No Asgard generator on either ships?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Asgard generator on either ships?

Towards the end of the battle, Ellis said to transfer power from the energy weapons to the shields. As the shields were starting to buckle.

This implies that Asgard generators were not installed.

Earth ships with Asgard generators, imagine the shield power (Ark of Truth anyone). Already without them, completing owning Aurora class (Ori ships to a lesser extent in Unending).

The Hives stand no chance, unless as a group.

there might be a asgard generator, but perhaps it was focusing its energy on weapons, remember 10 ships firing on you does take some shield strength.

it also supports the idea that the zpm was not the main power soruce that lead to the ori defeat, because the asuran ships are ori like technology and we wiped them out and we did not have a zpm
    Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
    Anime signature in spoiler tag
    Spoiler:
    Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

Its been a while in the timeframe since AoT and unending so I assumed the Apollo and Daedalus had ZPM's already.
      Visit my Website

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
        Its been a while in the timeframe since AoT and unending so I assumed the Apollo and Daedalus had ZPM's already.
        ZPM's are hard to get i dont think they have it, its probably just an asgard generator
        Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
        Spoiler:
        Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

I agree, they didnt state that they have one or that they didnt have one so no assumptions made can be considered canon. But an ori beam being alteast 1/8 the power of the coronal mass ejection from Echos is seemingly canon.
          Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

No ZPMs.

Don't think there is even an Asgard generator, it may be hard to install, due to size and other complications. If there was an Asgard generator I do not think the Apollo's shields would have been in trouble.

Anyway, we will find out in later episodes.

Comment

we dont know the power out put and only saw the size of a beliskner class generator, which was over come by anubis's gould enhanced weapons and there were 4 generators on the Beliskner. Dont elevate the generators to a level they were not intended on being

Comment

Originally posted by JSPuddlejumper View Post
                No ZPMs.

Don't think there is even an Asgard generator, it may be hard to install, due to size and other complications. If there was an Asgard generator I do not think the Apollo's shields would have been in trouble.

Anyway, we will find out in later episodes.
                remember they are fighting 30 or so asuran ships even with a asgard generator it cant last for ever, i bet that if they had a zpm they would say the exact same thing
                Spoiler:

Comment

Well, the amount of power in the generator, as quoted by Thor is mind boggling.

And those were the old generators, new ones must have been created for the O'Neill. The Asgard could have made a version to fit Earth ships...

Obviously there are no ZPMs now, so time to start implimenting something else for power requirements. I guess McKay et al are not looking at the Atlantis database on how to create them ever? If they had the specs, let the Odyssey Asgard replicator create it. I suppose that would be too easy and make us insanely uber powerful.

Comment

Originally posted by jhkplaya888 View Post
                    remember they are fighting 30 or so asuran ships even with a asgard generator it cant last for ever, i bet that if they had a zpm they would say the exact same thing
                    Not 30, in the end there were about 20 ships converging into the battle, id say in the allotted time we could only get about 12 of them into the fight and the rest were on their way. So out of 12 or so Asuran ships against 4 Traveler Generational Ships, 7 Hives, 2 304s, and a Traveler Ancient warship the pairing would have been about even. They lost a total of 4 ships due to fair fighting and we lost a total of 2 (from what we could see) though some of the hives looked way to far gone to have survived the entire time. In the end, considering we have weapons of great power they did reasonably well for a reaction to a surprise attack.

Comment

no way did the daedalus and appollo have zpms, it would have to atleast been explained and wasnt even mentioned in the episode or any episode

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran View Post
                        we dont know the power out put and only saw the size of a beliskner class generator, which was over come by anubis's gould enhanced weapons and there were 4 generators on the Beliskner. Dont elevate the generators to a level they were not intended on being

Wasn't that the an old Asgard design which Anubis managed to overcome let alone the O'Neil class and now recently the updates? That's 2 updated versions.

Comment

there has been no indication that they switched though its likely they did its not saying that the power systems are different. The power supply could have remained the same but there is undoubted indication that the shields have improved.

Comment

there has been no indication that they switched though its likely they did its not saying that the power systems are different. The power supply could have remained the same but there is undoubted indication that the shields have improved.
                            So what you're saying is that [the] new Asgard designs (shields, weapons, etc) utilize Naquadriah with a higher effeciency, however, not to its optimal level when compared with Nuetrino generators (which some doubt 304s have due to its size in previous bulky versions, like Beliskner)?

Not saying Asgard generators (the new ones) can last long as ZPMs, but I think they can manage to output similar amounts of energy at a given time.
                            Last edited by randy23; 05 January 2008, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Not 30, in the end there were about 20 ships converging into the battle, id say in the allotted time we could only get about 12 of them into the fight and the rest were on their way. So out of 12 or so Asuran ships against 4 Traveler Generational Ships, 7 Hives, 2 304s, and a Traveler Ancient warship the pairing would have been about even. They lost a total of 4 ships due to fair fighting and we lost a total of 2 (from what we could see) though some of the hives looked way to far gone to have survived the entire time. In the end, considering we have weapons of great power they did reasonably well for a reaction to a surprise attack.
                              what are you talking about? the whole replicator force was in that battle, all there ships across the galaxy, all of them were fighting and i believe that there was 37 to start, we killed 7 so that leaves 30.
                              Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                              X