Earthean ships.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Earthean ships.

I just wanted to ask a quick question. When I watched Unending, I realized something. I don't remember a human vessel ever fighting any Hatak class ships and winning. I just wanted conformation on this.
    The Stargate staff sing the little known lyrics to the stargate theme.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=CqDE8kocoTI

unending marks the first sg1 304 kill against a shielded opponent

Comment

Actually, they never even destroyed an Alkesh! Unless they did during the antartica battle.

So, basically, billions upon billions of dollars went into building goa'uld target practice?

And nice job avoiding the spoiler.

Comment

during the arctic battle askeshes and gliders were destroyed. no hataks were destroyed. sg1 NEVER destroyed a hatak by an earth ship in a fair battle. the odyy is the only ship ever in sg1 made by earth to score a kill against a shielded opponent.

Comment

actually the 304 was caperable of takin out a hatak vessel or badly damaging it!! and the 303 was used in the antartica not the 304!!! the 303 did however destroy some cargo ships!!! also seeing as the 304 were caperable of takin out wraith ships, which are way more advanced, then it stands to reason that they would be able to take out a hatak ship! another reason we havent seen the 304 destroy any hatak vessels is cause when the 304 came out the goa'uld had been already defeated!!!

Comment

My point, however, is that the ships in general were failures. the expressed purpose of creatng them was to have a "viable counter measure against Goa'uld motherships." seeing as the 303 nor the 304 (Lucian alliance) took out any Hatak vessels, I think it stands to reason that they kind of sucked.

And remember, they only defeat Wraith ships by beaming a frikkin' nuclear warhead on board! Unless the 304 has destroyed wriath ships otherwise, please correct me. I'm much more fluent in SG-1 than Atlantis.

Comment

the 304 blew up some aurora's, but that was after unending
              and wraith hives are not shielded

Comment

Huh. I didn't know that. But i think my point remains about the tele-nuke. Was the defeat of Auroran ships after the obtainment of asgard technology?

Comment

Originally posted by StargateNexus View Post
                  actually the 304 was caperable of takin out a hatak vessel or badly damaging it!! and the 303 was used in the antartica not the 304!!! the 303 did however destroy some cargo ships!!! also seeing as the 304 were caperable of takin out wraith ships, which are way more advanced, then it stands to reason that they would be able to take out a hatak ship! another reason we havent seen the 304 destroy any hatak vessels is cause when the 304 came out the goa'uld had been already defeated!!!
                  Oh, okay!!!!!!

Comment

About the beaming tech, this kinda bothers me.
                    Once the wraith blocked the nukes from coming inside the hives, why couldn't a 304 just beam a nuke right outside the hive, BOOM?

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by StargateNexus View Post
                    Oh, okay!!!!!!
                    I checked, he right.

But what about Lucian Alliance?

Joe
                    Zero Point Energy by 0 Kelvin: Just go to Wikipedia, type in Absolute 0, hit enter. It'll save a little bit of my time and effort.

better to be wrong and alive than right and dead

sigpic

Comment

lol it is funny if you think about it. We haven't hardly damaged one before now we can likely blow it up with one shot from the beams. They are completly no threat to our ships now.

Especially considering Odossey is still in the MW with its ZPM so it can still cloak and has shields that the Hatak class can never even imagine depleting. Basically invincible atm.

Comment

Originally posted by Gala View Post
                        lol it is funny if you think about it. We haven't hardly damaged one before now we can likely blow it up with one shot from the beams. They are completly no threat to our ships now.

Especially considering Odossey is still in the MW with its ZPM so it can still cloak and has shields that the Hatak class can never even imagine depleting. Basically invincible atm.
                        They aren't a threat anyway, maybe the lucian alliance but they aren't going to be able to do much. It would be cool to see that fight though. Some rebel free jaffa take their hataks to atlantis to try and take it but the apollo kicks their ass in 1 shot per ship.
                        Best quotes ever:
                        O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
                        Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
                        Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
                        Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
                        Thor:I like the yellow ones
                        O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonicdahedgie View Post
                          Actually, they never even destroyed an Alkesh! Unless they did during the antartica battle.

So, basically, billions upon billions of dollars went into building goa'uld target practice?

And nice job avoiding the spoiler.
                          actually, they have, the one the trust used which the former senator kinsey was on till the prometheus used two missiles to blow it up
                          sigpic

Comment

1 shot ought to destory a Ha'tak now, even upgraded Annubis Ha'tak.

Annubis super ship, 3-4 shots at the most, which would roughly take 2 seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient122 View Post
                              About the beaming tech, this kinda bothers me.
                              Once the wraith blocked the nukes from coming inside the hives, why couldn't a 304 just beam a nuke right outside the hive, BOOM?

Joe
                              In space there is not enof mater to make the nuke work properly
                              Basely you got a small bang but not the al powerful shockwave to blow up a hive
                              sorry cant spell

Comment

Working...
                              X