Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Angry at Weakness of Replictor Ships and tech plot holes (Spoilers for BAMSR)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Angry at Weakness of Replictor Ships and tech plot holes (Spoilers for BAMSR)

Spoilers for BAMSR

Last Warning

I just watched the episode and boy did it make me angry for several reasons

1. The Replicator ships were so weak.

a. Our Rail guns thats right our rail guns the weapons that have never defeated a Rep ship with ease
    b. Wraith Darts took a Rep ship out. How is that possible?
    c. Was it two drones from the travlers ship that took one out

2. The lack of scanning the planet for ZPM's
    a. They have asgard senors and beams so why not scan
    b. The shields on the planet were down because there was a black out
    c. McKay would have known where the ZPM's were as he was in the main Power Station

3. How they just left all of those ships in orbit
    a. The team has used the ships before and if they couldn't figure it out beam the people over there out of there

I mean they made the Rep ships look so weak it was not even funny. This episode had some great moments but when it came to tech the writers said screw it and let the Reps become so weak

How did they ever beat the Wraith in a fight at all if that was how powerful their ships were?
    Last edited by fugiman; 04 January 2008, 10:51 PM.
    Vote Anubis for President in 2012
    A Face you Can Trust
    sigpic
    So whats the worst that could happen?
    Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
    It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
    I just watched the episode and boy did it make me angry for several reasons

1. The Replicator ships were so weak.

a. Our Rail guns thats right our rail guns the weapons that have never defeated a Rep ship with ease
    b. Wraith Darts took a Rep ship out. How is that possible?
    c. Was it two drones from the travlers ship that took one out

2. The lack of scanning the planet for ZPM's
    a. They have asgard senors and beams so why not scan
    b. The shields on the planet were down because there was a black out
    c. McKay would have known where the ZPM's were as he was in the main Power Station

3. How they just left all of those ships in orbit
    a. The team has used the ships before and if they couldn't figure it out beam the people over there out of there

I mean they made the Rep ships look so weak it was not even funny. This episode had some great moments but when it came to tech the writers said screw it and let the Reps become so weak

How did they ever beat the Wraith in a fight at all if that was how powerful their ships were?
    I agree 100% they made the earth ships way way way to powerful. It also seemed that it took a really long time for the reps to respond to the attack. The wraith were even destroying ships easily. I bet ha'taks could destroy the replicators. That just irks me how they made that whole episode seem so easy and there wasnt too much pressure so you know they would kill all of them either way. The only good part of the episode was the ending with wier.
    sigpic

Comment

I liked the ending but hated how weak they made the reps look. How on Earth did the Reps ever beat the wraith if we could just do that
      A Face you Can Trust
      sigpic
      It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Yes they make the reps look all powerful and strong but then we bring the Asgard beams and they cant kill wraith ships anymore. I also think it is hard to believe that most of the ships went without major damages. Most battles against the wraith cause earth ships to lose sheild alot but against many replicators ships you dont ever hear the sheilds at a certain percent. The replicator ships had more numbers too.
        sigpic

Comment

With that episode, we can assume the 304's upgraded are stronger than an Aurora class ship.

I think I even seen a squadron of f-302's at one point lol

btw, shouldnt this thread get a spoiler warning?
          Visit my Website

Comment

I did but I think the title is to long for it to show up

Yes we can I guess this shows that after a few thousand years the Asgard passed up the Ancinets is weapons tech
            A Face you Can Trust
            sigpic

Comment

Fugiman, remove the hyphens from your initial post so it doesn't screw up the forum layout.
              Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

havent seen it yet but i think mckay's shielp upgrades and asgard shield upgrades had something to do with earth ships being so strong. and you know, imitation will never be as good as the original.

Comment

I haven't seen the episode but have a question for someone that has, does this episode show that Ori ships are better than aurora class based on how effective the Asgard upgrades were on both?

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
                    I haven't seen the episode but have a question for someone that has, does this episode show that Ori ships are better than aurora class based on how effective the Asgard upgrades were on both?
                    Well it does show taking an Aurora getting pwned pretty easily, Darts seemed to have taken one out pretty easy though
                    A Face you Can Trust
                    sigpic

Comment

the asuran plothole is a laugh. the greates is the frequency modulation chip. its in avatar. why didnt carter come up with building the actual damn thing, plug it in an ARG and you got a weapon capable of keeping killing replis. the replis adapted to the frequency of the ARG. with a FMC the ARG goes frequency hopping[something used on almost every device with radio technology in it. even cell phones.] . as there are a ton of frequencys the replis will never be able to fully adapt.

