
                          It wasn't that bad, the main thing which bugged me was the lack of hundreds of drones shredding ships left, right and center.
                          Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Its not been proved yet, "Spoils of War" maybe, but couldnt they just grow new ones.

Comment

how are they reduced to an 11th of the size you cant judge distance in space due to the lack of referance points

and wheras destroying most ships is once te sheild dies its toast destroying a hive with beams would be like destroying a block of wood with a drill

a bood methord might be to fire then while the beam is fireing move the turret around to slice huge chuncks off

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

Working...
                              X