Comment

ok ive seen bamsr and i know the answer. the repli ships were there. but they had less than a few minutes to get the ships go. they would have to beam over all kinds of people with the gene to get them going. it was too much in a way to short timeframe. also the repli ships dont seem to have shields active most of the time. am i smelling underestimation by the asurans? or did they figure that our weapons cut through their shields and ships so easily that they simply put it to their weapons. all in all, i wouldve loved to see more ship battle and less bla bla, and much less mckay in the core room and much more of the battle. also, since when can 2 drones destroy an aurora? even better, since when can darts cut through aurora shields? since when are aurora's almost shieldless? since when do asurans underestimate us so badly? since when are aurora's so fragile? a single beam from a 304 cut an aurora in half. each hit destroyed an aurora even more. there was nothing left. at all. also since when do asurans use aurora's only? and why dont they go for survival? a single ship going to an uninhabited planet and settle there would be nice. my idea for the end of te asurans would be blow up their home, and all they would have to care about is the remaining ships. when i saw the eppy i was like a kid in a massive toy and candy store, with a limitless creditcard. i loved the eppy. but i think that the asurans were pictured as too strong in progeny

Comment

They didn't have time to take any of the heavily damaged ships.

They also surprised the fleet on multiple fronts. So while they outnumbered us they didn't have time to bring a lot of weapons online. before suffering damage across their fleet. Several hive ships didn't make it back i think i saw four leave.

The moment the power grid went offline our ships should have gone ZPM hunting they could have gotten two or three of them.

dumb question why wasn't there a backup plan for the explosive part? We have a tainted ZPM that could easily have destroyed the planet. beam a few troops into a ZPM room grab the good one, insert the tainted one, and hook up a rail gun power supply directly to the bad ZPM. that way we could remotely flip a switch and still blow up the planet.

Comment

Greatest space battle by far in SG, and I would say in sci-fi TV in so long. Episode 9.5/10.

Criticisms: Major, Aurora's were made to be super weak, they are supposed to be super strong.

Should have been plainly obvious to anyone way before this that Earth ships are the most powerful given what they can do to near invincible Ori ships.

Should have been obvious to anyone before this that Ori ships are more powerful than the Auroras.
                            But this episode made the Aurora's super weak. I expect a Ori ships to take on 6 of these at once from what is shown on this episode.

In reality an Ori ship should be about 1.5 Auroras, at the very most 2.

This episode made an Ori ship equal about 6 Auroras! Our ships, 6+ Aurora's, lol. Realistically with our ships should be able to handle only 2-3 Aurora's at once.

If the Aurora's were that weak, the Wraith should have been able to to utterly destroy the Asurans and they should not need our help at all. You would not have seen Aurora's spread across Peagsus.

"a single beam from a 304 cut an aurora in half. each hit destroyed an aurora even more" Once the shields were gone, a roughly 3000+ meter Ori ship was utterly destroyed by a single Asgard beam. As I said before, the Asgard beams are uber powerful.

But yeah, they made the Aurora far too weak. No Mans Land Aurora would have owned the Hives, and may be 1 Hive would have survived till the planet explosion. However, both our ships would have survived, most have way underestimated Asgard weapons and shield upgrades. See AoT to see what our shields can survived, you will be amazed.

It should have been plainly obvious that with Asgard tech that we would own Ancient ships (or any ships for that matter, since the Ori ships were made 'invincible', no apparent damage at all from fleet in Flesh and Blood, uber one shot kills of Ha'tak that shames Annubis super ship).

In the begining you saw 2 Asgard beams destroy an Aurora.

But what happened to drone barrages, the Aurora's should have able been able to least dent our ships.

However, the Wraith ships, WTF was going on. The Hives should have been owned by the Aurora's. How can darts or like little 302's to any damage at all to an Aurora?

In No Mans Land, the Aurora took out a Hive with ease and withstood so many shots before having to take down the shields on purpose to destroy the Hive. And that Aurora was damaged and 10,000years old!

All in all, they made the Asurans way too weak. Which happens in SG when they make an uber powerful enemy and it requires a beating.
                            Last edited by JSPuddlejumper; 05 January 2008, 05:34 AM.

Comment

it was wrong to pose the asurans as so uber. wraith are nice. they arent made uber. they are extremely strong, and pose as who they are. they are representative. the asurans dont represent themselves. they seem uber but arent

Comment

Working...
                              X